2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• Myrauh
    Myrauh Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! New on this site and all I need is motivation. Been trying to lose weight by trying to eat less carbs but it has been very hard to stick with it.
  • AWOL05
    AWOL05 Posts: 1 Member
    Howdy everyone. I synced my Apple Watch with the app and now it’s adding exercise calories. Is there a way to turn that off? I don’t want to add the extra calories.

Thanks for your help!
  • klambert73074
    klambert73074 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm back again to this and must lose the weight this time. 72 lbs is my goal. Wishing everyone the luck they need and wishing myself luck...I'm looking forward finding new friends for support and inspiration
  • taramdunnick
    taramdunnick Posts: 12 Member
    Hey y’all! I’m noob’ish...looking for advice from crazy busy people on how to find motivation to workout while working 14+ hours/day.
  • DilithiumCrystal
    DilithiumCrystal Posts: 1 Member
    Newbie here. Starting with a goal of losing 35 lbs. Moving more, trying to make healthier decisions. Trying to avoid injury. Wishing all of you luck and sending out all the good vibes!
  • lynnpinfit
    lynnpinfit Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I’m a newbie...but an oldie 😀 as I used the app very successfully a while back. My name’s Lynn, I live in the UK. I have Diabetes, PCOS, going through menopause, with fibromyalgia and depression & anxiety to put the cherry on the top! ...the weight is just not moving for me for the last couple of years, so from this week i’m now forcing myself at this point to do wii step for 2 hours a day and a 30 min walk on top of that daily to see how I get on. It’s been the only way 9n the past as it’s incredibly hard to lose weight with pcos and menopause, throw in the fibro with physical pain...and you get the picture. I’ve actually been really enjoying it, and don’t have a problem pushing through the pain to get myself into better health. I am aiming for a 1 pound loss a week....but for a couple of years my body has just wanted to hang on to everything I’ve got and is not willing to shed... but I’m hoping to get somewhere this time, as the Wii step and walking has helped before, I’m eating 1500 Cals a day, and burning 700 Cals with exercise. 12000 steps daily. For some reason in my food tracker, it says “if every day was like today...I’d nearly reach my goal with a loss of 28 pounds in just 5 weeks??? I used this app many years ago and it was always very reliable, but this seems off hugely? Can anyone help? Many thanks X
  • stargirlhorse
    stargirlhorse Posts: 45 Member
    Just realized this was supposed to be my first stop. I posted here. Oopsy.

But hi!
  • gracie245
    gracie245 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I'm about one month in now. I've used MFP years ago when I was (trying) to run, but gave up after feeling terrible after every run. Turned out I had Hashimotos and very low iron and I allowed it to be the reason for giving up. This time I'm working on a simple calorie deficit plan, and working toward healthy on the BMI and healthy on the waist measurement. I've been overweight from my teens onwards. I have 10 kgs to lose in total. In approximately 4 weeks I've lost 3 kilograms. I have a different mindset this time around; I now have a second autoimmune disease and my chief emphasis is lowering my stomach weight to reduce the potential for any number of diseases. This will also make planned dermoid surgery safer at the end of the year. I've been reading Conquering Fat Logic, some of which is not of interest but has provided me with enough evidence to believe weight loss and eventually, weight management, is not unachievable.
  • Anubisken
    Anubisken Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone. I am new here. I look forward to meeting ya'll and sharing our weight lost journey.
  • Anubisken
    Anubisken Posts: 3 Member
    Sk7847 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I’m new and can use friends and motivation..dont even know where to start 😔😖🤯[/quote

what do you mean?
  • Outalsouhaila
    Outalsouhaila Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I'm new here in MFP with a goal to gain weight (11lbs) .
    I started today, wish you all good thing and good vibes .
  • mother_of_raccoons
    mother_of_raccoons Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. Name's Jane. I'm more than a little scared to be here. The thought of losing weight is overwhelming. Feels like I've got a broken compass and yet I still have to find my way when it comes to losing weight. I reckon I'll start here and see what direction it takes me.
  • deedeehar
    deedeehar Posts: 8 Member
    Hi, I’m new and whilst I’m raring to go I have a lot to loose and feel a bit overwhelmed. Any great groups or inspiring people who want to add me as a friend please do! I’d be really great full.
  • momof3rn9
    momof3rn9 Posts: 3 Member
    I sympathize with Gracie245. Doctors have been trying to find the reason for my multiple joint pain and fatigue for a few months now and I have been steadily gaining weight for last 9 months due to the fact that I hurt all the time and am tired all the time. I end up eating comfort food and not moving much. At this point I am fed up with how I feel and all my weight is in my belly section. I know the dangers that come with excess belly weight and I feel the limited range of motion and difficulty breathing. It has to end but I’m overwhelmed with the huge amount of weight I need to lose, which most likely around 50 lbs. I need friends to be accountable, I know this from being a lifetime WW member (can’t afford another bill right now so no WW this time)
  • acewill82
    acewill82 Posts: 2 Member
    I have had this app for awhile but did not use it. Now I am all in and ready to lose weight.
  • amalalane
    amalalane Posts: 1 Member
    deedeehar wrote: »
    Hi, I’m new and whilst I’m raring to go I have a lot to loose and feel a bit overwhelmed. Any great groups or inspiring people who want to add me as a friend please do! I’d be really great full.

Hi,. Take one day at a time and find ways to make it an adventure, a way to get reacquainted with yourself and your body. Be curious about things. Be a scientist. Be experimental. Ask yourself What if?
  • WNCRun
    WNCRun Posts: 153 Member
    Is DMing the same as chatting?
  • EsiKatherine
    EsiKatherine Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! I got this app a couple years ago but never used it. I’m back and I hope stick with it this time!
  • quinnwycked
    quinnwycked Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! new and working on my first 20lbs.
  • sharpsmith13
    sharpsmith13 Posts: 2 Member
    Noob here. I'm 54 years old and 11 months sober. While wrecking my body with alcohol, I managed 7 marathons. But, I've never felt truly healthy.

Sobriety has brought me to where I appreciate health, both bodily and mentally.

Friends and advice are greatly appreciated. I wish the best for everyone on their life adventure.
This discussion has been closed.