30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    @Altagracia220 Thank you! I find that having to write out how my day went helps to keep me on track during the day. By being accountable in a public forum keeps me out of the Doritos bag :D:D
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale I suspect that might be the case as well, so at least one lunch a week I try to mix it up a bit :)
  • MommaGemz
    Day 9

TGIF!

This was such a long week that I gave the kids the afternoon off from school and we called it a half day. My husband was home early so he watched the kids while I took a much needed nap. Being woken up every night this week due to kids' nightmares was wearing on me. I am such a light sleeper that nearly everything wakes me up.

Also, not grazing every time I make my kids' meals has been the biggest struggle for me, but it's also clearly where I pack on the extra calories (and pounds), so it's a habit I need to break for sure. I'm also trying not to eat after dinner and keep any snacks during the afternoon. It's a work in progress :p

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • MommaGemz
    This streak looks good!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    MommaGemz wrote: »
    This streak looks good!

It sure does - well done for keeping it up! :)
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale - Thank you! It hasn't been easy, but I'm glad I stuck with it!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 10

I got to sleep in a bit, but it usually just makes me feel behind in what I need to get done for the day. Ahhh, the life of a Mom ;) Today was fairly easy getting in my steps, water and tracking meals. I did squeeze in a little room for afternoon ice cream. I meant to stop eating at dinner, but my husband ate an orange and it smelled SO good that I had to have one too.

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • thelastnightingale
    @MommaGemz I don't know which brands you can buy where you are, but I love Halo Top. I can't believe a whole tub is 320 calories whereas an equivalent tub of Ben and Jerry's is 1,160 calories! I love swaps like that - ones which wipe out all the calories and don't really compromise on taste.

Getting close to the two-week mark now... :)
  • MommaGemz
    Day 11

Today is Father's Day, so we're going to get some take-out for lunch for our Father's Day celebration. We're keeping it lighter this year. No big waffle breakfast, cake and huge meal. Since I had a big lunch I tried to keep it super light for dinner. I am a little worried about the amount of sodium in lunch and I'll probably retain some water for a day or two :#

Initial Daily Goals:

Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale I don't really like Halo Top. Any products with Erythritol upset my stomach. I know it's sacrilege here on MFP to admit that, but I would just rather eat a small portion of real ice cream that a whole tub of something I'm not crazy about. I know it's totally personal preference, but those alcohol sugars do not agree with me :'(

Two weeks is soooo close!
  • thelastnightingale
    @MommaGemz Hey, it's all about finding whatever works for you. :) I manage to fit a little bit of chocolate into my diary every day... as they say, a little of what you fancy does you good! If that's real ice cream, so be it. It's all good! :)

Well done for thinking ahead about the sodium and preparing yourself not to freak out. As you say, the water weight will disappear in a few days, and if you keep going, it won't affect anything in the long run.

Hope you all had a great lunch. :)
  • Sheri120994
    Sheri120994 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me, I’m currently down 37lbs but aiming to lose another 25-30lbs, would be great to have someone for accountability and support
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale Thank you! I hope your chocolate was heavenly! <3
  • MommaGemz
    @Sheri120994 Wow, 37 lbs down is amazing - great job! I sent you a Friend request. I can help cheer you on :) I am at about 25 lbs left to go and all the weight loss pals I can chat with the better.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 12

It's a super dark and stormy day today which really makes me crave warm comfort foods, but I know I need to stick to what I have planned. I think the storm also brought on a raging headache. I managed to get my steps in, but I didn't make my water goal. I just lost track during the day and I wasn't going to drink a ton of water right before bed or I'd be up all night :s

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water - Nope
  • thelastnightingale
    @MommaGemz Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck with hitting your water goal then. :)

Personally, if I'm dehydrated, those are the absolute worst headaches - I can be guilty of only realising I haven't drunk enough when one of those thirsty headaches hits.

I know what you mean about storm days. There's something very primal about wanting to find shelter indoors, wrap up in layers of duvets and blankets and then eat comfort food whilst listening to the noise being made by the cold world outside. On days like that, I offer myself the compromise of no overeating, but enjoying the snuggly, warm feelings - I'll work from home whilst wrapped up in comfy blankets, like a total child. ;)
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    I am right there with ya! Need to lose 30 pounds!
  • MommaGemz
    @Ann262 Nice to meet you! We can do this - those 30 pounds are going down! B)
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale It was a fantastic stormy day until it got so strong that the kids started getting scared. Then it was a snuggle-fest until it died down :)

Whenever strong storm systems come in, the change in barometric pressure tends to give me headaches. Luckily they don't last very long :#
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    @MommaGemz : I enjoy and appreciate your posts! I can relate to so much. Hubby and I are seniors, so no kiddies in the house, but lots of challenges that come with age. Five days ago, we went back to healthy eating with lots of meal planning. So far, so good. It’s a daily struggle! Keep up the good work!