Accountability buddy

Replies

• kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    So on at a plateau here. But it’s a new plateau down a few lbs from where I started on Mfp. To be honest, I’m finding much more mental happiness only tracking sometimes. I’ve started reading a book- “the joy of eating half a cookie” that is teaching mindful eating. I lost the few lbs (I’m talking only about around 2 lbs) that brought me to this new plateau using a mindful eating approach. But now, I need to remain actively mindful and not complacent. So new goal- track several times a week to check in on calorie intake, continue reading and thinking through food choices.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    @kstpierre52020 awww cute!! Shame about the lack of sleep, hopefully that will improve quickly! Our puppy is now 14 weeks old and luckily hes never been a bother over night... But I think thats because he sleeps in with our older dog.

@EmilyShaw91 welcome :) im also macro tracking, you can do this! What are your goals?

@renaegry hi! Something exciting planned for the weekend? :)

Its our anniversary coming up, we got married on the 13th in a registry office and then had a handfasting on the 16th... So we are planning Thai food for the 13th as that was what we did after our ceremony. We were hoping going back to the restaurant would become tradition but this year itll have to be takeout. :)

Was at the lake from Friday to this morning. Ate and drank way way to much. Time to get back at it today. Eating was good but no exercise today.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    @kstpierre52020 Ive heard that mindful eating may increase peoples ability and likelihood of maintaining their weight loss. I will have to check out that book! I feel like I'm still very much in the moment where I need to strictly track to know what I need to do to lose, and re-learn what foods feel best for my body in this new way of eating. I'd love to move away from logging in future as part of creating sustainable habits and truly make this a lifestyle change.

Im also so thrilled that a few more things are opening up, but trying to remain cautious. My favorite beach and state park nearby has been closed and they just reopened it. I hope to get down there next weekend for a hike and a lounge in the sand. Social distancing shouldn't be too hard since Nor Cal beaches stay pretty chilly.
  • kstpierre52020
    Wishing everyone a goal oriented and productive day..,,,, words from another member keep echoing in my mind- what are you committed to? Go get those goals!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited June 2020
    @carriestrine @kstpierre52020 - There are so many benefits to practicing mindfulness but I just can’t get into a routine that works for me. I’ve definitely gotten better at eating that one piece of chocolate in a way that is satisfying enough but I wish I could step away from the computer/work to focus better on the moment ... instead of getting distracted so easily by random thoughts or other tasks. I guess that’s why they refer to it as a ‘practice’ so I’ll keep at it! 😀

@renaegry @carriestine - A weekend at the lake and hike along the beach both sound beautiful. I understand your feeling about trying to balance the excitement of finally getting out of the house with the caution of minimizing contact with the continued spread of the coronavirus, @carriestine. I’m eager to get back on the water to row for a weekend in early July but I’ll be using the one-person shell instead of joining the usual eight-person boat with friends. We’re all learning a new normal, I guess, but it’s not easy. I feel very fortunate to be working under the circumstances but it’s also been difficult to find the right balance. My body aches because of my bad posture at the computer (which I’m working to correct) so it is great to be able to get outside to exercise more.

@kstpierre52020 - I’m committed. Thanks for the encouragement! This week, my goal is to move more and I managed to play tennis twice and walked a bit today. My 18 year old son and I also follow a 10-minute abdominal workout everyday. It’s amazing how many reps you can get done in such a short time span! I really can’t blame my inertia on lack of time anymore but, with the world turned upside down, I’m just going to treat myself to a bit of self-compassion and move forward from here.

My son wants to work on muscle definition so he’ll have ‘six-pack abs’ as he prepares for a scaled back trip to visit a friend whose family lives by the beach. This is his revised plan for the end of July after canceling a spring break trip. I’m convinced I have six-pack abs somewhere under the extra layers! I don’t need six but I’m determined to uncover at least one or two! 😂🤣😂 Enjoy the day, everyone, and let us know how you’re doing reaching your goals.
  • renaegry
    Morning all. Cloudy dreary day here. Heading to work in a bit so won’t be getting many steps in until later today plan on cutting the grass which is an hour workout. Lol. Will try to get some abs and squats done later on.
  • kstpierre52020
    PatriceFitnessPal- you made me lol for real about your abs!! My brother and I have joked for years about having a “dough covered washboard” 🤣🤣 but seriously- I’ve thought the same thing- determined to uncover some of that!!! And- I think you are the one who said something about- what are you committed to.... it really has become a mantra for me, so thx!!!!

