Introducing the New skinner me.. well with high hopes at lea

Hi!
I am a new member, well sort of. I have been on this site for a little over a week now, previously I was on another but it always seemed to lock up or didnt calculate calories acurately. At any rate, I have just begun my weight loss battle. I have began a membership at the local YMCA and have been going faithfully 3 times per week. The first 2 weeks, I was really feeling the burn of my muscles and even through the pain I felt, I had a sense of accomplishment. Now 2 weeks later, I no longer feel the burn.. and it more than one way it makes me feel as though Im not doing something right.. any suggestions to that? I have also started counting calories a tad more vigoresly, on the other website it allowed 1500, this one only allowing 1200, it has sort of left me hungry...
I am interested in learning new work outs suggestions and curious to know if you are able to view others Food plans. I think that if I were to read others who have had major success than I could replicate the same meal and excerise plan.

Look forward to speaking with all you! BEST WISHES!:drinker:

Replies

• Hi!
    I am a new member, well sort of. I have been on this site for a little over a week now, previously I was on another but it always seemed to lock up or didnt calculate calories acurately. At any rate, I have just begun my weight loss battle. I have began a membership at the local YMCA and have been going faithfully 3 times per week. The first 2 weeks, I was really feeling the burn of my muscles and even through the pain I felt, I had a sense of accomplishment. Now 2 weeks later, I no longer feel the burn.. and it more than one way it makes me feel as though Im not doing something right.. any suggestions to that? I have also started counting calories a tad more vigoresly, on the other website it allowed 1500, this one only allowing 1200, it has sort of left me hungry...
    I am interested in learning new work outs suggestions and curious to know if you are able to view others Food plans. I think that if I were to read others who have had major success than I could replicate the same meal and excerise plan.

Look forward to speaking with all you! BEST WISHES!:drinker:
  • Welcome! :happy:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    I've been on about a week. What I'm learning is more about balancing foods. Like yesterday I still had more fat I need to eat. That was a shock. So I had 2 garlic stuffed olives. Believe it or not that helps curb the hunger.

I just went shopping today and bought bulk size frozen broccoli, peas and lettuce. I divided them up according to package serving. I loved it. These foods have virtually no fat , teeny tiny carbs, and low low calories. While I was packaging I heated up a 2 cups of broccoli, add some salt, and voila full for the next couple of hours. I was hungry too. Funny, something so simple can taste so good and filling.

This is probably my 5th attempt at the calorie counting thing. It's getting easier. It really is about portion control and just waiting or keeping occupied for the next 10 to 15 minutes to allow your body to say "hey, I'm full, thanks!"

Also, If I happen to go over or think I am going to go over and I'm still hungry I'll take the number of calories I need to burn and walk on the treadmill. Walking at an incline burns alot more calories than at level. I've lost 1.5 pounds in a week so I'd say it's working.

What I like about pre packaging and freezing individual servings is that it is already calculated and can be heated up on the spot or thrown in with other meals.

Hope this helps!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    you might want to up the anty on exercise for the burn and are you eat back or taking in the calories for the days you work out? If you burn 200 calories that's an additional 200 you need to eat to keep with the 1200 minimum. 1200 is also for a sedentary life style. Does your job require more physical activity the normal? You can adjust it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:

Don't forget to eat those exercise calories you burn off.
    - If you haven't been logging exercise already, do so. Once logged, it adds those calories to your calories available to eat for the day. Many people on here eat most or all of their exercise calories and still lose tons of weight, although it's debated heavily. But if you are hungry, eat those calories! (I do :laugh: )
  • Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou: