June 2020 Biking Cycling Bicycling Bike/ Bicycle/Unicycle/Tricycle Challenge!

Replies

• TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 815 Member
    I got in a 26.3 mile ride yesterday, bringing my month total to 197.2 miles of my 250 mile goal 🚲
  • AlanKmfp
    AlanKmfp Posts: 57 Member
    PGKY wrote: »
    Just found this thread, I started riding my bike last monday. Hoping to keep the habit 2/3 times a week. So far I did:
    - June 8: 10.17km
    - June 9: 11.06km
    - June 11: 13.53km
    - June 13: 13.90km
    - June 14: 14.16km
    For now I'm keeping a leisurely pace, might or might not try to go faster a while from now. It's almost winter and we are only allowed to do exercise outside before 8am when it's still cold and dark so for the time being my main goal is to not let the cold keep me from going out.

Well done, good stuff.
  • AlanKmfp
    I got in a 26.3 mile ride yesterday, bringing my month total to 197.2 miles of my 250 mile goal 🚲

Almost the middle of the month and already almost at your goal. Well done!
  • AlanKmfp
    Sun 7/6: 22.32 miles
    Wed 11/6: 10.51 miles
    Fri 12/6: 11.21 miles.
    Sun 14/6: 31.84 miles.

Total: 75.88 miles
    Remaining to Goal: 24.12 miles

oax92po16a9t.jpg

ea4ydy5prefw.jpg

mia85n4io7fc.jpg

ouwhe3ah4mhn.jpg

• kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    My bike is wonderful right now. I cycle through my neighborhood and the neighborhoods around it. Usually spent an hour a day on the bike. I live in Charlotte, NC and there are not a lot of bike lanes on the major roads here. I would love to bike on the greenways, but right now cases are spiking (we are nearing our peak), so I am staying closer to home. The bike makes me feel free and young again.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Had an easier cycling week with just three rides and 68 miles.

Combination of a downturn in weather with wet days, windy days when my carbon wheels get a bit too lively (my other bike with standard wheel is off the road waiting for spares), suffering a bit of saddle discomfort and a load of decorating.

178 miles so far in June.
  • myfp67
    myfp67 Posts: 27 Member
    Not really got into cycling this year. Usually I do about 6 - 7,000 miles a year. With the horrendous weather at the start of the year followed by lockdown my mileage so far is 474 miles for the year - I often do at least that in a month - sometimes in a week.
    I would get back into it but my bike is very poorly - front derailleur is seized so I am stuck in 10 out of 22 gears. Hydraulic brakes are binding a little. Trying to get parts at the moment is near impossible. TBH, the bike has now seen better days - got about 20,000 very hard miles on it - a lot of those in winter. Looking at building my own bike but, again, stuff is hard to come by. The frame I had seen is currently only available in small.

Anyhow, managed to limp the bike around fifteen hilly miles - just noticed Strava says one of the climbs is a category 4 climb. I was hoping to do a Gran Fondo today (62.1 miles) on my unwell bike but family commitments came first.

So, halfway through the month. 27 miles covered so far - I'm going to aim for 100 miles this month.
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    Got in a 27.75 mile ride today, bringing my monthly total to 224.8 out of my 250 mile goal 🚲 🤘🏼
    This one was tough with quite a bit of climbing, mix that in with yesterday’s ride, and my legs are screaming :)tmz9t6fksv9t.jpeg
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    Goal = 200 miles / Actual = 142.5 miles / Balance = 57.5

6/4 - 25.75 miles
    6/5 - 27.25 miles
    6/9 - 30.50 miles
    6/11 - 22 Miles
    6/13 - 26 Miles
    6/14 - 11 Miles (leisure ride with my family).

A few clips from the trail I ride. Was out on a leisure ride with my family so there was occasional stopping points. Grabbed a few pics while I thought of it.

fuf3ck5njqtq.jpg
    o9scisfvij30.jpg
    qglpz5p4r1s7.jpg

• AlanKmfp
    [quote=

A few clips from the trail I ride. Was out on a leisure ride with my family so there was occasional stopping points. Grabbed a few pics while I thought of it.

[/quote]

Nice, enjoy seeing the pics from rides.
  • britishbombshell08
    britishbombshell08 Posts: 95 Member
    Well I’m new to this thread but I bought a bike about two months ago. Put it together myself and I challenge myself to do an hr of bike riding a day!! I’ve been doing great so far and clocking more and more miles each time!!!
  • Xlivnfree1982
    Xlivnfree1982 Posts: 237 Member
    Not part of the tread as I don't have a bike. I have a question though. I would like to do some trail riding, moutain biking, and some down town riding to get to different trials/off the pavement rides. I used to ride a long time ago, and I loved it! Question is I would like to get someone's opition on the different types of bikes. What would you recommend for all around riding both on and off the pavement. Thanks!
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Not part of the tread as I don't have a bike. I have a question though. I would like to do some trail riding, moutain biking, and some down town riding to get to different trials/off the pavement rides. I used to ride a long time ago, and I loved it! Question is I would like to get someone's opition on the different types of bikes. What would you recommend for all around riding both on and off the pavement. Thanks!

I have a Trek Hybrid and ride almost on a gravel type of trail (see pic above). Type of tires matter a little.

Personally, your locally owned bike shop can help a great deal. That's where I went.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Goal = 200 miles / Actual = 170.5 miles / Balance = 29.5

6/4 - 25.75 miles
    6/5 - 27.25 miles
    6/9 - 30.50 miles
    6/11 - 22 Miles
    6/13 - 26 Miles
    6/14 - 11 Miles (leisure ride with my family)
    6/18 - 28 Miles
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    Buying a bike is a very subjective thing. Price, brand, looks, how it handles. Ikeeptrying2 is right, check local shops if they are open. You can test ride some bikes and hopefully find one you like. It does sound like a hybrid bike is what you would want if you are planning on doing all of those activities with the same bike. Good luck in your search. I found it fun while looking for my new wheels 🚲
    Speaking of, I took those new wheels for a 23 mile ride earlier, bringing my monthly total to 247.81 of my 250 mile monthly goal 🤘🏼🚴🏻‍♂️
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I got outside for the first time in 12 days today (I did a testing block on Zwift then some recovery). 40km spin before work avoiding kamikaze bunnies. Good to be back!
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    Got a 25.5 mile ride in today to bring me to 273.3 miles, passing my goal of 250 miles 🚴🏻‍♂️
  • AlanKmfp
    Got a 25.5 mile ride in today to bring me to 273.3 miles, passing my goal of 250 miles 🚴🏻‍♂️

Well Done :-)
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    121km of hills today including a couple of properly big hills and a few more bonus climbs. Legs absolutely shredded! I've got a couple of rest days on the plan for tomorrow and Monday thankfully!
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Hi all :)

Back on MFP after a long hiatus. I've cycled on and off for the last couple of years but mostly only to work and back, so only 6 or so miles a day.

Since lock down started been doing lot more! Longest ride to date 32 miles. Total for June 104.93 but have really been struggling with motivation to get out riding.

Not been out much this week as it has been pouring down most evenings which is when I go out. Dry yesterday so rode 17.5 miles and will be going out later today.