Welcome New Members!

Replies

• jfoley4676
    jfoley4676 Posts: 35 Member
    TYTOYGIRL wrote: »
    I gained 20 lbs during the last 2 years, so time to do something. I am trying out the 16-8 program. Eating no breakfast, lunch between 11 and 12 and dinner before it gets dark - between 5 & 6. But still have to keep track of food and calories. I started at 190 and hope when I way on Friday I will have come down. I do find I am not really hungry.

Fasting really worked for me, still a ways to go but it works. I really like OMAD, the simplicity of it. Dunno might switch back to 18:6 after a while. I hope all goes well with your goals.
  • kjaylah
    kjaylah Posts: 17 Member
    Hi all, looking for fellow MFP contacts to add to keep me motivated and on track.

I want to lose 3 stone ideally by Christmas!

Please feel free to add me.
  • TSWoodstock
    TSWoodstock Posts: 8 Member
    Hello Everyone - I am new to this app and community. I am 54 years young and have been working out and exercising since I was 12. I was recently introduced to this app by a friend and I like being able to track my diet, exercises and steps.

In my youth I focused on body building seeking size, mass and definition. At one point I tipped the scales at 260 lbs. Then I learned from my doctor that while I had size and strength and looked in great shape my health really was not where it needed to be. My blood pressure was high and all my metabolic tests were off. I was unhealthy.

It was a wake up call to change my approach to fitness. Since then I have focused on a balanced exercise and fitness program, combining jogging, resistance training and martial arts. I workout 8 times per week over 5 days. Yes there a few “two-a-days” in there when I workout in the morning and train in martial arts in the evening. I live a very active lifestyle.

I lost all of the weight years ago and have consistently weighed 195 lbs at 13% body fat. I am in the best health of my life my blood pressure is maintained at 120/64 on average, my metabolics are in perfect ranges and my resting heart rate is 54 bpm.

Looking forward to hearing what others are doing and meeting folks with similar interest in fitness.

• SavannahSimba
    SavannahSimba Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I've been on MFP for a bit but never joined the community. I'm quite introverted and was used to CalorieCount until My Fitness Pal acquired it. I'm here to be healthy. Ever since I reached my healthy point, I must find peace with my IBS, gluten and lactose intolerance as well as incapability to digest red meat. I'm a vegan, btw. :)
  • bigauntie4062020
    bigauntie4062020 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! My name is Heather, I'm 53 and currently live in Washington state. I have been approved to start the process that leads up to bariatric surgery, and this app was recommended to help me track my food over the next six months. I have to lose a minimum of 15lbs by December in order to have the surgery. 3 days in, and so far, so good. I need to lose about 200lbs overall. I don't want to be a Victoria's Secret model or anything; I just want to have less pain and be able to take walks and ride a bicycle again!
  • TSWoodstock
    TSWoodstock Posts: 8 Member
    jfoley4676 wrote: »
    I gained 20 lbs during the last 2 years, so time to do something. I am trying out the 16-8 program. Eating no breakfast, lunch between 11 and 12 and dinner before it gets dark - between 5 & 6. But still have to keep track of food and calories. I started at 190 and hope when I way on Friday I will have come down. I do find I am not really hungry.

Fasting really worked for me, still a ways to go but it works. I really like OMAD, the simplicity of it. Dunno might switch back to 18:6 after a while. I hope all goes well with your goals.
    jfoley4676 wrote: »

I have lived on the 18:6 fasting program for the past 20 years. You definitely get used to it and it helps keep my weight right where I want it. I do have a cheat day each week on Saturday where breakfast is on the agenda. We also follow the Mediterranean diet. Eating fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins.
  • iam_nessa
    iam_nessa Posts: 17 Member
    Feel free to add me 💪🏾☺️
  • billy1727
    billy1727 Posts: 143 Member
    I will echo the last post, feel free to add me as well!
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Hello! My name is Heather, I'm 53 and currently live in Washington state. I have been approved to start the process that leads up to bariatric surgery, and this app was recommended to help me track my food over the next six months. I have to lose a minimum of 15lbs by December in order to have the surgery. 3 days in, and so far, so good. I need to lose about 200lbs overall. I don't want to be a Victoria's Secret model or anything; I just want to have less pain and be able to take walks and ride a bicycle again!

You can do this!!!! Stay focused on the goal.
  • lando_rooney
    lando_rooney Posts: 447 Member
    Hello everyone! Back after being off for a few years! Still been in the gym, just ready to be back around fitness minded community.
  • smmiller999
    smmiller999 Posts: 19 Member
    New here. Feel free to add me. 😊
  • chrisS741994
    chrisS741994 Posts: 3 Member
    New here. Feel free to add me :)
  • AgnesFerniot
    AgnesFerniot Posts: 62 Member
    Happy, relieved to be calories tracking , due to reconsciousness of my heart disease.
  • razor1549
    razor1549 Posts: 2 Member
    https://shrinkme.io/x5Bi

watch this video as it shows workout at home and that too damn easy.
  • DianaVictoria
    DianaVictoria Posts: 7 Member
    I don't like attention give or take how I dress in real life, aha. So I'll post here!
    Hiya, So yeah much like many others, I wish to tone myself up. Feel free to add or just stalk my page to help with motivation.
  • AgnesFerniot
    AgnesFerniot Posts: 62 Member
    Looks like I don’t have a master list of my posts and comments- it’ll be like water under a bridge.
  • lilyclaaark
    lilyclaaark Posts: 1 Member
    I'm not totally new - I've had an account before, but I'm pretty inconsistent when it comes to being mindful regarding food and exercise. I'm back on as I've lost 20 pounds since October (cutting out fast food mostly as well as limiting snacking), but have hit a plateau. I really need to start prioritizing exercise and eating meals that are both healthy and filling. Please feel free to add me! I find having friends on here holds me a little more accountable LOL.
  • Strydomdebbie5
    Strydomdebbie5 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Everyone, I started using this app some time ago but never stuck to it. Now I have decided to commit to it as each year the weight just creeps up a little bit further and I am fed up with it.
    I am hoping being part of the community will provide me with inspiration and keep me accountable.
  • robertbachynski
    robertbachynski Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, My name is Bob, I am 57 years old weight 214 lbs, and I am trying to lose 20 to 30 lbs
  • Daryl1991
    Daryl1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, just started, I am aimimg to lose weight and keep count of what I am eating / what exercise I am doing. I am 29, m, have a bit of weight to shed but I am determined that I can lose it.

Looking forward to getting to know a few people here and hear how their goals are going.