Just jumped back on to report a small victory- at breakfast there was an extra bit left on my plate..... I’m often compelled to finish.... it’s just one more bite- but today I didn’t. And, I didn’t have to throw it away right away either. It sat on the plate while I finished some work, then I disposed of it. I feel proud and wanted to share.
  • renaegry
    Welcome @B3sha
    Only hit 8300 steps today and that is even with cutting grass. Did lift weights though. Tomorrow is a new day. That time of the month so extremely bloated 😫
  • carriestrine
    @renaegry hah me too, worsened by insatiable desire to consume all carbs in house.
  • B3sha
    B3sha Posts: 15 Member
    @renaegry hi!

I hear you on the bloating 😣

I got out my Apple Watch again and am committing to closing all my rings every day. Today was easy to do it...been deep cleaning the house 😅 I also am committing to not eating after 8 or if I do to make sure I stay under my calorie goal.
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member
    Hello, everyone! I'd really love to join your group as you seem like encouraging people. I'm 20, 5'2, 125 lbs, and wanting to lose 15 to 20 lbs. I lost a couple lbs a month ago, but gained them back because I was discouraged at my plateau. I want to be able to feel more confident and have included working out as a part of my daily routine. Cheers to the future!
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member
    Good morning everyone! I woke up and immediately did yoga to stretch out my body. Now I'm feeling energized and ready to start a new day! What do you guys do to get yourselves out of bed during these times?
  • carriestrine
    @PatriceFitnessPal you are the best i love this, cheers all around!
  • renaegry
    @PatriceFitnessPal today got over 13,500. Did 45 min on the treadmill and plan to still do an an workout before bed.

@LeeAnneIAm wish I had your ambition in the morning. I need my few cups of coffee before I do anything. But maybe that’s cause I’m just about 43. lol.

• B3sha
    @PatriceFitnessPal thanks for the welcome!

Since I have been on this weight loss journey for awhile now I have collected all kinds of videos and weights(found the weights today when I cleaned 😂). I get bored easily with workout stuff cause I don’t enjoy it and don’t want to do it. So I decided to just cycle through all my stuff. A week of this a week of that. We’ll see if I can trick myself in staying motivated 😉
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Morning all!!
    I missed a couple of days, just through life being busy and my 4 year old actually lieing in past 7am a bit!!! :)

Its also that time of the month here so fighting the urges, sometimes winning and sometimes not!! But it's ok, as every urge to eat is a new opportunity to do it right, regardless of what happened the time before! :)

@B3sha and @LeeAnneIAm welcome!!!! Lovely to have new people arriving, no matter how long weve been at this we are in it together :)

We usually start the day with a dog walk here, but I have an early video meeting so going to miss out on those steps, I'll try adding a couple of k to my run later but I d struggle just before my period.

I agreed to do fitbit bingo with my sister this week. Ive realised, for those that havent played that it bases your board on your activity levels. So this week to complete it I need well over 100k steps, 647 active minutes and to walk over 50 miles... Its proving challenging to fit that into my usual life even with the runs and weights sessions! My sister, who isnt overly Active so had smaller targets, completed her board yesterday.

Todays goal... Do NOT give in to carb cravings, especially tonight! My snacks and meals are all prepped for the day so ready to grab.... I just need to avoid that Gnawing period hunger for toast and chocolate.... 😂🤣🍫
  • ministooks
    ministooks Posts: 1 Member
    New and looking for an accountability buddy. Post 3 kids and quarantine had me backsliding hard.
    Looking to lose 30. Feels like frickin 80!
    It’s the first time I have seriously struggled to stop snacking and eating garbage.
    Let me know if you’re looking for a buddy!
  • B3sha
    Hi @kiay131982 ! Thanks for the welcome 😊

Ugh the period munchies are the worst! I can mostly do good all month till that time then I Hoover up all the food. This time I bought a bunch of gum so when the munchies hit I’ll just chew gum. Also I recently started playing Animal Crossing so I’m too busy with that at night to go looking for food 😂

Fitbit bingo? Wonder if there is an Apple Watch bingo?