50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    mc62412 wrote: »
    Hi everyone !
    Glad to see so much support. I want in on this. I’m from Connecticut.

Staring weight : 290.5 ( 4/12/20 )
    1st mini goal 270.2 ( I wish I hit this last week but that didn’t happen. So close. Let’s say I want to hit that 1st goal by 6/25/20 )

Then I’ll set a 2nd goal. Final I’d like to reach 160/170

Drink half our weight in water ? That sounds like an AWFUL lot of water. For me at least lol. Unless I calculated wrong. But I see I’m behind from when this post went up lol

I don't know where half your weight came from...a day? That is likely to kill you. I aim for 64 ounces but of I can get 96, I'm pretty pleased. Maybe half your weight in ounces? mine would be ~105, so doable. I don't actively measure...I carry around a 33oz bottle everywhere I go and refill when it is empty. It is next to my bed at night.

Your goals and mine are pretty similar. I'd like to get down to 145ish but I'd be happy with 160. 160 would be wedding weight (or what I weighed when I got married 20 yrs ago). I know it is possible...I did it a couple years ago but then I got lazy...and I'm back to having to work at it. I snack too much. And, as I've said before, am a salt fiend. You can do this!
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    So this past week, I focussed more on what I was eating then exercise. I cut out white bread, soda, candy, chocolate, chips and hamburgers, ice cream, AND fast food 😳 I made my breakfast each morning at home instead of stopping at Tim Horton’s on my way to work.
    I do still need to work on increasing my water intake!
    I pushed to get my step count between 8-10k each day.
    This morning I did my first “workout” in about a month... and I feel great!
    Cutting out all the crappy food this past week made a huge difference in how I was able to push through the exercise! Usually with my 3 pound weights, my arms are screaming, but I couldn’t find them, so I used my 5 pounds, and I’ll be sticking with them!
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Hi everyone !
    Glad to see so much support. I want in on this. I’m from Connecticut.

Staring weight : 290.5 ( 4/12/20 )
    1st mini goal 270.2 ( I wish I hit this last week but that didn’t happen. So close. Let’s say I want to hit that 1st goal by 6/25/20 )

Then I’ll set a 2nd goal. Final I’d like to reach 160/170

Drink half our weight in water ? That sounds like an AWFUL lot of water. For me at least lol. Unless I calculated wrong. But I see I’m behind from when this post went up lol

I don't know where half your weight came from...a day? That is likely to kill you. I aim for 64 ounces but of I can get 96, I'm pretty pleased. Maybe half your weight in ounces? mine would be ~105, so doable. I don't actively measure...I carry around a 33oz bottle everywhere I go and refill when it is empty. It is next to my bed at night.

Your goals and mine are pretty similar. I'd like to get down to 145ish but I'd be happy with 160. 160 would be wedding weight (or what I weighed when I got married 20 yrs ago). I know it is possible...I did it a couple years ago but then I got lazy...and I'm back to having to work at it. I snack too much. And, as I've said before, am a salt fiend. You can do this!

😂😂 that’s what I said ! I must be calculating wrong cause even the ounces is a lot !!!! Lol. I’ll have to recheck. I’ve been trying to drink more water. Now that’s all I’m drinking if I eat anything.

They weren’t lying when they said it’s a journey ! Lol we got this. I’ve given up a lot of things cause I’m afraid if I eat it even if it’s just once in a blue moon, that it will just flip a switch and lead to past eating habits.

I am getting quite tired of salads though lol.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    So I am so late to join this but it looks like the kind of group I need...wish I knew how to always come back here then...

There’s a little star at the top right of the thread - click that & it’ll light up yellow. Makes the thread easier to find in the list!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    They weren’t lying when they said it’s a journey ! Lol we got this. I’ve given up a lot of things cause I’m afraid if I eat it even if it’s just once in a blue moon, that it will just flip a switch and lead to past eating habits.

I am getting quite tired of salads though lol.

So, grain of salt & all as I’ve admittedly regained prior losses more than once, however... as someone who absolutely detests raw vegetables... I managed to lose 50lbs without eating a single salad. Also without giving up sodas, or hamburgers, or chocolate, or anything else. It IS possible to continue eating all of the things you love & still lose weight.

I’d like to be healthier, but I refuse to make myself miserable over it. I love food. I enjoy cooking & trying out new recipes. I enjoy dining out. Cutting all of that out wouldn’t be sustainable for me.

Stress is my kryptonite. When I get overwhelmed I stop cooking pleasure or taste & just do whatever is cheap / fast / mindless. I don’t enjoy my food at all.
  • Sunnysouth92
    Sunnysouth92 Posts: 30 Member
    Gonna need a lot of willpower. We drove down to the beach in Florida, eating out healthfully is hard 😬
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member
    HI guys, I'm back. It's been a couple weeks, but I was drastically under eating (600 calories/day) so I was super tired all the time. I ended up binge eating and going back to 124 pounds when I was at 122. Now I've got to start over. Whoops. I've learned my lesson and I will start eating a bit more lol.
  • mc62412
    LeeAnneIAm wrote: »
    HI guys, I'm back. It's been a couple weeks, but I was drastically under eating (600 calories/day) so I was super tired all the time. I ended up binge eating and going back to 124 pounds when I was at 122. Now I've got to start over. Whoops. I've learned my lesson and I will start eating a bit more lol.

