What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Feeling better today so went to the gym and did some steady running (only 2k) some bike for warmup then did pull/press ups, lat pull downs, and some other arm/back/lat weight stuff. Then yoga to cool down. It was fun. Spent two hours there and didn’t even realise. Good to be back.
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    In the morning I did Yoga with Adriene... she is amazing. Then I did a trampoline workout. After getting some work done at my computer, I took a long walk. Closed all three rings on my Apple Watch.
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    It was good. I did Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Workout 8 and her Killer Abs Workout 3. I was sweating buckets with the last one. I’ve been vlogging my Body Revolution workouts this time on Youtube under FitbyFortyFour to keep myself accountable.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Managed to do a fairly hard interval workout with 10 two minute hard reps -- first half on the LateralX and the other half on the Assault Bike. Then did pushups (around 40/10/then 15 or so from my knees because I couldn't do any more from my feet) and pressups till failure for two more two minute intervals as hard as I could go.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mike - are the fires improving?

I hangboarded yesterday. It was really hot during the day, which I tend not to cope too well with. I was quite sedentary until about 9 p.m. Then I went for a walk - it was nice and cool by then. I hangboarded when I got back, at about 10.30.

It wasn't a great session. I struggled with pretty much everything. On my smallest hold (12mm) I only managed about 4 second - my best is over 10

These things happen - strength gain is a non- linear process. Today is a new day, and I should have time for a climb.

Horton Park just after sunset:
    wsckw2er12se.jpg
  • MikePfirrman
    @drmwc - Matt, your climbing wall is fantastic. Looks like you've been getting a ton of use out of it!

As for the wildfires, I wish it would rain. They are more smoldering in our area down the mountain now. The mountain ridge closest to us is around 7,000 ft. It is slowly burning down the mountain, inching closer to the community next to us -- Saddlebrooke, which is a lovely 55 and over community that we frequent. There are now 1000 firefighters from all over the US engaging the fire now, but most of what they can do without rain is just keep it from structures and direct it. The Santa Catalina mountain range is fairly large. It has burned up nearly 50% of it in the last month. Decimated 200/300 year old alpine forests and killed 100 year old Saguaros.

The topography here is fascinating. It's the Sonoran Desert low (called the lushest desert in the world) and then it's like Colorado on top of the mountain -- alpine trees and much cooler. We are all kind of depressed because that Colorado like mountain will be changed for our lifetimes. Very sad. It's still beautiful and nature tends to recover, but it's just another warning sign we're slowly killing our planet. Rain usually starts here in the next two to three weeks. We have a slight chance of rain early next week, so fingers crossed. The fires rage up top but slow as it descends into the desert. The good news is no structures have been burned and no lives have been lost, though 4 or so firefighters have had heat issues -- 110 F is the high today.

I do recruiting with startups, many cleantech/sustainable related. There are at least five companies that are using drones, machine learning, geology and robotics to replant forests rapidly. I'm not a huge fan of drones, but this is one great thing they are being used for, so I'm optimistic we can reverse things.

Today, just did 30 minutes on the LateralX and 30 on the AD Pro -- pretty light stuff after yesterday's hard intervals. I've just resigned myself to not rowing until the smoke clears out and that could be weeks from now.
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Morning bike ride into the country.73ke7q6k4z25.jpg
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Rest day. Yesterday I only did massaging/yoga/stretching for an hour.
    The day before I did a proper bodyweight routine for the first time again, and executed ab wheels rather poorly - with the result that my muscles just below/around the tip of the sternum hurt badly. Sneezing is still very unpleasant. Trying a pull up is not a good idea. Maybe I'll be able to work out again tomorrow. A rest day is nice.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    My 40 or so minute bodyweight strength routine (doing Reddit RR) at lunch. Then just now I spent about 75 minutes stretching, massaging and working on my front splits. I briefly managed to touch a very lovely bottle of gin with a diameter of 8cm :D (trying to find things to sit on)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited June 2020
    Did a harder 5 X 5 session today (five minutes cardio hard with 3 minute active recoveries X 5). First 3 on the LateralX (set at highest resistance of 10 with lateral distance at 6 out of 10 -- any more my knees hurt a bit). Then did the last two on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). Finished up with a one minute set up pushups till failure - 35/10/then 3 from my knees and just couldn't do another, overhead presses till failure (35 lbs, only got like 35 of them in a minute) and light squats (40 lbs) -- around 40 or so for one minute. Around 850 calories in a little under an hour.

