Beachbody support Group!

Replies

• Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Decided to do an insanity/beast body hybrid
    Today was day one with insanity cardio power and resistance
    I love Shaun T “Dig deep” since I need to get rid of my mental block that is keep me from goals.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Well, I've moved twice in the past month, but I *THINK* I'm finally settled into a place for a while now. I want to start up with PiYo and CLX again. My only concern is that I have NO A/C! :anguished:
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    I love Beachbody Beach on demand app!!! They so many different programs!! Loving it! 🥰 Great thread! I will be posting my workouts daily! I took before pictures starting the two programs below.

I am currently doing two:
    LIIFT4 (Day 2)
    T25 (Day 2)

FYI - If you need any extra accountability on fitness and weight loss you should check out our group on MFP!

"WE ARE THE WARRIORS" WEIGHT LOSS GROUP has open our July registration. If you are interested in joining a team that is undeniably a great team than we are the answer to that. So without further fanfare here ya go REGISTRATIONS SUNDAY, JULY 21, 2020 through SATURDAY JULY 27, 2020 WHO WE ARE: Our group was founded by @Navydaddjtc @Fitness327wk AND @shbarbor IN JANUARY 2O2O. We added a fitness motivator this past month who also is a Tri Athlete @Djproulx and he will share his experiences and advice on fitness and exercise. We have now grown to 39 active members. Our vision is to help members lose weight, increase fitness, and gain confidence.

WHAT WE DO: The group is one team We conduct themed challenges throughout the month to help grow, inspire, and maintain motivation. We weigh in and report weekly to gauge our success.

HOW TO JOIN: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801097/we-are-the-warriors-weight-loss-and-support-group-july-registration#latest

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE. Sally
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    Well, I've moved twice in the past month, but I *THINK* I'm finally settled into a place for a while now. I want to start up with PiYo and CLX again. My only concern is that I have NO A/C! :anguished:

That will be warm for sure! I'm not sure where you're located but when our AC was down (a little over a week) I made sure I had lots of fans running and tried to do my workouts in the early AM and as late as possible in the PM (I do 2 a day).

Good luck to you on your fitness journey!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    PGKY wrote: »
    Hey @rosebud69155 I noticed you do LIIFT4, I'm thinking of maybe trying that one next and wait until I can install a pull up bar to do P90X3, would you recommend the program? Does it really only require a few dumbbells? Would I be able to follow it with very limited space? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

I am doing LIIFT4 and loving it! You only need dumbbells. 👍
  • rosebud69155
    Hey @rosebud69155 I noticed you do LIIFT4, I'm thinking of maybe trying that one next and wait until I can install a pull up bar to do P90X3, would you recommend the program? Does it really only require a few dumbbells? Would I be able to follow it with very limited space? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

Yup! Only dumbbells! Here is my last weight tracker sheet:
    sf8gl9a5fuu6.png

As you can see, I used a large range of weights throughout. Not sure how many weights you have but I've heard that you can still be successful with the program even if you don't have a wide range.

I would highly recommend doing it! I plan on doing another round with 10 rounds just as soon as I finish this one. :smiley:
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    I finished the Jillian Michaels Shred ✅! I started on May 4th and completed on June 19th. During that time period I lost 6.9 pounds (6/4: 134.4lbs - 7/19: 127.5lbs).

I am a newer user to Beachbody on demand app and have tried different workouts, awesome APP! 💕 I am dedicated to the two following programs: T25 and LIIFT4 - 👍!

🏋️‍♀️ 💪 🏋️‍♀️ Below is my workout schedule 🏋️‍♀️ 💪 🏋️‍♀️

9e3nal13ofpi.png
  • rosebud69155
    4 Weeks of The Prep: Cardio & Core
  • richiechowns
    richiechowns Posts: 155 Member
    Thank you! Thanks to both of you! I think I'm going with this one, looks like fun. I only have smallish dumbbells for now, but my brother may have more, I need to ask him. If not I'll start small and slowly buy some.

Adjustables?

Could you buy rings in the UK and ship to you? I had a thought, you could get some anchor bolts and screw them through your ceiling into the joists, then attach the ring straps to them? Instant pull ups, rows etc.
  • richiechowns
    richiechowns Posts: 155 Member
    Thank you! Thanks to both of you! I think I'm going with this one, looks like fun. I only have smallish dumbbells for now, but my brother may have more, I need to ask him. If not I'll start small and slowly buy some.

Adjustables?

Could you buy rings in the UK and ship to you? I had a thought, you could get some anchor bolts and screw them through your ceiling into the joists, then attach the ring straps to them? Instant pull ups, rows etc.

Anything to do with international shipping is difficult in this crazy crazy country, as is taxes, we tax 30% on buying foreign currency, 50% tax on whatever you bought and even on the shipping cost itself, we pay all this upfront, and also add a fixed administrative fee for the mail office (this is on top of the original shipping payed), and the craziest part? They randomly tell you to pick stuff up on customs which can take all day, and where they may decide your package violates some obscure regulation and withheld it. This rules seem to change every year and retroactively affect everything that's on the way. I actually do buy a lot from abroad, whenever less hostile conditions develop but they tend not to last. Sorry for the rant, our messed up mail system is a bit of a trigger for me. 😅

Oh and rings are actually something I could buy here, not sure how the anchor bolts thing would go though. This is an old apartment (from the 50s I think), I'm pretty sure we don't have joists, don't really know what my ceiling is made of to be honest. I just thought I'd eventually get around to throwing away lots of stuff and some furniture to make room and then get a bar screwed to my bedroom wall. And for dumbbells, yes, I'm thinking adjustable, really need to work it out with my brother, we live together and he'd probably want to use them too, so maybe we can agree to split the cost.

You could screw them in above a doorway maybe? Just something to anchor the straps to? They would be more versatile than a bar and can be taken to the park when lock down eases as well. You can do pull ups, chin ups, rows, push ups, tucks and L sits, roll outs, static holds etc. Even muscle ups and ring handstands!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 2: Legs"=Done!
  • rosebud69155
    Liift4 Week 6 Back and Biceps 50/50
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    TUE
    6/23
    HIKE 🥾
    T25 - Total Body Circuit
    LIIFT4 - Back and Biceps

Today’s workout!!! T25 and LIIFT4!
  • Judikim118
    Day 2 with insanity plyo cardio
  • Judikim118
    Day 3 with body beast chest and tri
    Note to self:Down 3 lbs
    Have a great one!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
    yesterday afternoon I banged out "T25 GAMMA Rip't Up"!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    I am loving T25 program! Abs day!

My workout for the day!
    WED
    6/24
    HIKE 🥾
    T25 - AB Intervals
    LIIFT4 - Legs/HIIT
  • rosebud69155
    Barre Blend Full Body Blend 6 ✅
  • rosebud69155
    Liift4 W6D3 Shoulders Intervals ✅
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!