Breakfast ideas

qaiserabubakr4765
qaiserabubakr4765 Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys I am really new to this and feel like a headless chicken. I have been trying to work out some recipes with high calorie and low fats and sugars. Any ideas??

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't have recipes for you per se...

* plain, non-fat yogurt (think skyr or Greek if protein matters to you as well)
    * lean meat
    * less fatty fish or filets (skin removed)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    High calorie but low fat and sugar? Is there a reason you want to eat this way? That doesn't give you many options. It pretty much just leaves protein. In addition to what @MaltedTea said above, I can suggest egg whites.

Alternately, just try out a few different ideas, calculate the calories, and see what fits into your lifestyle and calorie budget. I usually have a piece of fruit or a small tub of Greek yogurt for breakfast.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Fat will satisfy you and help with cravings. I have lost 35 pounds so far on a very restricted diet due to allergies, and real butter and bacon drippings in moderation have made the difference between a meal that leaves me looking round for more versus something that makes me sit back and say, "oooohhhh....I am full and happy. No, do not want dessert. Do not want more food for hours."

My boyfriend eats low fat, low carb, high protein after his weight loss surgery, and I make him a breakfast casserole about once a week. He cuts pieces and warms them and eats them. He has found this is the best thing to keep him full all morning and get him through to lunch.

The base for a pie plate is one package of cream cheese and 5 eggs. You beat the eggs into the cream cheese, one at a time, til smooth. Then you can add herbs (always garlic and onion, often chives and tarragon, sometimes cracked black pepper, usually parsley, sometimes red pepper) and whatever vegetables and meats desired, with a cup of shredded cheese to suit. One successful one lately was lean diced ham with bell peppers roasted and diced, and a small can of green chiles, with various Mexican spices. (He likes it hot.) A popular variation I have used for brunches (double quantities for a 9 x 13 pan) is caramelized onions with cooked crisp diced pepper bacon and a cup of shredded Swiss cheese. Turkey sausage is good with chopped spinach and onion, and we even did ground lamb cooked with garlic and onion and a Greek seasoning blend, a quarter cup of tzatziki sauce in the batter, diced tomatoes, fresh chopped onions, and crumbled feta cheese! And it was delicious. Any combination you can do in an omelet works in this.

Me, I've never been able to eat a lot when I got up ever since I was pregnant. What works for me is tea and a crisp-toasted English muffin with sugar-free jam, and an early lunch at eleven. If I need to augment calories I'll have a cup of yogurt around ten am.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Stop thinking of breakfast as some sort of a meal that must only be eg. cereal. Eat whatever you like.
    And who says you must eat breafast? Not hungry, dont eat.

(Sees logic but irrationally distracted by profile pic...) 👀

And, yes...what he said lol
  • For breakfast I tend to just have protein powder mixed with water in a glass, pour onto desired cereal. But like just_Tomek said, certainly no rule over what food you should have for breakfast, it's not like your body knows! I have definitely had chicken, pizza, spinach, sausage, pie, burgers for breakfast!
  • Newold50
    Newold50 Posts: 2 Member
    Consilder buying a bullit (blender) and making smoothies.
    If you want just protein, you can use a cup of egg whites (in a carton, pasturized just like milk is) and what ever protein power you choose. A cup or so of ice, quick, easy , tasty.
    If you want to add some carbs, throw in some frozen fruit, I use blueberries but you will find a lot of options in the freezer section.
    If you want to add some fat use whole cream, tastes great.
    It is easy to track here and see what adjustments you need to make to get exactly what you want out of it.
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    If you like smoothies, this is one I have almost daily. I get my veggies in (a struggle for me), protein, healthy fats, and fibre. It doesn’t sound great but it tastes really good:
    1 small avocado that is ripe
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    2 cups fresh spinach
    1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    6 large ice cubes
    Blend until smooth. I have a ninja blender ($88 CDN on Amazon) which is awesome.
    I have added a half to a cup of frozen blueberries as well- don’t need the ice
  • rachjolly
    rachjolly Posts: 203 Member
    Froached (fried in water) egg on a bed of garlic mushrooms and spinach with a slice of white toast - calories 227 💪