2 pounds....
  • melaniedscott
    Haven't been doing my core for a few days. Been tired, it has basically been a choice between walking and core and I really need the walking. I've managed at least 30 minutes 6 of the last 7 days.

This am I went out to do a little weeding...nearly 2 hours later I came back in. Don't know how the time got away from me. Sure was tired after.

The war with the weeds is tiring...I hate all things with tap roots and things that root for feet. I'll do some work every day and maybe still get to my goal of getting those two beds clear this month.

• mc62412
    Weighing in today. Interested to see how the week went. I’ll post it in a few
  • mc62412
    Ive finally reached my first goal ! It took me 9 weeks. 20.5 pounds down this morning. Woo hoo.

Now for my next goal !! 👀 I’m not even sure what to set it at. I was thinking 15 pounds. But is that too much. Will I get discouraged. Should I do 10 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Let’s go middle. And say 12 lol.

4/12 initial weight 290
    6/14 Current weight 270
    2nd goal 258

I don’t have a time frame for it. I guess as long as I make progress toward that direction I’m good.

How are you guys determining next goal. And are you setting time frames. How are you determining that ?
  • abuford4
    abuford4 Posts: 7 Member
    Can I join you? I used to be super-fit - probably 10 pounds more than I wanted to weigh, but I was a rock climber, long-distance cyclist, swimmer, serious yoga practitioner. Then I got divorced, went to graduate school, and gained - no kidding- 60 pounds. I need to lose about 65, truth be told. But I'm committed to not getting ahead of myself. This week, I only have to lose one pound...... otherwise the goal is too big and I feel defeated.

Starting weight: 173
    Goal weight: 110 (I'm 5' tall, so that's not unrealistic.)

To lose that one pound, I'm going to walk with the dog every morning (which is harder than it should be, but it's good for both of us), do yoga (a short practice because that's all I can do these days) 3 days a week, and just a few minutes of cardio (hello, SO VERY out of shape......) 4 days a week. Also I'm going to start eating breakfast at home again. When I get too hungry, I head for the drive-through, and that's an easy fix. I don't even really like that food, for crying out loud.

Also, I'm going to excuse-proof my workouts. I have a gym membership but they're still closed, and really nothing at home except a yoga mat. So, I'm going to slowly turn the spare bedroom into a workout room. This week, my goal is jut to clear it out. It's kind of become the crap room.

That's enough for one week. They are bigger changes than they seem.....
  • LeeAnneIAm
    Okay, new week new goal. Everyone, try to get at least 8 hours of sleep. (It’ll help you lose weight faster) :)
  • melaniedscott
    Okay, new week new goal. Everyone, try to get at least 8 hours of sleep. (It’ll help you lose weight faster) :)

Yeah, 'cuz it's hard to snack when you're asleep (my husband manages it). I need to sleep A LOT!
  • LeeAnneIAm
    edited June 2020

Yeah, 'cuz it's hard to snack when you're asleep (my husband manages it). I need to sleep A LOT!

Haha, yep! That and sleep helps to control stress levels, cravings, and hunger signals, which can help you feel fuller, faster.
  • starryeclipse
    starryeclipse Posts: 221 Member
    I just started here a couple days ago & want to stay motivated.

SW: 200.4
    CW: 200.2
    GW #1: 160
    GW #2: 135

6/8 - 198.6

6/11 - 196.2

6/15 - 198.0 This is very disappointing but I did go camping over the weekend. I only went over slightly one two of the four days but increased my steps THREE fold! We’ll see how the Thursday weigh in goes.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    SW:207 (5/1/20)
    CW: 201.6
    GW: 157

Total weight lost: 5.4

Lost 0.9 since last week and past my first mini goal of 5 lbs. I haven’t been tracking or posting as much because I have been super busy but I am doing my best to keep things under control and was happy with the loss.

I Am moving in 2 weeks so I will continue to stay busy and stressed. My hubby started eating healthier too so that really curbs the stress eating.

Goal for this week is to drink 80oz/day and log all meals.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    @mc62412 - Congrats on your first goal. My goal is to lose 50lbs by my 50th birthday (May 2021). I set 10 mini goals of 5 lbs. My progress is SLOW and I need the mini goals to keep me motivated.

@abuford4 - welcome :) Sounds like a great plan and a realistic start!

@LeeAnneIAm - I’m usually a great sleeper but lately I have been getting up an hour or two after going to sleep. I think it’s the stress of moving. I just can’t stop thinking. I’ve never had insomnia before.
    @starryeclipse - don’t beat yourself up. Weight loss is not linear, keep on track and it will catch up