Yoga!

tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
I'm on day 18 in the 30 days of yoga with Adrienne series. I'm a beginner but I really love it. Not sure what to do after the 30 days. Any suggestions from yoga people on what's the best course of action after the 30 days?

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,423 Member
    I’ve been taking yoga classes at a local studio for about 1.5 years now. Now it’s closed, and I’ve been doing one of Adrienne’s 30 day programs (Home). It compares pretty well with the poses and sequences I learned at the studio. I think she has several different 30 day programs on you tube, and I plan on checking them out after I’m done with Home.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    I was going to suggest Yoga With Adriene's other 30 day programs as well, she has at least 5 "30 day journey" playlists. You can always choose yoga videos that fit how you're feeling that day instead of doing a 30 day "journey." Maybe you want to focus on your core or maybe you have back pain you want to focus on, whatever it is, I'm sure you can find it on YouTube, if not on Adriene's channel. You can also repeat programs and see/feel the difference from the first time you completed it.

I'm currently doing "Home" too and have been enjoying it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Or, you can try a different instructor. I've found a few on popsugar and I also like Tim Senesi.
  • tmbg1
    Cool thanks! I'll probably explore more of Adrienne's YouTube channel. I really like her and love what yoga is doing for me!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,645 Member
    The Down Dog yoga app is my absolute favourite (Adrienne annoyed the bejebers out of me) and the full site is currently free. You can pick and choose the type of practice you want, length, area to ‘boost’, along with music, voice and so on. Try it.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    The Down Dog yoga app is my absolute favourite (Adrienne annoyed the bejebers out of me) and the full site is currently free. You can pick and choose the type of practice you want, length, area to ‘boost’, along with music, voice and so on. Try it.
  • ContraryMaryMary
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I was doing live yoga at least once a week pre lockdown. My teacher now does live sessions on Zoom, so I do that instead now. I've increased the frequency to 3 or 4 times per week.
  • tmbg1

That sounds cool! I'll have to try it especially since it's free!!
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 205 Member
    There is so much great Yoga on YouTube. I don't know why it never occurred to me before the quarantine. I like Adriene, also.

You can just search for what you feel like doing that day, like if your back is sore or hips are tight, for example. It's a great way to find new poses/routines that work for you. My favorite is Maris Aylward--Yoga Upload.

Sometimes I get turned off by a teacher's voice or appearance. I usually watch videos before I do them to find ones that look appealing and doable for me.
  • msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 15 Member

Same on all counts 😂 I've been using the down dog app for the last month or so since it has been free, and I love it. I'm planning on paying once the trial ends. I have a friend who's devoted to Adriene, but I just can't take her perkiness.
  • louruff1
    louruff1 Posts: 2 Member
    I love Alo Yogaabd Alo Moves, in particular Briohny Smyth videos. I find her pace and explanations perfect and non annoying!
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    I like the Boho beautiful youtube channel. She has so many different types and levels to chose from. I find Adreinne annoying
  • heffalump2014
    heffalump2014 Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love my live online yoga class for seniors with Rayomand Sirvala in Bombay. He is very experienced and very normal. Takes us through exercises and postures which increase mobility, strength and resistance. It is perfect for people wanting to build muscle slowly, improve balance and flexibility and feel generally good. He is on Instagram https://instagram.com/rayomandsirvala?igshid=1j9smabhappea and on Facebook too . 😁
  • tmbg1
    So far I have done Adrienne's 30 days, now I'm on Adrienne's Home 30 days. I've also done a few from the Yoga for Weightloss series. I'm really addicted to my daily yoga now!!