What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    [*] The acne you get when you first start dropping weight and cortisol is releasing. Holy jeeze. My skin is still clearing up from that.
    I thought I was just having a bad breakout, I'm glad to know this isn't just me! I haven't had acne this bad in a long time.

I have had acne issues too from the weight loss. It was like, I got a nice grace period where my acne cleared up because I worked on my skincare the same time I started losing weight, and then I hit about 50lbs lost and it just went all downhill.

I was putting it down to menopause. I just get the one massive sore pimple somewhere on my face where talking and eating will make it hurt, personally.
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2020
    mhainlen52 wrote: »
    I've heard it explained that weight loss leads to reduced inflammation, which reduces things like seasonal allergy symptoms. I don't know if that's really why it happens, but it is interesting to consider.

To add to this fabulous less allergy suffering phenomenon, I've noticed I have yet to have a night where my sinuses plugged up during my sleep!! Usually I have to breathe through my mouth during grass pollen season.....This adds to the reduced inflammation theory

• MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    [*] The acne you get when you first start dropping weight and cortisol is releasing. Holy jeeze. My skin is still clearing up from that.
    I thought I was just having a bad breakout, I'm glad to know this isn't just me! I haven't had acne this bad in a long time.

I have had acne issues too from the weight loss. It was like, I got a nice grace period where my acne cleared up because I worked on my skincare the same time I started losing weight, and then I hit about 50lbs lost and it just went all downhill.

I was putting it down to menopause. I just get the one massive sore pimple somewhere on my face where talking and eating will make it hurt, personally.

That's how mine were too. One or two massive, very painful ones, usually around my mouth and chin. I'd like to say it's menopause for me too, but unfortunately, I'm 32, lol. Hormones be messin'.

This is how mine is. I've done three rounds of accutane and every time I jump into weightloss boom cystic painful deep acne :/ normally it isnt bad but the cortisol is something else. To be fair I have been very anxious/stressed due to some personal stuff so I am sure that hasnt helped either. It seems to be dying down now, but we will see next month! I am only 26, so this is just straight hormone disruption :unamused:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

That's how mine were too. One or two massive, very painful ones, usually around my mouth and chin. I'd like to say it's menopause for me too, but unfortunately, I'm 32, lol. Hormones be messin'.

This is how mine is. I've done three rounds of accutane and every time I jump into weightloss boom cystic painful deep acne :/ normally it isnt bad but the cortisol is something else. To be fair I have been very anxious/stressed due to some personal stuff so I am sure that hasnt helped either. It seems to be dying down now, but we will see next month! I am only 26, so this is just straight hormone disruption :unamused:

Mine took a while and some skincare intervention (differin) but it's been much better recently. I still sometimes get breakouts, but they are much less painful, which is the main thing I cared about.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Cons:
    • Constantly cold

There's a very good chance that this will only be temporary.

Son of a gun. You’re right!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2020
    I did not notice a reduction in allergies with weight loss. That sucks.

My boobs shrunk, but not enough to but inexpensive OTR bras. I'm still a 30E/32DDD. What I consider 'small' still isn't really absolutely small. So their droopy AND I still have to shell out large sums of money for support. I was as high as a 32N/34M. 30E is comparatively small.

Granted at least you can order 32DDD bras online from regular brands/stores. They just don't often have them in stock.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I did not notice a reduction in allergies with weight loss. That sucks.

My boobs shrunk, but not enough to but inexpensive OTR bras. I'm still a 30E/32DDD. What I consider 'small' still isn't really absolutely small. So their droopy AND I still have to shell out large sums of money for support. I was as high as a 32N/34M. 30E is comparatively small.

Granted at least you can order 32DDD bras online from regular brands/stores. They just don't often have them in stock.

My allergies got worse! Probably because I was spending more time exercising outside during high allergy season.

We are bra twins right now, haha. I'm on the cusp of a DD from weight loss, but I'm about to drop a band size again, so I'm guessing my final size is going to be a 30DDD/32DD. Options get really limited under a 32 band. :/
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member

Everyone is different but I will say this - I used to have the same deep, painful cystic pimples around my mouth and jawline. Always 1-3 popping up around my period and hanging around for what seemed like forever. My dermatologist prescribed Spironolactone and within about 3 months I’m completely clear! This drug specifically helps with hormonal acne, which it sounds like you’re experiencing. Oh, and I use retinol and a benzoyl peroxide wash. Hope that’s helpful for you because I know how much those guys suck!

Spiro worked for about a month back when I was younger. Still haven't found a solution, I can honestly say I've tried everything on the natural, regular, prescribed and laser market for acne. I was hoping the new test they have in Germany to pinpoint the exact type will eventually make it this way.

• Fitliz25
    Fitliz25 Posts: 9 Member

Everyone is different but I will say this - I used to have the same deep, painful cystic pimples around my mouth and jawline. Always 1-3 popping up around my period and hanging around for what seemed like forever. My dermatologist prescribed Spironolactone and within about 3 months I’m completely clear! This drug specifically helps with hormonal acne, which it sounds like you’re experiencing. Oh, and I use retinol and a benzoyl peroxide wash. Hope that’s helpful for you because I know how much those guys suck!

Spiro worked for about a month back when I was younger. Still haven't found a solution, I can honestly say I've tried everything on the natural, regular, prescribed and laser market for acne. I was hoping the new test they have in Germany to pinpoint the exact type will eventually make it this way.

I haven’t heard of that test (I’m in America) but it sounds promising! I wish you luck in your search for results, I know how frustrating it can be <3
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    FoolishJoy wrote: »
    Double H here. I don't think losing weight is gonna ever allow me to buy inexpensive bras.😂

You And me both. I've ended up most of a cup size bigger after all this. From a 38H to a 34H to a 34J to possibly 32J once I've lost these last 10lb or so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!