What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Spaghetti w scampi.d4hxei3ivenm.jpg

Actual true scampi ! In the States most restaurants serve shrimp, and call it scampi 😄

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    vaman wrote: »
    Spaghetti w scampi.d4hxei3ivenm.jpg

Actual true scampi ! In the States most restaurants serve shrimp, and call it scampi 😄
    Yep, and here are the little rascals before cooking (they look alive, but they are not).8hs1hqaf198y.jpg

• Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    Ohhh, so delicious new pictures - I especially liked the fish and patatoes and spaghetti with scampi. 😍🍝🐠
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    We've got a watermelon and are planning to do Turkish salad of watermelon, feta, and mint on Sunday. Made vaguely Turkish savoury pastries from Chinese springroll wrappers and the minced lamb and spinach filling for Turkish gozleme. The chinese springroll wrappers sold in the deep freeze section of asian supermarkets are a lot easier to handle than store bought phyllo. I treated them like phyllo and brushed finished pastries with melted butter before chucking in the freezer on trays. We tried out one baked in the air fryer. Filling was a little under seasoned so will make a salty garlic and yoghurt dip for them on Sunday.

16k68ihakfeg.jpeg
    sohveq9mby0g.jpeg
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Snickerdoodle cookies for my nephews
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Japanese pancakes with white cabbage inside the dough. and with coconut, soy sauce and fermented shrimp paste. I put spring onion and smoked mackerel on top and used peanut sauce and sambal as sauce. Totally delicious and so filling.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    Chlodnik to fight the heat wave with a side of spanakopita and salad then Tarte aux Fruits for desert . ..

5xc7ybeonlb5.jpg

with color like that, I'm going to have to try a version myself!
  • mjbnj0001
    Wednesday Night Entree - Greek-Style Lemon Herb Chicken

Lemon, pepper, herbs marinade - including some fresh-harvested basil from my Aerogarden hydroponics unit (made a real difference in the flavor "pop"). Sides of brown rice and carrots. Baked at 375, then finished under the broiler. Wanted to grill outside, but we're having the house painted this week.

qpjx6n3jv7x5.jpg
  • acpgee
    Vietnamese garlic noodles.
    w2c8nvsodaqd.jpeg
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Fried rice & cauliflower rice blend with shredded chicken breast, green onions, and eggs. Mixing the cauliflower rice with regular rice makes it more palatable to me and is still less calories than if I just ate straight rice. We also had some frozen Pork & Ginger Soup Dumplings from Trader Joes. Those things are delicious.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Keto chicken cordon bleu casserole ...I prepared it yesterday ...will cook it tonight for dinner :)
  • inesnsr479
    inesnsr479 Posts: 14 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    Chlodnik to fight the heat wave with a side of spanakopita and salad then Tarte aux Fruits for desert . ..

with color like that, I'm going to have to try a version myself!

you should. it is the most beautiful soup i have ever seen

• acpgee
    Lunch was leek and potato soup, brown bread, longaniza.
    hqby5wvgezrg.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    edited June 2020
    Last evening's dinner: "Italian-style" chicken burgers with grilled spaghetti squash. The burgers were prepared by our butcher and delivered with our last meat order; a bit of a treat. The squash was an experiment: I usually boil or oven-roast it, this was my first time grilling. 1st pic: using a 2-zone heat on the BBQ, the squash (lightly seasoned [S&P, crushed garlic paste, grated sage, cayenne dusting] and oiled) had a 20-minute start on a medium heat before the frozen burger patties on higher heat; here, they've just been inverted. Note flat-sit area I cut on the underside. 2nd pic: done after another 20 minutes; some good browning and caramelization. To serve, I extracted the squash from its shell as typical "squash spaghetti," and folded in some grated parm and basil to complete. The folding process distributed the charred fragments so they became crunchy tasty bits.

qdta3df7larv.jpg

qnqrrt0tendv.jpg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Last evening's dinner: "Italian-style" chicken burgers with grilled spaghetti squash. The burgers were prepared by our butcher and delivered with our last meat order; a bit of a treat. The squash was an experiment: I usually boil or oven-roast it, this was my first time grilling. 1st pic: using a 2-zone heat on the BBQ, the squash (lightly seasoned [S&P, crushed garlic paste, grated sage, cayenne dusting] and oiled) had a 20-minute start on a medium heat before the frozen burger patties on higher heat; here, they've just been inverted. Note flat-sit area I cut on the underside. 2nd pic: done after another 20 minutes; some good browning and caramelization. To serve, I extracted the squash from its shell as typical "squash spaghetti," and folded in some grated parm and basil to complete. The folding process distributed the charred fragments so they became crunchy tasty bits.

I'm going to have to try grilling the squash! I had turkey I scored after thanksgiving that was taking up the freezer space, I took it out to start the defrosting process. I'm going to have my friend smoke it for the 4th of July. Spaghetti squash on the side with bunch of other veggie side dish is my plan. Thx for the inspiration!