Inspo for people that lost and gained again -post here-

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Urgh. I'm here too, lost 20lbs (mostly from my stomach and podgy arms) last year. Gained it back.. oddly enough on my thighs and butt. Now not even my bigger clothes look right as i'm big in different places! Not only super odd but super aggravating :( Back to loosing again..

P.s has anyone else experienced this odd change in weight distribution?

Yes on the weight distribution change! I've been heavy most of my life and it was just kind of all over. 4 years ago I lost 100 lbs and since then have put most of it back on. My face and upper body are definitely thinner than before and my hips are way bigger!

I wonder if that's very common for re-gain? I regained about fifty pounds, having gone from 250 to 125 then back
    up to 170 and now losing again. It seems like all the weight has shifted downward. I used to be very proportionally heavy, no real area was disproportionately larger than any other area, but now it seems like almost everything is in my legs.

Here too!
    I thought it’s weird but seems like it’s a normal thing after seeing so many saying that
    My weight is all back in my mid section and I really hate it :(
  • TabulaRasaElisa
    TabulaRasaElisa Posts: 7 Member
    mita271 wrote: »
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Urgh. I'm here too, lost 20lbs (mostly from my stomach and podgy arms) last year. Gained it back.. oddly enough on my thighs and butt. Now not even my bigger clothes look right as i'm big in different places! Not only super odd but super aggravating :( Back to loosing again..

P.s has anyone else experienced this odd change in weight distribution?

Yes on the weight distribution change! I've been heavy most of my life and it was just kind of all over. 4 years ago I lost 100 lbs and since then have put most of it back on. My face and upper body are definitely thinner than before and my hips are way bigger!

I wonder if that's very common for re-gain? I regained about fifty pounds, having gone from 250 to 125 then back
    up to 170 and now losing again. It seems like all the weight has shifted downward. I used to be very proportionally heavy, no real area was disproportionately larger than any other area, but now it seems like almost everything is in my legs.

Here too!
    I thought it’s weird but seems like it’s a normal thing after seeing so many saying that
    My weight is all back in my mid section and I really hate it :(

Unfortunately it is normal. Our bodies want to hold on to the weight; it's our default to prepare for times of famine. If any of you guys are interested in the science, I would recommend the book 'Gene eating' by Giles Yeo. He's a geneticist/obesity researcher at Cambridge and I found the book really interesting and 'eye-opening'. It's not dry science but rather amusing! It's not the type of book, that will make you lose weight, I'm a scientist and know all about it, yet I regain and regain - but it did make me think about diets, the food I consume etc.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    yep that struggle is real for me. definitely gained quite a bit of weight over this year so far. ugh it sucks; it's turning into bad habits that are becoming harder and harder to break. :/
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited June 2020
  • Untilproud11
    This has been very inspiring !
    Thank you all for ur inputs
  • charmmeth
    I actually didn't fall off. I stayed with the program, and exercised harder! What changed? I am reaching menopause. ... So wish me luck!

I really sympathise! I am having to learn to eat and exercise for this new stage of life. I do wish you luck!

• Untilproud11
    Bump for inspiration 🙂
  • charmmeth
    edited June 2020
    Someone commented further up this thread about how different the shape of regained weight is. I am still 10kg above my target weight, but this morning I did my my belt up on the tightest hole, which I had punched when I was at 75kg a few years ago.