50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Maybe check the surface it is on. If there is any instability, scales can read weird. on concrete or tile or really solid wood flooring is best.

It’s on smooth wood laminate & hasn’t been moved (until today, with the battery change to troubleshoot). It’s 3 years old & made an international move with us, so it may just be time.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    SATURDAY WEIGH IN
    LAST WEEK 203
    TODAY 202.6

Not gonna lie, I was expecting a larger loss. My calories were low, my exercise was high... the nerd report predicted 2.4 lbs.

Well... not gonna stress! My body does not sync with my excel spreadsheet!!! It is what it is.

Now for coffee!!
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    SATURDAY WEIGH IN
    LAST WEEK 203
    TODAY 202.6

Not gonna lie, I was expecting a larger loss. My calories were low, my exercise was high... the nerd report predicted 2.4 lbs.

Well... not gonna stress! My body does not sync with my excel spreadsheet!!! It is what it is.

Now for coffee!!

My weigh in is tomorrow. I get that way sometimes. But then I just tell myself I’d rather had a smaller loss then expected then a gain ! You got this
  • abuford4
    abuford4 Posts: 7 Member
    OK, I made my weight goal for the week - a weight loss of 1 pound. I didn't do everything I said I was going to do to get there, but apparently I did enough. We have ourselves a strange little problem that has become an unfortunate cycle. I have a cat and a dog. They sleep in my room - always have. Unless there are fireworks or thunderstorms, they are on their own beds and it's no big deal. Well, there have been fireworks in the evenings for WEEKS, with of course no sign of letting up before the 4th. (Yes, it's illegal.....) So I have this ginormous dog and a sweet little cat trying to sleep on top of me, right up next to me, under me..... So I don't sleep well. Then when they are hungry/need to potty/etc, and it's time to get up in the morning, I am too exhausted to walk with the dog - and I just let him in the yard. Which isn't great for him OR me. And then I'm tired all day, make less-wise food choices, and then go to bed early and the cycle starts again. Who knew the cat and the dog were in charge of my weight loss/fitness????? Not me. So this week's plan is to take the dog to daycare a few times - haven't been doing that because of working from home. Maybe if he's super-tired, he won't be so annoying throughout the night. The cat can sleep in another room. Truly. He's not as scared of the noise as the dog is; it's not cruel.

Weight loss goal - 65 pounds
    Weight loss to-date - 1 pound. On schedule
    Next goal - 171
    This week's tasks - take the dog to daycare, close my bedroom door at night, take oatmeal and fixin's to work so that I have an emergency breakfast, find the Nutrition Shake place that just opened up in my town. That might be a good commuting breakfast on days when I don't get a breakfast together at home.
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Weigh in day.

Last week 270
    Today 266.6

I’ll take it !
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    This hasn't been a good week weight-wise - my weigh in day is Wednesday and I'm expecting no change. Bit annoying given I've been eating within my goal etc.

On the plus side, I discovered a new veggie burger I really like, and have been thinking about how I can adjust my plan to fit in more fruit and veg. Up until now, it's mostly been about calorie restriction for me, but I'm now starting to think about how get healthier, rather than just thinner (which isn't the same thing).

Maybe I should just take the better attitude as the win.

@mc62412 Great loss, well done. :)

@abuford4 Knowledge is power. Doesn't matter how random it seems to someone else, if you've identified something that's been holding you back and you make changes, you really are winning at this.

@Beka3695 Frustrating. But hey, it's in the right direction! :)
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    Any repeat losers here? Meaning I got to my goal weight before (3 years ago), and now I’m trying to get back there again.
    Is it harder the second (or third) time around?

I’ve added strength training to my workouts a whole lot sooner than I did the first time. Could this be a reason for the scale not moving very much?