The bike reps were around 250 to 260 Watts, which is decent.

Oh, and I took a rare off day yesterday. Finally put the headaches together were strongly correlating to the time I spent outside. Must be the combination of smoke or the fire retardent burning off that was causing my headaches. Wife and I went to an outdoor concert on Wed night and I had a bad headache again yesterday. They are supposed to be done backburning near my neighborhood today and claiming it will get much less smoky by the weekend. I hope so, been super bad recently. I'd like to get back on the deck and row next week.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    A 16km bike ride this morning which included going up and over the scenic Jacques Cartier Bridge. *snip*

4ethntg37v6k.jpg

^^ That was May 24, apparently.

I decided to try this loop again for the second time. I rode fasted both times but today I shaved 2.5 min/h off my time.

No wonder I was confused about getting back home so quickly: less than an hour and that was with getting lost (umm, yes...again) and stopping for selfies.

Pretty sure I can chop this down to a 45-min out and back if I don't get lost, pedal hard the entire time and refrain from singing along with my playlist.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    A 16km bike ride this morning which included going up and over the scenic Jacques Cartier Bridge. *snip*

4ethntg37v6k.jpg

^^ That was May 24, apparently.

I decided to try this loop again for the second time. I rode fasted both times but today I shaved 2.5 min/h off my time.

No wonder I was confused about getting back home so quickly: less than an hour and that was with getting lost (umm, yes...again) and stopping for selfies.

Pretty sure I can chop this down to a 45-min out and back if I don't get lost, pedal hard the entire time and refrain from singing along with my playlist.

That is awesome @MaltedTea - and thank you for sharing the pic.

Finally felt like doing something today. The past couple of days have been bike rides that were less than 10 miles, but today I tackled a 25 mile hilly ride and it felt awesome. Not sure if I'm going to ride again tomorrow or do my elliptigo for a few miles.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    went for a relatively short hike in the hills (short because my mom joined and she's had hip replacement and back problems). was still a nice walk tho
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Moving apartments!
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    Moving apartments!

Grats on the new place!
  • MikePfirrman
    Nice relaxing 30 minutes on the rower this AM and then 30 on the Assault Bike. Was nearly 80 degrees at 7 AM when I rowed outside but no smoke in the air for the first time in nearly a month (nothing left to burn at this point, the entire mountain range burned).
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I had a couple of days off last week. I was pretty active, but failed to log here.

The highlight was Friday. I met my parents for the first time since Christmas. It was really good. My little brother came around mine afterwards for a climb. It turned into a pretty full day - a decent walk; 8 hours driving (traffic was from Hades); and 2 hours's clmbing.

Here is me getting bored on the walk:
    w7pejdvva678.jpg
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited June 2020
    lol @drmwc you're super fun when you're bored!

It has been threatening to thunderstorm for 4-5 days in my area but all we've ended up getting was spit on slightly by two or three clouds. 💦

Just in case, I've done a 20 min upper body workout and a run along the waterfront with a couple of fartleks. Last fartlek was of a sprint-like variety up several flights of stairs.

If it's not thundering after work, I'll get a light ride in.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited June 2020
    @MaltedTea - we'll take that rain from you if we could!

Another 30 on the Concept2 this morning and 30 on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). Managed to keep the HR under 70% of max (around 134) nearly the entire time, mostly around 131 or so. Really concentrating on this right now.

Was tired today. Made the mistake of getting out the Power Washer yesterday. Thought I'd just spray off the bird dung off the wall and fence near my bird feeder. Once my wife saw the power washer out, it ended up the entire fence, pool deck, then pool rocks, tiles and around 3 hours of dragging the power washer around and hand scrubbing pool tiles with pulmice stones (and this was after my normal hour workout). So today I felt pretty wiped out. One of those days I was proud just to get it in at 5 AM.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a tough rowing day. We'll see. I have some blisters on the hands that are aggravating right now. Just a few weeks off the rower and your hands have to readjust again and callus back up (I don't wear gloves, they just get nasty with all the sweat).