The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    @donimfp Love your idea!!!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    @Beka3695 I can relate to that. I was still drinking on and off 2 years ago when my middle son left. Its hard. Time will heal you. Great job for plowing through it sober. And you have that little guy to keep you going! He needs your time and energy.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Wow @FeelinFooFoo, What a memory! Glad you’re doing so well, too.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Hi People! I like seeing the thread so busy! It sounds like everyone is doing great. Now that I feel I have the booze monster tamped down I NEED to work on my weight loss/fitness goals again. I had been seeing a dietitian but then COVID came along and I had no more meetings and thus, motivation. I will be checking with her soon to see (now that we are reopening here a bit) if she will be seeing people in person. I NEED to get on a scale in front of her to stay motivated! Wishing you all a happy weekend!
  • RubyRed427
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Hi People! I like seeing the thread so busy! It sounds like everyone is doing great. Now that I feel I have the booze monster tamped down I NEED to work on my weight loss/fitness goals again. I had been seeing a dietitian but then COVID came along and I had no more meetings and thus, motivation. I will be checking with her soon to see (now that we are reopening here a bit) if she will be seeing people in person. I NEED to get on a scale in front of her to stay motivated! Wishing you all a happy weekend!

I am on Workout Warriors on MFP. I weigh in once a week and participate in chats. It gives me the accountability that your dietician gives you. Soon you'll be back on track!! The scary scale tells no lies. :D
  • RubyRed427
    merfhur wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I’ve just discovered this thread at the start of my second weight loss journey with MFP.

I’m back losing weight again after a tough battle with depression, anxiety and alcoholism.
    I’m just over a year sober and I’m now working on losing the weight I piled on during my drinking and in early recovery (newly sober me ate so much chocolate!).

I’m looking forward to hearing everyone else’s stories of strength in sobriety!

Welcome to our groups! I think it was good to feed your cravings with chocolate; hey we are human. We need some treats!! And it's way better than getting blasted and lying in bed with a hangover. Hope to hear from you soon! What worked for you?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo -we are pretty much open where I live but it is different... just different.
    Now, I have never been one to just sit at a bar for hours, but restaurant bars are different.

I started my AF journey at the beginning at the beginning of COVID. It was easy to not socialize by necessity. As you know, the last month I’ve been staying with my daughter to assist with her new son. I am a real homebody!!! I know it won’t be long until I’m back home and ready to see friends.

For the past week while on my walks I have been practicing convos in my head about how I will go out and NOT drink. How I will say that I’ve cut it out. How I will address new people when they offer. Will I say “No thanks. I don’t drink”. Will they ask questions as to why? If so, how will I respond to this?

I am excited to try the new skills I have developed... in my head ☺️☺️☺️