I didn’t take measurements before I started, but I’m feeling like I’m loosing inches (ok maybe centimetres) in my trouble areas, but scale has only went down 3 pounds in the month.
  • Beka3695
    edited June 2020
    I’m a repeater. I was almost at goal 3 years ago. Last time before that was 2004...
    c8qvkzcnalrl.png
    [img]https://us.v- cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/ls/4suqqg5yqbxs.jpeg[/img]

White dress was 242ish in 2016
    RBF (lol) was July 2017
    Recreation of RBF was May, 2020.

I regained all but 6 pounds of what I lost in 16/17.

I’m not sure it is harder, but you definitely know what you are in for, the battle I mean.
    I do think the weight came off a little bit quicker last time. Quick math - I’m about 3 weeks behind my timeline from last go round.
  • Beka3695
    Ok... the above post won’t let me edit... glad that is not a nude!

orixh8e0ljn1.jpeg

This is what I was trying to post
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    Please add me! Have to lose 40-50.
    Before MFP all time high 192, last summer made it down to 159, back up to 175 this year.

SW 168
    GW 125 ?
    MG 9/22 end of summer 148

6/1/2020 168

6/8 165.8

6/15/ 166.0

6/22 164.3
  • woofus
    woofus Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for the add! My goal is to lose 65 pounds. Shooting for at least 1/2 by the end of the year. My knees hurt now all the time and I’m just tired of carrying all this extra baggage around, not wearing shirts, and knowing what I SHOULD look like.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Yeah, this isn't my first rodeo either.

I would say it's harder in the sense that I'm older, therefore my body doesn't react in quite the same way. But in some respects, it's easier because I know what went wrong, and I know what does and doesn't work for me.

I think a lot of us who lost a lot of weight and now trying to re-lose it, are people who understood the mechanics of losing weight, but didn't address the emotional issues around food at the time.

This is me..... it seems so much harder now that I am older. I don't have the drive I did to lose that I had when my kiddos were little. I know what I need to do, doing it is the hard part.
  • thelastnightingale
    This is me..... it seems so much harder now that I am older. I don't have the drive I did to lose that I had when my kiddos were little. I know what I need to do, doing it is the hard part.

I can't tell you how resentful I am that my BMR is lower now I'm older - I mean, it was always on the low side due to being female and short, but now it feels like age is stealing all my calories. Mainly because it is! ;)

I've started to acknowledge why I've ended up here again. No blame, no excuses, just facts. I mean, sometimes it might sound like excuses, but the key thing is to understand, no matter how dumb the reasons might or might not seem.

This time, I'm losing weight because I finally acknowledge it will make a difference to my health, and I've finally made that a priority. Some of the other, trivial reasons are still there - who doesn't want to look good? - but I've found a better reason to keep going, and something I can better hold onto in all the dark moments that lie ahead. There are always dark moments - weight is such an emotive thing.

I wish I could lose weight faster, I wish I could find it easier - I don't. All I can do is keep going, and as much support as I might find in other people, and as much as I might want to do this for other people - everything I do has got to be for me. I want to do this for me, and I'm going to persevere for me.

The scales have been really cruel this week. I've eaten my tiny allowance, or just under, and the fluctuations all seem to net out to no movement. But I know I'm doing everything right - I've had a bad week before - and I just need to keep on doing all the right things. It'll all catch up with me eventually, and the scales will keep moving again.
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member
    @bl3ss3dmfp Welcome! Newcomers are always welcome because it's never too late to make a change. Five kids are a handful for sure! Congrats on getting under 200!! And I'm doing pretty good today :)
  • thelastnightingale
    Not quite the result I wanted, but a couple of last minute fluctuations towards the end of my weigh-in week have pushed me into a 1.1lb weight loss. I'll take it - I thought I was going to end in a net zero, so that's a victory. :)

That means I'm now 41lb exactly away from my goal of healthy weight and 11.8lb away from my interim goal of "just overweight."

@bl3ss3dmfp Congratulations on getting below 200lb! It's a great feeling, isn't it? :) Well done on your progress so far, keep it up!
  • GetHealth247
    GetHealth247 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm in need to drop 50 myself need all the help I can get.
  • Beka3695
    I'm in need to drop 50 myself need all the help I can get.

Welcome!!!