Simple please

jenniferkaye2012
jenniferkaye2012 Posts: 7 Member
Hey so I’m new to this and my life is hectic most of time I’m going non stop.
I was wondering what would be easy, quick and SIMPLE to have for lunches/supper.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Is there anything you don't eat?
  • carmen79912
    carmen79912 Posts: 1 Member
    Get a George Forman grill and throw some chicken /fish on it.. over tons of baby spinach... you don’t even need dressing because the meat comes out super juicy! 🥗
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I make stove-top chicken once or twice and week and eat it as leftovers (it's even good cold) throughout the week either with a veggie side or a part of a salad or wrap. It's the most tender and juicy chicken. I switch up the seasoning (usually just store bought mixes).
    https://pinterest.com/pin/500955158553748999/
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,133 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mexican chicken---If you have a slow cooker, put 3 boneless chicken breasts, 1/2- 1 full jar of salsa, cooks on low for the day-- shred if you want and put on tortillas for soft tacos. Or dump over 1/2 c. of black beans for a meal.

Similar idea for Italian chicken- 3 boneless chicken breasts, italian sauce, other vegetables or mushrooms as you like.......Serve over toast or small portion of pasta.

Boneless skinless chicken thighs-- buy when they're on sale. They go on the stove with a little olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper. Add in mushrooms/carrots, etc. that you like -- Fast food dinner.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Day 1. Buy a rotisserie chicken and microwave some jacket potatoes. Prick first with a fork so steam can escape so potatoes don't explode. Depending on size of potatoes and strength of your microwve 4-10 minutes. Do 4 minutes first and have a squeeze, letting them go longer if not soft. Have an easy salad such as sliced tomato with commercial dressing. Concentrate on eating wings and drumsticks because leftover thighs and breasts are easier to deal with.

Day 2. Chicken caesar. Green salad, store bought croutons, store bought caesar dressing, some chopped up leftover chicken.

Day 3. Easy vaguely Mexican chicken salad. A chopped avocado, a jar of commercial salsa, a big handful of chopped coriander, some chopped up leftover chicken mixed in. Have that in store bought soft taco shells or tortillas.

Day 4. Avgolemono soup. Boil some water with a chicken stock cube, the juice of a lemon, some chopped leftover chicken with a handful of rice for about 20 minutes. It should be the texture of thin oatmeal so add more water if needed. In a small bowl beat an egg and ladle in some of the hot soup, beat again, and then pour into the soup, turning the heat very low or off and stir in until slightly thickened by the egg. Have that with greek salad. That's chopped tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives and some commercial salad dressing.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Anything you can prep.. I do most of my cooking for the week on Sunday, then all I have to go is make a veggie or something quick for a side and I'm done!
  • jenniferkaye2012
    jenniferkaye2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank y’all sooo much for the ideas!!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Tinfoil meals. My lunch today was 85g frozen hasbrowns, 85g frozen mixed veggies, 1/3 cup frozen peas, 1/3 cup frozen edamame, and 1/2 cup cream of celery soup. Add a little extra seasoning salt on top. Wrap in tinfoil, bake for 20 minutes. Super easy, tasty, huge portion for about 310 calories.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Tinfoil meals. My lunch today was 85g frozen hasbrowns, 85g frozen mixed veggies, 1/3 cup frozen peas, 1/3 cup frozen edamame, and 1/2 cup cream of celery soup. Add a little extra seasoning salt on top. Wrap in tinfoil, bake for 20 minutes. Super easy, tasty, huge portion for about 310 calories.

Wait...you wrapped soup in tinfoil?
  • shanda_jean
    shanda_jean Posts: 12 Member

I figure she used only 1/2 a cup of soup which could have easily been soaked up with the hash browns, so seems plausible
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Hey so I’m new to this and my life is hectic most of time I’m going non stop.
    I was wondering what would be easy, quick and SIMPLE to have for lunches/supper.

Buy a soup maker. Seriously, you add chopped veg and stock (and you can even buy pre-chopped veg) and it magically turns into something delicious and low calorie. Minimal effort!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member

Any "cream of ..." soup is very, very thick out of the can. Like pudding. It just plops out and isn't "soup" until you mix water into it per can instructions.
  • sahippo
    sahippo Posts: 12 Member
    https://www.withpeanutbutterontop.com/santa-fe-chicken-foil-packets/
    Made this last night. It was super easy and delicious. I lowered the calories by using mozzarella cheese.
  • janemartin88
    janemartin88 Posts: 18 Member
    sahippo wrote: »
    https://www.withpeanutbutterontop.com/santa-fe-chicken-foil-packets/
    Made this last night. It was super easy and delicious. I lowered the calories by using mozzarella cheese.

Just looked at this, sounds fab - thanks for the tip!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    My simple meals would be things like sandwiches, omelettes, fritters.

And in summer a salad plate consisting of things like tomato, cheese, boiled eggs, tuna, potato salad, sweet corn, cold meat slices.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    busyPK wrote: »

Any "cream of ..." soup is very, very thick out of the can. Like pudding. It just plops out and isn't "soup" until you mix water into it per can instructions.
    Lol yes, cream of soups out of cans are very thick. They add lots of flavor to veggies (and meat if you want) for a quick easy meal. I love tinfoil meals.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Some quick and easy one-pot dinner recipe ideas from my favorite website:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/22-fast-easy-one-pot-meals/

or how about some lunch meal prep ideas:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/category/extra-bytes/budget-friendly-meal-prep/no-re-heat/
  • StarbuxDiva
    StarbuxDiva Posts: 13 Member
    Make large meals on Sundays and eat the leftovers throughout the week. You can even make pre-make meals that you can freeze and pop out later to cook quickly. Good luck! :smile: