How to Preventing constipation

Hi guys in am new here and started the workout routine for cutting down on some extra pounds. How have you people been able to keep ur bowl movement normal bcz i have experienced constipation inspite of having lots of water and greens.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Are you getting enough fat?
  • angelguardian421
    angelguardian421 Posts: 2 Member
    Yes i am taking fat as per daily requirement of meal plans
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Chat with your doctor or a nutritionist to verify whether your greens are getting you to your recommended daily fiber quota. If not, I'd imagine one of their suggestions would be to slowly increase fiber and water intake (as well as the fats mentioned by @kimny72)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Enough fats, enough to drink, enough fibre. and especially enough fluid after working out. And most importantly: not having to go every day is normal. Not going for 2 to 3 days is still nothing to worry about.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Vitamin C and magnesium can help. And probiotics But, as others have said, make sure you're eating a healthy diet. Sometimes, if I drink about 6 glasses of water first thing in the morning, I can go. I suffer from chronic constipation.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Enough fats, enough to drink, enough fibre. and especially enough fluid after working out. And most importantly: not having to go every day is normal. Not going for 2 to 3 days is still nothing to worry about.

this^^

Everyone is different and their bodies have different schedules. It is not dangerous if your body normal goes over 2 to 3 days; some people have 1 or 2 movements a week; others will have several in a day, and both extremes can be normal for them.

Though I'll assume you understand your normal rhythm and are asking about changes to that rhythm which can be brought on by new exercise, changes in diet or hydration levels.

If its been brought on by diet, the best advice I've seen is to make your changes slowly to give yourself time to adapt, such as if you are aiming to increase fiber or fats. Drink plenty of fluids, aim for foods known to help encourage regularity - apples, bananas, and prunes are just a few. If the issue continues and you are still feeling uncomfortable, miralax can be a gentle method to help get back to regularity. If problems continue beyond that, you should consult your doctor.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I tend to go by the 4 'F's to help with constipation - make sure you are getting adequate fibre, fat, fluid and fitness. If this doesn't work then a visit to a doctor is a good idea.