Low Calorie snack Ideas?

MyFitnessPaths
MyFitnessPaths Posts: 4 Member
I'm just starting out and finding it tough to go between meals without a low calorie snack, preferably high protein, but so far I'm finding myself eating fruits.

Replies

• dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Boiled egg
    Cheese
    Carrots, bell pepper, celery
    Apple
    Tea, tea and again tea 😉
  • mikesmitka64
    mikesmitka64 Posts: 1 Member
    Apple + P B. Light on the pb
  • hexxennacht
    hexxennacht Posts: 22 Member
    Things I tend to eat!

A pack of bumble bee tuna (sometimes flavored) with 2 tbs Fage 0% Greek yogurt. Like tuna salad but very low calorie and high protein.

Turkey sausage sticks. I forgot the brand, but you get two for 80 cals.

Chobani flips. Around 180 calories for an extremely satisfying, high protein snack.

Little Quaker oatmeal bowls. Very low calorie and I like the apple cinnamon flavor.

Cucumbers/carrots with hummus or Bolthouse Greek yogurt ranch

Fruit! Of any kind. Watch the calories, some fruit is really high but usually it’s safe.

Rice cake spread with a bit of peanut butter. Do measure your peanut butter, it’s very high in calories and it’s easy to overdo it.

Popcorn! Skinny pop is great. Very high volume food for very low calories.

Mini pickles c:

Deviled eggs made with 0% Greek yogurt instead of mayo

Sliced cucumbers and radishes soaked for a bit in rice vinegar. LOVE these.

Reminder to weigh your food for accurate calorie counts. Don’t eyeball it. And ofc drink tons of water. Congrats on starting out!
  • terryjameswalker
    terryjameswalker Posts: 3 Member
    Yoghurt filled with chia and linseeds. You can get super-high protein yoghurts too that contain >20% protein.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2020
    Make sure you are choosing foods you enjoy!
    If I’m feeling a little low on protein,
    I’ll try to sneak in:
    -smart dog
    - chicken tenderloin ( I usually batch cook some once a week, so for about 4/7 days it’s cooked in the fridge)
    - eggs 😍
    - Cottage cheese (i really like Large curd, but can’t stand the small curd/lf versions)
    - Plain Greek yogurt... if I’m feeling fancy or want to boost the protein/ nutrients, I’ll add hemp seeds, chia, flaxseeds, nuts, pepitas, pb2, etc.
    - Edamame
    - popcorn with nutritional yeast (and hot sauce! 😋)
    - vegs with hummus (if you have a food processor or wide based blender, it’s super easy to make your own once a week or as often as you want)

If you already gravitate toward fruit, perhaps throw some I a Greek yogurt parfait or pair with some nut butters.
  • themuskiemoose
    themuskiemoose Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2020
    Fruit and a bit of reduced fat cheese. Usually grapes, apples or pear. Also apples and plain yogurt
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    For me, I do better just having another meat and veggie meal when I am hungry
  • Fizzysgirl
    Fizzysgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Here are my go to's:
    Mixed nuts
    String cheese
    Protein shake
    Boiled eggs
    Cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    A microwaved poppadom (sold for deep frying at home) dipped into no fat yoghurt with a little mango chutney stirred in. Microwave uncooked poppadoms for 1 minute on high.
    3l5moqs1gofc.jpeg

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Make sure you are choosing foods you enjoy!
    If I’m feeling a little low on protein,
    I’ll try to sneak in:
    -smart dog
    - chicken tenderloin ( I usually batch cook some once a week, so for about 4/7 days it’s cooked in the fridge)
    - eggs 😍
    - Cottage cheese (i really like Large curd, but can’t stand the small curd/lf versions)
    - Plain Greek yogurt... if I’m feeling fancy or want to boost the protein/ nutrients, I’ll add hemp seeds, chia, flaxseeds, nuts, pepitas, pb2, etc.
    - Edamame
    - popcorn with nutritional yeast (and hot sauce! 😋)
    - vegs with hummus (if you have a food processor or wide based blender, it’s super easy to make your own once a week or as often as you want)

If you already gravitate toward fruit, perhaps throw some I a Greek yogurt parfait or pair with some nut butters.

What is Smart Dog?
  • brianadiver
    brianadiver Posts: 3 Member
    Skinny pop; Celery, carrots, cucumber with hummus; Strawberries with a tablespoon of dark chocolate hummus; low sodium deli turkey rolled up; low fat string cheese; raspberries and/or blueberries with 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (sweetened with stevia); celery with tbsp peanut butter
  • mellowkate
    mellowkate Posts: 32 Member
    Baby carrots! About 10 of them is 35 calories or so. Or when I'm jonesing for salty, a low-fat string cheese (store brand) and the suggested serving of some turkey pepperoni (about 17 slices) for a total of 150 calories.
  • gracie245
    gracie245 Posts: 21 Member
    I like vita-weets with a thin slice of cheese and vegemite.
    A boiled egg
    Cheese and a few crackers.
    Corn thins and a slice of turkey and lettuce.
    Small potato baked in foil no oil, and light yoghurt. Sweet potato might be alright too.