TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AB0215
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to July 2020!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be one of your Captains for this month.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 34, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 2-3 years or so, I decided to change that, I have been working towards that goal for the past year. I was down over 100lbs and chose to make some changes in my life that caused me to gain a bit more than I intended and I'm up about 10 lbs more than I'd like to be so I'm back on the losing path again.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 6-10 pounds, aggressive, yes but attainable.

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!
    Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Welcome to July and let's make things happen this month together!!

Ashley (@AB0215)
  • AB0215
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (assuming I can remember to do that or think of questions to ask) and Daily Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to June Challenge!!
  • AB0215
    edited June 2020
    This month I'd like to try something a little different. I'd like to play a little ice breaker game called Time Capsule.

The idea is you'd be posting 3-5 facts about the year you were born. It can be historical facts, popular songs, clothing fads, price of gas, literally anything. Then the rest of us would try to guess the year you were born.
    Feel free to use images as well!!

Side note, you can choose the location you were born if you'd rather not share the year you were born.
  • AB0215
    I was born in the year where "That's What Friends Are For," "How Will I Know" and "Burning Heart" were among the top 10 songs on the Billboard 100.
    Shoulder pads were definitely a thing!
    zew85i3mbn85.jpg
    Oh the workout outfits......
    1 gallon of gas was 89 cents!
    Phantom of the Opera Debuted!
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Hi my name is Jen (Jen_967). I’m also a captain for the team.
    I’m 52, I have spent most of my life battling my weight. I have tried almost every weight loss imaginable. In December, I started the ketogenic plan with intermittent fasting and has been the only thing that has worked.
    I’m also an avid walker and along with this group to keep me on track I will reach my goals.
    Welcome to all the new and returning members. We can do this together! 😁
  • Jen_967
    I was born in the year:
    -The Vietnam war began
    - Super Bowl 1 was played. Green Bay packers beat Kansas City chiefs 35-10
    - A movie ticket costs $1.25
    - Gallon of Milk- $1.03
    - Average price of a new car. $2,750.00
    - Top songs: I’m a Believer (The Monkees), Happy Together (The Turtles), RESPECT (Aretha Franklin)
    - And Imagine these clothes? So much different today.
    04y8l6rfnkjj.jpeg
  • josiehanel1968
    josiehanel1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Is this for the next one.
  • d00ditzlinduh
    d00ditzlinduh Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2020
    My name is Linda and this is my second month joining this challenge group. I lost almost 5lbs with the help of this groups accountability! I am an avid runner and signed up for my first half marathon in November. I want to lose a little more weight to help me with my running. I have always been into fitness, but just started focusing on my nutrition. I truly feel "losing weight" or "maintaining" is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. I started tracking my macros and water in-take since joining this group and have noticed a big difference in reaching my weight loss goals.

TIP: Cheer others on! Share your good and bad days (we all have them). The more you engage, the more you will feel held accountable :)

I was born in the year when...
    1. The Top Song was Because I Love You (The Postman Song) Stevie B
    2. Minimum Wage was $3.80 per hour
    3. The Big Movies included Home Alone, Ghost and Dances with Wolves
    4. The World Population was ~ 5,219,000,000

xgttchl3a5bp.jpg
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Hi would love to continue in this group. Helped me a lot last 2 months. Great commitment and encouragement from all of them.

I was born in India so the famous songs at the time was yaadh arahi hai , In Aankhon Ki Masti(Umrao Jaan · 1981)

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    do we send weight
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I was born in the year where "That's What Friends Are For," "How Will I Know" and "Burning Heart" were among the top 10 songs on the Billboard 100.
    Shoulder pads were definitely a thing!
    zew85i3mbn85.jpg
    Oh the workout outfits......
    1 gallon of gas was 89 cents!
    Phantom of the Opera Debuted!
    I’m going to guess 1986?
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    I was born in the year:
    -The Vietnam war began
    - Super Bowl 1 was played. Green Bay packers beat Kansas City chiefs 35-10
    - A movie ticket costs $1.25
    - Gallon of Milk- $1.03
    - Average price of a new car. $2,750.00
    - Top songs: I’m a Believer (The Monkees), Happy Together (The Turtles), RESPECT (Aretha Franklin)
    - And Imagine these clothes? So much different today.
    04y8l6rfnkjj.jpeg
    1967 😜
    My name is Linda and this is my second month joining this challenge group. I lost almost 5lbs with the help of this groups accountability! I am an avid runner and signed up for my first half marathon in November. I want to lose a little more weight to help me with my running. I have always been into fitness, but just started focusing on my nutrition. I truly feel "losing weight" or "maintaining" is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. I started tracking my macros and water in-take since joining this group and have noticed a big difference in reaching my weight loss goals.

TIP: Cheer others on! Share your good and bad days (we all have them). The more you engage, the more you will feel held accountable :)

I was born in the year when...
    1. The Top Song was Because I Love You (The Postman Song) Stevie B
    2. Minimum Wage was $3.80 per hour
    3. The Big Movies included Home Alone, Ghost and Dances with Wolves
    4. The World Population was ~ 5,219,000,000

xgttchl3a5bp.jpg

1988?
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Hi my name is vicky. I’ve glad to be apart of this group even though I feel like I haven’t really contributed much lately. Been struggling a lot but I’m still here. 😁

The year I was born the cost of a stamp was 10 cents
    Nixon was forced to resign
    George foreman and Muhammad Ali fought for the heavy weight title
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Hi im joe im 40 ive been here a few months this quarantine has slowed me down but im ready to take july on. Built a home gym. Hope that helps. The group really is there for you and helps motivate you. Good luck to all this month !
    Does anyone use any work out apps? Looking to find a couple.
  • Jen_967
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    Hi im joe im 40 ive been here a few months this quarantine has slowed me down but im ready to take july on. Built a home gym. Hope that helps. The group really is there for you and helps motivate you. Good luck to all this month !
    Does anyone use any work out apps? Looking to find a couple.

Good luck to you also. There are some good ones on YouTube. I’ve done some strength training, walking, and kickboxing. There is really anything you are looking for. 😄
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Morning everyone. My name us Mary. I decided to join this challenge for friendly motivation. The year I was born...John Kennedy won the election, Ben Hur won 11 Oscar's, the Easy Bake Oven and Twister were introduced and I share the same birth year as Sean Penn. Top song the day I was born was "Cathy's Clown" by the Everly Brothers. Eewww I sound old.🤪
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Bemybestby60
    Week 1
    PW =200 lbs
    CW=199 lbs

I hope I am posting in the right area.
  • AB0215
    Is this for the next one.

This is for July, and starts today.
  • AB0215
    Bemybestby60
    Week 1
    PW =200 lbs
    CW=199 lbs

I hope I am posting in the right area.

@Bemybestby60 You're in the right place, but your weigh in is scheduled for Wednesday, did you want Sundays?
  • AB0215
    @vicky2767 1986 is right. Turned 34 this year, not looking forward to turning 35.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited June 2020
    WMEJA
    Week 1 June 28th

Pw:223.1
    Cw:223.1
This discussion has been closed.