Jp's omad journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NIce work babe!!! Back on the wagon and kickin' butt!!!!
  • Healthylyna2020
    Healthylyna2020 Posts: 45 Member
    Your food looks delicious 😋
    And amazing 😉 keep it up my dear
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2020
    I agree that it's soooooooo hard to lose weight, I gained 16 pounds in just 6 weeks :o You will get those pounds back off and so will I, this pandemic has turned our lives upside down but together we got this!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Thank you @volgirl1322 <3 , @mistymeadows2005 <3, @Healthylyna2020 <3 & @Brendalea69 <3 for posting and giving me motivation and encouragement <3<3<3

I have not been online for a while...its a messy in my house :( One issue after the other...home schooling while working at our little shop really made me exhausted and when that happens, my thyroid issue gets worse and my other health problems slips in. When that happens, I start to forget about OMAD and start grazing and before I know it, I am now 58.2kg again. This covid-19 has really taken a toll of everyone including me. Finally, my 2 kids are back in school, but its only for 2 1/2 weeks only before their school holidays starts for 2 weeks :( I really don't see a point to get them back to school now but that's how it goes. Also, due to my thyroid issue, I get tired so fast and so often. Some days, I couldn't even do a simple 7 mins exercise by Lucy W from youtube :( Furthermore, due to covid-19, our little business has dropped and bills kept coming. So, we had to think of new ways to get more business so that we can pay our bills. This is the time I wish I am working for a big company and not work for ourselves :( Oh well, I guess that's life.

Am going to play catch-up this weekend, reading all your posts.

As for little old me, I will start all over again, jumping back onto my OMAD wagon on Moday, 15th June 2020.

Take care everyone and hugs to all <3<3<3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hugs to you and your family.....hoping things get better for you....take the time you need to focus on you....we will be here to support you!!!! COVID has been horrible for all of us,.....I think everyone has struggled......

Take care and hugs to you <3<3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    /HUGS

Are you on medication for your thyroid yet or is it not bad enough to need medication?
    Sounds like you've been having a rough time. Wish I could give you a big ole hug.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    ((HUGS)) I understand how you feel, this pandemic has been brutal. I also restarted OMAD again :# We got this and I'm cheering you on <3
  • jadepearl
    Thank you so much @volgirl1322 <3, @LiLee2018 <3 & @Brendalea69 <3 for your posts! <3
    @volgirl1322 -That's so true, this covid-19 has turn our lives upside down and inside out :( We have to stay strong and get through this :)

@LiLee2018 - I am not taking any medicine at the moment. The Doctor insist that I should go for an op. I really do not want to do so. My Mom had it too and even though the Dr insisted that she should go for an op too, she declined. She has keep her thyroid under control for nearly 40+ years. I just have to be more diligent in my eating ways.

@Brendalea69 - Yes, it is terrible and everyone is suffering :( I too have restarted OMAD again :)
  • jadepearl
    Good afternoon OMADers <3

Re-start Button ON

I weighed myself this morning before we drove to bigger town to do grocery shopping. I am now 127 pounds. So, 17 pounds to go. Its so hard when my whole body doesn't want to co-operate with me :( I tried doing a 7 mins workout by Lucy W on youtube and by the 2 minute, I could see stars :( I am really going to try again this evening...just 1 set of 7 mins workout to start with...fingers cross.

As for OMAD, my kids wanted McD and we ordered the AFL Family McValue Box. So, I had the small Chicken & Cheese Burger, some fries and a Diet Coke. Did you know that 1 Chicken & Cheese Burger has 391 calories? I must really be a big eater as this little tiny burger is not filling enough for me :( Am just wondering if you guys have this burger in the US?

tctzn5f2l3v8.jpg

Hope that I can get in my 7 minutes of Lucy W exercise this evening *fingers cross*

Have a wonderful weekend <3

• jadepearl
    edited June 2020
    Good evening <3

Its a horrible horrible cold evening here :( Its raining and hailing with a low temperature of 7°C (44.6°F). So, 2 loads of clothes will have to be hung inside our home in front of the heater :( Oh well, that's life I guess.

I weighed myself today and am right now 125.6 pounds. So, another 15.6 pounds to go :) I can do this :) My kids asked for paella for lunch today. As it was raining, I just cook whatever I can find in our fridge and freezer. So, I managed to whipped some Ham & Chicken Paella and am glad to see my whole family finishing every single bit of it :) So, that's what I had for my OMAD today :)

I am trying again to exercise this evening...fingers cross!

