Any suggestions for good vegan breakfasts?

Hi y’all! Any advice, tips or ideas for good, delicious vegan breakfasts are welcome!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Tempeh or tofu or bean breakfast burritos, oatmeal with peanut butter powder & fruit, peanut butter on Ezekiel tortilla or pita (maybe + fruit).
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Porridge/ overnight oats, beans on toast
    Avocado with tomatoes and olives, or just mashed on toast
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I’m a big fan of almonds, roasted edamame, and granola. I also love oatmeal with peanut butter.
  • blue_killen
    blue_killen Posts: 26 Member
    if you're ever wanting something quick and easy allbran with vegan milk is quite filling and has lots of fiber. I personally like the taste by itself but if not you can add fruit to it
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Most mornings I sauté a bunch of veggies, depending on what I have. I usually start with chopped onions and broccoli and add some power greens mix (baby spinach/kale, and chard) or I even use the sweet kale salad mix (no dressing). I love to add chopped mushrooms or bell peppers when I have them. I sauté them with just water, no oil.

When I’m short on time I will make a smoothie with the power greens, frozen cherries, and a banana. Add a little chocolate protein powder, Pb powder, flax seeds, and unsweetened almond milk.

Some mornings it’s simply just oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries.

Yesterday I made applesauce for my grandkids with apples, sweet potato, blueberries, a little spinach and ground flax.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I usually have leftovers from a previous meal (this morning I had white bean soup with rosemary and garlic). If I'm cooking something specifically, I like pancakes, breakfast burritos, tofu scramble, or savory oats.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Avocado toast is obvious. Spanish pa amb tomaquette as suggested by @Marrigorringo. I often have plain Chinese congee flavoured with soy, sesame oil and green onions.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    An interfering aside (because I am just that kind of hand-wring-y internet granny type):

I don't know your nutritional priorities, so this may not be a concern for you.

Speaking as a long-term vegetarian (not even a vegan), I find that if I don't get a meaningful amount of protein in every meal (including breakfast), it's quite difficult to hit a reasonable total for the day. This is extra true when on reduced calories for weight loss.

If you stand back far enough and squint, maybe that counts as a tip for a good vegan breakfast? If not, apologies!

(I already gave some specific ideas, with this idea in mind, earlier in the thread . . . .).
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Bacon ;)>:)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    You can make pancakes using lentil/chickpea/any other bean flour. You can just grind red lentils in a spice/coffee grind to have lots of it for cheap. I'd do half regular flour and half lentil flour. This way you get protein and iron.

Also tofu scrambles or chickpea/lentil flour omelettes are great ways to get a nutritious breakfast (I'm not a fan of liquid meals personally, and I make sure to get protein for every meal so that's how I do it. If you're into smoothies maybe add a scoop of protein powder to keep you satiated longer).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    brevislux wrote: »
    You can make pancakes using lentil/chickpea/any other bean flour. You can just grind red lentils in a spice/coffee grind to have lots of it for cheap. I'd do half regular flour and half lentil flour. This way you get protein and iron.

Also tofu scrambles or chickpea/lentil flour omelettes are great ways to get a nutritious breakfast (I'm not a fan of liquid meals personally, and I make sure to get protein for every meal so that's how I do it. If you're into smoothies maybe add a scoop of protein powder to keep you satiated longer).

I'm an omnivore but have lived in several vegetarian / mostly plant-based yoga places, so am thinking back on my experiences.

The Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health used to (and maybe still does) offer a South West Tofu Scramble for breakfast that my (now ex) husband liked, despite not being vegan and having been raised on Wonder Bread etc. and never was in the room with tofu before he met me.

Kripalu also had lower-protein options like oatmeal, which as for you and others, did not keep me full for long.

I'm trying to remember what we had at Ananda Ashram, which, like Kripalu, was a vegetarian establishment with many vegan options. I think we had oatmeal and boxed cereal with a variety of milk and plant-based milk options. Also fruit, and, if the cook was feeling ambitious that morning, baked goods.

Again, lower protein than what I would recommend, but it works for some.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    plant yoghurt, fruit, nuts, seeds and a topping of muesli!
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    This week I made a rice pudding with pineapple. Using almond milk. It was so good for breakfast.
  • labrancherenee
    labrancherenee Posts: 3 Member
    From Thug Kitchen:
    Quinoa oatmeal with fruit.
    Pumpkin French Toast Casserole (amazing!) I add some chopped pecans and top with fresh berries.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Chia pudding with bayberries, smoothie bowl or papaya berry bowl