Thoughts On Beachbody

Hey!
What's your opinion on Beachbody workouts
I see so many amazing progress photos online
Is it worth the investment to get the on demand.
Thanks for any input

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I personally don’t care for their workouts but know lots of people who love it. There are lots of options and they’re always adding new. You can get a 30 day free trial so nothing to risk or invest up front. Try it and see how it works for you.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I love some of their workout plans! Some of the trainers I have to mute though. I am like the above posters. I avoid the “trainers”. Have tried the shakes because I like to do a smoothie 2-3 times a week anyway and they are horrible! But for some cardio in my home their workouts fit the bill. I don’t currently have a membership because I am running and lifting but I go to a friends home and we workout together once a week or so. There are new programs all the time.
  • Dharmaforone
    Dharmaforone Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2020
    I totally dig the Beach Body workouts I used. I was pretty active until I hit my mid-thirties (cycling, martial arts) and then all of the sudden the metabolism wasn’t what it once was, and for a few years I pretty much didn’t workout- so the weight added up and my fitness level went down.
    I kept seeing the Beach Body adds on tv, and while sitting down to a big breakfast of blueberry pancakes with syrup, and all the other breakfast trappings, decided to order P90X and Insanity.
    In 90 days I lost 60 pounds and got down to my highschool body weight- actually too much weight loss. That was one round of P90X and tweaking the diet. Then I did Insanity and had to up calories because those workouts are no joke.
    However, here is the caveat: with anything you get out what you put in.
    That said, my wife used Shaun T’s Hip Hop abs and had similar results. If you follow these program for 90 days I’d expect to see noticeable result.
    As for the Shakology and “coaches,” you don’t need that. Plenty of options for supplements; however, the meal guides and booklets included are worth reading, and they help you get the most out of the program. Obviously, I haven’t done them all, but there are many that people seem to get great results from when committing to them.
    But, I get bored in the gym, so these programs worked out well for me. And no, I’m not a BB coach.
    Good luck.
  • lorrpb
    I think they are selling a myth tbh

I don’t believe that the presenters have those body shapes by doing beach body.

I think they are also into some form of weight training or have done some weight training in the past.

There’s nothing wrong with the trainers coding other forms of training now or in the past. Why are you hung up on the trainers bodies? Even if you’re right, It doesn’t negate the benefit of the workout for you in the least!
  • lorrpb
    Edit: doing not coding
  • TerriMcElrath
    TerriMcElrath Posts: 7 Member
    Hey there. While I am here for my own goals, I am a Beachbody coach, and I think there is enough variety for everyone. Yoga, dance, pilates, strength training, 30 minute to one hour workouts, programs lasting a week up to 100 days. You can add in Shakeology, or not. It is really up to you. It is like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I think they are selling a myth tbh

I don’t believe that the presenters have those body shapes by doing beach body.

I think they are also into some form of weight training or have done some weight training in the past.

There are BeachBody programs that incorporate weight training and resistance training. So it's totally possible that the presenters achieved their goals with programs similar to those they're presenting and that those results are attainable to those who are willing to combine the programs with an appropriate focus on their calorie intake.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    I have Beachbody On Demand and enjoy it. I like having a variety of workouts to choose from and the ability to pick a program to follow or not. I prefer weights and strength workouts so typically stick to those but have done some cardio and some of the dance workouts like Cize and Country Heat. At around $8/month when you buy it for a year, it was worth it to me. I pay that for Netflix!

The shakes I’ve had from them are good but not worth the price for me. I like Orgain vegan powder (dairy allergy here) if you’re looking for a protein powder.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Ignore the before/after photos, but give it a whirl if you think that's the sort of exercise that suits you. I use Les Mills On Demand which is similar. When it comes to exercise, the best exercise is the exercise you will enjoy and do regularly. I know a lot of people who use Beachbody on D mand and really enjoy it. You can workout on your own time and in your own space, which is great during COVID times.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    I love the workouts! Especially Shawn T. I got great results with T25 when I first started, and moved onto Max 30. You do need to watch your diet to see results, of course. I don't get any of the "extras", I think they are overrated, but the workouts are amazing.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    My opinion is that Beachbody does have some good workouts and programs, but there are so many on YouTube that are free! I don't feel the need to pay for an on demand service. Sydney Cummings puts out a new workout every day. Millionaire Hoy just started a free 30 day program. Quest Club does Les Mills workouts. Les Mills instructors are also uploading their own personal videos to YouTube since lockdown. Shaun T videos himself doing Max 30 and uploads it. There are some other Beachbody coaches that put up their own videos doing the workouts as well. All for free on YouTube.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I like BeachBody programs.
    I like the calendars and motivational messages.
    I don’t use shakeology or buy anything else from them.
    BOD is also inexpensive at about $120 for the year.

They also have free sample workouts. So, if you are not sure, you can tru some of those and see if you like the format.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Becks_Ann wrote: »
    Hey!
    What's your opinion on Beachbody workouts
    I see so many amazing progress photos online
    Is it worth the investment to get the on demand.
    Thanks for any input

Yes. Best $99 i ever spent (year membership)
  • Stacy9298
    Stacy9298 Posts: 4 Member
    I gained 37 lbs from Sept-May 1rst and have lost 24 (yay) but am getting bored of just walking and occasionally doing abs/weights. So, I downloaded BOD this morning and am so excited to start using it. :). Going to do my first workout in a few.

I would love some BOD friends if anyone here is interested!
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    If it inspires someone to get up and exercise, then it works. Nothing wrong with that.

I did a couple of their programs a handful of years ago (before on-demand existed) and it inspired me to seek out additional lifting routines outside of their domain.
  • tholden4
    tholden4 Posts: 71 Member
    I love BBD. I’m 54 years old and three years ago started out with Insanity. I dieted and worked out with Shaun T and lost 36 pounds. I still use BBD and love the variety. Get the 30 day free trial and check it out as you have nothing to loss but everything to gain 💪
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    I have the 21 day fix dvd set..I really like it. I don't use the containers and have never tried shakeology.