BACK AT IT AGAIN...

Replies

• 1reputa1
    1reputa1 Posts: 2 Member
    I am beginning again too!! thanks for sharing : )
  • joyneville253
    joyneville253 Posts: 59 Member
    Nice i know you will suceed!☺
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Same! Add me yall!!!
  • Kayla_Caroline
    Kayla_Caroline Posts: 29 Member
    Hi Redmond70! I hope you’re doing well!
  • Kayla_Caroline
    I’m rooting for you, 1reputa1, joyneville253, clarkeje1 😁
  • clairesbubbe
    clairesbubbe Posts: 18 Member
    Good luck! it seems as though you're on the right path
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Easier said than done, I know, but can you find something else to fill your time when you might otherwise turn to munching? I say this realizing 'free time' with a 9 month old is limited lol. But try to get in the habit of drinking water, or doing squats, or just putting it off for 30 minutes: when you would normally consider snacking. (I am assuming the snacking is not for hunger and not fitting into your calorie needs.)
    mkchris wrote: »
    I'm trying to get back in the game too! Having a really hard time finding the motivation though. I've got a 9 month old that is still nursing and so I'm trying to find a new routine and not munching all the time :neutral: Would love some friends that I can get on track with.

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I may be your opposite. I find it easy to get into the routine of planning for calorie control. But working out: is another challenge totally.

For the planning part, it can be helpful to pre-log meals/snacks a day before. Its ok to make adjustments as the day goes on, but with the meals laid out in advance you can know what you have room for or not. And of course shopping for items/meals that you enjoy and work for you in terms of calorie budgeting.
    mlkitch wrote: »
    Same! I really plan (was going to write "hope", but that shows I have no control over what is happening...and we all know we have control)...so I am planning to get a handle on my food. I'm pretty good at working out consistently...but I need to make thoughtful decisions surrounding my meals. Glad to see I'm not the only one who is starting again. I also loved your mantra: H onest; O pen; T ransparent.

• Kayla_Caroline
    Thank you! Same to you, clairesbubbe!
  • lynnpinfit
    lynnpinfit Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, my name’s Lynn, I live in the UK. I have Diabetes, PCOS, going through menopause, with fibromyalgia and depression & anxiety to put the cherry on the top ....the weight is just not moving for me for the last couple of years, so i’m back now to this wonderful site again, pushing through at this point to do wii step for 2 hours a day and a 30 min walk on top of that daily to see how I get on. I’m walking/Wii step and I’m burning 700 Cals daily and I’ve actually been really enjoying it, and don’t have a problem pushing through the pain to get myself into better health. I know it’ll hopefully be worth it in the long run right? 😩 I am aiming for a 1 pound loss a week....but for a couple of years my body has wanted to hang on to everything I’ve got and is not willing to shed... but I’m hoping to get somewhere this time, as the Wii step and walking has helped before, I’m eating 1500 Cals a day, and burning 700. For some reason in my food tracker, it says “if every day was like today...I’d nearly reach my goal with a loss of 21 pounds in just 5 weeks??? I used this app many years ago and it was always very reliable, but this time seems really off hugely? Can anyone help? Many thanks X
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    I have today made the decision to get BACK AT IT.

I have sent you a friend request.

Lets do this !!!!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    I officially hit 40 in May... my goal was to lose 40 pounds before I hit 40, but that didn't happen. I hate not being able to really play around with my kids - running, jumping, all that good stuff. Telling them to eat healthy and have fun - while I am eating my umpteenth snack for the day on the couch. Here I am again again again...
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Love the positivity! You got this!🤩
  • Kayla_Caroline
    That’s amazing, lynnpinfit! Thank you for being so transparent!

I just accepted, smessom32! Let’s do it!!!

YAY, BEASTFIELD314! I’m rooting for you!

Aww, thank you! You too, Lynnsgoals2020!
  • bwedwards1
    bwedwards1 Posts: 1 Member
    I am back again, too! Sheltering in place for so many months is WAY too close to the kitchen!
  • SheepDogSix
    SheepDogSix Posts: 150 Member
    Hey Kayla, no doubt this journey can be difficult. However, it's just work! Work in the gym and work in the kitchen. Looking at it that way is something I've accepted and embraced. Embrace the Suck Right! LOL. Stay tough and we'll be cheering you on and taking this journey with you. Feel free to add me. B)
  • Kayla_Caroline
    Aww, you got it bwedwards1! Woohoo!

Thank you, soonerred66! I appreciate it! I actually don’t know how to add friends!
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    This is really B3sha I somehow got locked out of my old account. Couldn’t remember my password or email address....stupid technology. 😣 I was soooo close to just giving up on MFP but I felt like I had been doing really good this time around and didn’t want this setback to end my momentum. So I started over 🤣 We got this!
  • Kayla_Caroline
    beshamama yes, you’re doing great! WE GOT THIS 😁
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Weekly goal check in!

Last week I wanted to work out every day including Sat and Sun and I did it! I’ll continue that this week too.

I also wanted to avoid late night snacking....but I didn’t do so good with that...but I had the calories for it so I guess it’s ok? This week I’m going to buckle down on the no snacks after 8! I have gum and my knitting to hopefully help with this. My former boss is due to have a baby in Sept and I want to finish a blanket for them. Can’t snack while knitting 🤣

Another goal is go to bed before midnight. I am such a night owl I usually don’t get to bed till 2 but this has to stop!

Let’s do this! 💪