Dessert ideas

ReformedFoodie
ReformedFoodie Posts: 1 Member
Hello all. I'm struggling with figuring out what kind of a sweet treat to have at the end of the day. I have about a hundred and fifty calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Piece of chocolate
    Strawberries with whipped cream
    Small serving of ice cream/frozen yogurt.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    * Sesame Snaps
    * Jello
    * caramel corn/Crunch n Munch

• AWorth10
    AWorth10 Posts: 13 Member
    I like chocolate or strawberry protein shake with almond coconut milk mixed with a little ice. Taste like a shake. I use thrive or Vega one shakes.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I like having Protein 'fluff' ice 'cream' - I make a huge amount for around 60 calories. I pair it with jello and sprinkle kamut puffs on top - maybe some yogurt/berries, etc., Usually around 150-200 calories for my snack.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,091 Member
    I like After Eight chocolate mints for a small sweet treat. For 150 kcal you can have 4 squares.
  • amieelizabeth82
    amieelizabeth82 Posts: 5 Member
    I mix a sachet of low cal hot chocolate into a tub of fat free quark. It's like thick chocolate mousse.
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Hazelnut white chocolate spread with strawberries 👌🏻
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

didn't even know this existed...sounds very dangerous😛
  • MeisjeandDanny
    MeisjeandDanny Posts: 22 Member
    Ohh I know of a chocolate mousse recipe that is about 150 cals a serve. Super rich so it satisfies even my intense cravings. So easy too. I'll find it for you soon! 😁
  • MeisjeandDanny
    Rich chocolate mousse, serves 4

100g dark chocolate (70% or more)
    4 egg whites
    1Tbsp caster sugar
    50g Greek yoghurt
    1tsp vanilla essence

(Sugar is optional, but helps when beating the egg whites) essentially it's just melting chocolate. Adding vanilla and yoghurt. Beating egg whites with sugar and folding them all together
  • MeisjeandDanny
    I just input the ingredients and came out at 188 cal though using Whittakers 72%
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

didn't even know this existed...sounds very dangerous😛

Oh it’s very dangerous 🤤 the spread tastes like the inside of Kinder Bueno.
    Also tastes great on bagels, with the strawberries too.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I had some leftover miso caramel sauce in the fridge from the last time we had company and ice cream for dessert. Tried it today drizzled on mundane fruit after loosening in the microwave. It added plenty of wow to a banana and a sliced apple. This is the recipe I used for the sauce.
    https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel
    qg36c00ltbyh.jpeg
    ihgxjk2fws0l.jpeg

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member

Sounds similar to this recipe.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/iced-berries-hot-chocolate-sauce
  • RhodeRad
    RhodeRad Posts: 8 Member
    I blend three bananas (~10 oz), 7 oz strawberries, and a drop of vanilla extract. Pour into a popsicle mold and get about 9 popsicles out of it. They are 35 calories each. When I have a lot of extra calories, I have these store brand (Safeway) mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches that are awesome and 170 calories.
  • LinkedEmpire
    LinkedEmpire Posts: 40 Member
    Halo top choco mocha chip ice cream. 🤤
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Ice cream novelty (most pre made ice cream plain sandwiches are 150-170 cals)
    Bowl of mixed fruit with a tbsp of cool whip
    Jello
    Popcorn -salt, butter, caramel drizzle, chocolate drizzle (pick your poison!)
    Rice cakes
    Frozen grapes dipped in green jello mix- reminds me of a sour candy but way better and not popping lol
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    We mix a packet of sugar free fat free cheesecake instant jello mix into a large tub of 0% plain greek yogurt. Portioned out into four servings is about 150 calories. I think it tastes good with just the cheesecake jello mix, but there are tons of options for toppings based on what you like - chocolate chips, berries, powdered peanut butter, chopped nuts, crushed up cookie, cereal, etc.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Nick's swedish ice cream 60 calories 5 net carbs tastes so much better than those other ones like Halo Top. I like the Choklat and Peanut Butter Karamell. hzo1zbkb2gzb.jpeg