60 yrs and up

Replies

• trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Hang in there Bob!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hope you all had an awesome weekend.

Somehow a water balloon battle broke out at the 9th birthday party. Everyone was soaked when we were done. Gotta' act like a kid sometimes. πŸŽˆπŸ’¦πŸ˜

Father's Day dinner was very tasty and carbolicious. The scale thought it was great, too. Glad that I know that 4 pound spike is temporary.
  • rosegreen12
    rosegreen12 Posts: 35 Member
    I finally get to get my hair cut. Yay!!!!! Salons are open! My hair's been driving me bats, but now it'll be ok for another couple of months. And this coming Sunday I get to go to church again! I don't know if we'll be able to receive Communion and I know we won't be able to sing, but it will be wonderful anyway. Yay!!!!
  • BobWillers
    BobWillers Posts: 33 Member
    I have plenty of hats so I cut my own hair :)
    Question: My health adviser says I should restrict my calories to 1100 a day, if I do, MFP tells me I'm not eating enough. Who do I believe?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)
    Question: My health adviser says I should restrict my calories to 1100 a day, if I do, MFP tells me I'm not eating enough. Who do I believe?

:) MFP is an all purpose site that has numbers that work for most people. Don't click the button at the end of your food diary. Just use the diary to keep track of what you eat and how you exercise. Make use of the professional advice and see how it works for you. The most important thing is that the 1100 calories you consume are filled with nutrition so your body gets the fuel it needs to do what you do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member

Correction: Since (according to your MFP profile) you're male, MFP really wants you to eat 1500 calories, minimum - that's the lowest MFP guided setup will give anyone. (It will give women 1200 as a minimum). For either, it will maybe still let you close your diary if somewhat lower, but those are the numbers MFP recommends to get minimum nutrition.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I'm pretty excited. I hit my original goal weight today. I started July 1, 2020 with a 18 month plan to lose 70lbs and hit it today, 3 months early. I expect it will waiver for the next week or so before it dips under & stays, but today is the day I hit it!
    I have revised my goal, but it will be at a much slower pace to mentally & physically prepare me for lifetime maintenance, and besides, I leave for Myrtle Beach Thursday...without my scales. Let's see how accurate I am on the logging.

Congratulations, Teresa! That is an awesome achievement. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Enjoy your vacation on the beach! πŸŒžβ›±
  • trekkie123
    Congratulations Teresa!!’nπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜€πŸ˜€have an awesome vacation!!!
  • trekkie123
    My hair appointment isn’t until July 2. I cannot wait!!!
  • rosegreen12
    My hair appointment isn’t until July 2. I cannot wait!!!

It was a new (for me) salon and the cut wasn't at all what I wanted, but the lady who cut my hair was so impressed with my weight loss that I gave her a larger tip than I had been planning. She was good for my further weightloss/maintenance anyway. My hair is cooler for the heat and will grow.

• rosegreen12
    I'm pretty excited. I hit my original goal weight today. I started July 1, 2020 with a 18 month plan to lose 70lbs and hit it today, 3 months early. I expect it will waiver for the next week or so before it dips under & stays, but today is the day I hit it!
    I have revised my goal, but it will be at a much slower pace to mentally & physically prepare me for lifetime maintenance, and besides, I leave for Myrtle Beach Thursday...without my scales. Let's see how accurate I am on the logging.

That's fantastic!

• karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member

Congrats! Awesome achievement. Happy for you!

• A_DIVA_WANT_2_B
    A_DIVA_WANT_2_B Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am 63 and need to lose 30 lbs, friends & motivation. Not good on computer so I need help using the site. I am trying to walk with my dog when I can. I no longer feel safe going to gym. Open to all suggestions.
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    Hi Everyone.
    I'm here to lose 15 pounds I've gained in the last 5 months. I'm beginning to emerge into the overweight bmi group and I feel it. All the fat has gone on my middle and upper arms.

A week of logging calories has already made a difference to how I feel about myself, as just getting on with doing it feels good.

Btw I'm 70.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks guys, appreciate your words of encouragement!
    New Mini Goal, 10lbs/BMI 19.5 by EOY.

I use the "one item at a time" laundry tip too, although when hubby scratches his head, I just tap my fitbit watch and he's like, "oh....yeah...".
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Hello I am 70 living in a state with rising corona virus rates so a little scared on that. Need to lose over a hundred pounds. Could really use some conversation. Thank you
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hello I am 70 living in a state with rising corona virus rates so a little scared on that. Need to lose over a hundred pounds. Could really use some conversation. Thank you

:) Welcome. I am 74 and my husband is 74 with several high risk health conditions. He stays home except to drive to the bank or pharmacy drive through. We have many things to do at home to keep us occupied. We have just accepted that staying home is what we do. We live in a neighborhood with roads that make walking easy. It's easy to keep a good distance from others. I have limited my shopping to one grocery store. I did a huge shopping at Costco a month ago, hoping that I could buy enough so i wouldn't have to go back again but then I found out that I could buy only one case of canned dog food. Fortunately, I have two friends who go to Costco from time to time and each one picks up a case of dog food for me. Right now I have enough canned dog food to last until August. I do all my other shopping at one grocery store. I have had to pay a bit more for a few items that would have been cheaper at WalMart, but sticking to one store has been more important than saving a bit of money. We bought a few things from Amazon that I couldn't find at the store.

<3 Barbie in NW WA