What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^such a good movie🙂
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    I do not like nuts in chocolate- only nut butter (Dairy milk fruit and nut is the exception) Fluffbutter- I like with a spoon and covered in chocolate syrup :)
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^such a good movie🙂

Agreed! I used to know whole passages by heart. Food comes into play even more in the second half: cake vs. bread and butter; and muffins.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I agree. I am not a fan of sugar candies or gummies. As a kid I loved them though. Now I’d just prefer something with peanut butter or chocolate or nuts.

Now and laters are terrible. So are airheads, skittles, and Twizzlers.

Okay... a couple exceptions. I like sour patch kids, jubilees, sour worms, peach rings and dots. totally depends on occasion.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I agree. I am not a fan of sugar candies or gummies. As a kid I loved them though. Now I’d just prefer something with peanut butter or chocolate or nuts.

Okay... a couple exceptions. I like sour patch kids, jubilees, sour worms, peach rings and dots. totally depends on occasion.

I used to LOVE these orange slice jelly candies - but now I don't care for them because I straight up ate too many one time and made myself super sick.

orange-slices.jpg
  • pancakerunner

I used to LOVE these orange slice jelly candies - but now I don't care for them because I straight up ate too many one time and made myself super sick.

orange-slices.jpg

my teeth hurt just looking at this haha
  • pancakerunner
    spu6m9yxlqhj.png

these are underrated
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    spu6m9yxlqhj.png

these are underrated

Noooo....these are better.
    2j9qi3b5zn41.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

another unpopular candy opinion: these are good
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

I can't believe you poop on gummi bears, but like those things. :p
  • pancakerunner
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

i acually like things that have that artificial banana flavor haha
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

I do too.

Also, it turns out I like many things people look down upon, like cheap candies or things that people don't consider "sophisticated" enough for the adult palate. Ketchup on hot dogs? Gimme! Velveeta? I'll happily eat a melted Velveeta sandwich. Canned tuna? Sure, why not. Chocolate? Dark chocolate is cool and all but I would never turn my nose up on plain old milk chocolate. Fast food? Chain restaurants are fine, it doesn't have to be a mom-and-pop for me to eat it. Sometimes I feel I'm the least picky person I know.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

I do too.

Also, it turns out I like many things people look down upon, like cheap candies or things that people don't consider "sophisticated" enough for the adult palate. Ketchup on hot dogs? Gimme! Velveeta? I'll happily eat a melted Velveeta sandwich. Canned tuna? Sure, why not. Chocolate? Dark chocolate is cool and all but I would never turn my nose up on plain old milk chocolate. Fast food? Chain restaurants are fine, it doesn't have to be a mom-and-pop for me to eat it. Sometimes I feel I'm the least picky person I know.

I feel like I'm you... :)
  • RelCanonical
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

I do too.

I'm a huge fan of American cheese. Melts so good on grilled cheese. Also, EZ Cheez, bacon cheddar flavor. I think that one is a bit more nostalgia speaking than the American, but I still love it.
  • pancakerunner
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

I do too.

I'm a huge fan of American cheese. Melts so good on grilled cheese. Also, EZ Cheez, bacon cheddar flavor. I think that one is a bit more nostalgia speaking than the American, but I still love it.

I'm the same... with exceptions.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    vdwv1eci2v3b.png

I do too.

I'm the same... with exceptions.

If they made a plant based Velveeta I might .. special occasion mac and cheese( still use Shiritaki)

• pancakerunner
    the idea of "everything in moderation" is really a marketing ploy.
  • RelCanonical

Oooh, this is a good one, it riled me a little. That's when you know it's unpopular.
  • pancakerunner

Oooh, this is a good one, it riled me a little. That's when you know it's unpopular.

think about it... the companies and industries that push the notion of "everything in moderation," "calories in vs. calories out," "just exercise more" are the same ones profiting off of it.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member

think about it... the companies and industries that push the notion of "everything in moderation," "calories in vs. calories out," "just exercise more" are the same ones profiting off of it.

My personal motto is ‘everything in moderation....including moderation!’