So, I went to the Dr. a year ago today and the news was terrible!

13»

Replies

• kedwards4267
    kedwards4267 Posts: 21 Member
    Wow, what an inspiration! Congratulations and thank you for showing that it can be done!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    that's amazing thanks for sharing you rock
  • Anthem76
    Anthem76 Posts: 81 Member
    I was going to complain this morning about "having" to exercise. Then I saw your incredible post. Thank you. You're right. No excuses. I can do this.
  • juniorssister
    juniorssister Posts: 8 Member
    Ah my friend, that is hard work. The consistent part is the struggle for sure. I am glad to see that you've achieved that goal. It's so important that we share our journey. Thank you for that. At 55, I'm down 23 pouds and have about 50 to go. Your journey is an example of hard work and dedication. Celebrate..
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Wow! So inspiring! Thank you for sharing your journey here!
  • jpphillips2112
    jpphillips2112 Posts: 3 Member
    Wow, that's an amazing and inspiring journey! Congratulations and thanks for posting.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Thank you everyone. Happy to inspire people... NEVER have it enter your mind that you can't do it.
  • mada2u1984
    mada2u1984 Posts: 109 Member
    That’s awesome!
  • LC_Shadow
    LC_Shadow Posts: 1 Member
    Bad *kitten*, dude!
    I am *exactly* in your former shoes. Same overweight. Same medical woes. Just started logging *everything* I eat. You look great and are a HUGE inspiration to me. I never thought men our age could really turn it around and you have completely proven me wrong. Thank you for sharing your story. I will read it again and again when I start to feel like I'm losing the faith.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    LC_Shadow wrote: »
    Bad *kitten*, dude!
    I am *exactly* in your former shoes. Same overweight. Same medical woes. Just started logging *everything* I eat. You look great and are a HUGE inspiration to me. I never thought men our age could really turn it around and you have completely proven me wrong. Thank you for sharing your story. I will read it again and again when I start to feel like I'm losing the faith.

Awesome to hear! Just keep plugging along every day and you can do this. Have general goals but concentrate on just getting through the day and making it a success and so on. Have faith in YOURSELF. You can do it man! I want to be reading your success story sometime in the future.
  • Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    You're such an inspiration, I really loved reading your story! ❤️❤️❤️ I absolutely agree that consistency is the key, so keep it up and continue to be such a great example to all of us!
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Congratulations! Your story is inspiring. I hope to be where you are next year.
  • majedov85
    majedov85 Posts: 1 Member
    You are a great person. I wish you lasting health
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    MFP Rockstar! <3
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Amazing job congratulations on finding your motivation as a fellow 50 year old guy struggling with this i'm very impressed
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    You look amazing! So incredibly inspiring, great work. The years you've added to your life in achieving such a feat is absolutely priceless. :sob:
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Awesome!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm so inspired by you and this post was EXACTLY what I needed right now. I just turned 49 and battling hormonal changes. I'm 50 pounds overweight. I went to the dentist today and my blood pressure was OBSCENELY high, stress being another contributing factor. I made a doc appt for Wed and I'm sure he's going to put me on medication to control it. I'm feeling pretty down about it. I'm never had a single health issue in my life. I really needed your post today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!