1ycaeq7gusa3.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend <3

• LiLee2018
    You do what you can girl. If it feels like you can only go for a few minutes, then so be it. Take care of yourself.
    Not sure about the chicken sandwich, looks like the McChicken we have here maybe? Is it like a real piece of chicken or a big chicken nugget basically? lol
    That definitely wouldn't be enough for me but then again I do have a huge appetite.
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 Am doing it one step at a time :) Over here, we have Mc Chicken & Cheese Burger and McChicken Burger. Here's a photo of both of them. One Mc Chicken & Cheese has around 320 calories.

2od1mt1ja7cy.jpg
  • jadepearl
    Good afternoon OMADers ❤️

It has been a very cold winter for us here❄️🌬️🌨️ So, we have been cranking up our gas heater. As for COVID-19, we are going back up to Stage 3 as we are getting 30 plus people tested positive daily 🙄 School holidays just started too, so not sure if they are going back to school in Term 3🤔😕😩

Better news, weighed myself this morning and am 124.7 pounds now. So, roughly 14. 7 pounds to go. As for exercises, been trying to clock-in minimum 30 mins but still not successful 😩

Take care and stay safe ❤️
    Have a wonderful weekend 💕❤️💋
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YAY on the loss that is super awesome.....we are in stage 3 here but now masks are required....and school most likely will be virtual this fall......
  • jadepearl
    Thank you @volgirl1322 ❤️ Lots of things are going chaos here right now.. some are calling it the COVID-19 2nd wave😩
  • jadepearl
    Things have been chaos over here😩 Our State reported 216 COVID-19 positive and 1 death yesterday. We are currently getting 3 digits daily😩 Some are calling it the 2nd wave😫 So, a lot of people are stock piling again. We are all very worried as we will never know what is going to happen tomorrow or the day after. School starts on Monday and so far, the schools have informed us that our kids are going back on Monday. Am glueing ourselves to the news for new changes.

Whenever I get worried, I tend to graze and junk food is what I turn to😩 I am hovering at 124 - 125 pounds currently 😫😭 It's going to be a long, tough and hard journey for me to get down to my GW.

I will catch up with your posts soon, you guys ❤️ Just want to let you guys know that I am still here😘

Take care and stay safe❤️😘💋
  • jadepearl
    Good evening OMADers <3

A lot of newspapers are reporting that our State is going into the Covid-19 2nd wave. Today, our State declared 273 new cases Covid-19 positive and 1 death :( So far, Melb Metro is under lockdown and students are back to online learning. As we are in the countryside, we are still OK (fingers cross) and our kids will be going back to school tomorrow :)

Weighed myself today and I am stuck at 124 pounds :( Am going to change my routine next week and see how that goes. As for exercises, my vertigo has come back and its quite bad. So, even a 15 mins exercise is not do-able for me at the moment. Furthermore, my AF might be coming soon and she always makes me eat more :( Am trying so hard to eat less but when AF is coming to town, I will fail in that area too :(

Hope that you guys are doing well and the Covid-19 is not as bad at your side like over here.

Take care and stay safe <3
  • LiLee2018
    /HUGS
    Stay as safe as you can.
    Maybe if you get snacky you could go for lower calorie options? Like carrot sticks, celery, pickles, etc? I mean obviously not as good as something junky but maybe it could help.
    I'm so jealous that yall are in winter! It's 'melt your face off' hot here.

My state has had steady 1000+ positives daily for a while now. Not really surprised since I'm in SC so that includes the beaches which I'm sure is bringing in a lot of tourists. I dunno, I'm just sort of on the fence. I still wear my mask out and stay safe, but I also think the #'s are being overinflated along with the severity of it. Or well.. at least I HOPE that's happening. Who the hell knows what's actually going on though.

We all just have to do the best we can :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hope the kiddos make it back to school and you get a lil time to yourself.
    Man that vertigo thing is horrible. I was diagnosed with Meniere's and ohhhhh when I get it (not often) I can't get out of bed. Even with my eyes closed there's no reprieve. Then my blood pressure shoots up because my body is searching equilibrium. Did you go to the doc? I think I had to go to an ear doc that did all kinds of tests. Could it be electrolytes? Wouldn't that be nice if it was that simple! :o Wishing you a quick road to feeling like yourself again! <3
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you❤️ I wish I can munch on carrots or celery sticks and be contented🥕😩 When it comes to me and stress, it's always junk food which is so bad for me🍟🍪🍩🍫🧁 The next time when my cravings come again, am going to pop myself a big tub of popcorns😁🍿Yes, the Melb Metro have to wear masks and if things gets worse, we will go to Stage 4 lockdown. Not sure if it's going to affect us🤔😩

@katjustkat - Thank you ❤️ Yes, my 2 kids are finally back at school😊 As for me, my Doctor said is Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). My Doctor has taught me some simple exercises😁 Sometimes, I wish I can make it go away with a snap of my fingers.. wishful thinking, I guess💭

Take care you guys and stay safe❤️❤️❤️💕