The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    @donimfp - this is the warning on products in Florida and Georgia. California might have additional warnings. CA tends to over warn... lol

kfko7zs9k86h.jpeg
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    edited June 2020
    Interesting findings about link of alcohol and cancer.
    Two observations: the blatant marketing of alcohol to women... all those "fun" colors and flavors. The greed of these harmful companies is obvious.
    Second, Miley Cyrus is 6 months sober. First, she needed to quit because of vocal cord surgery. But then she realized that there is a genetic disposition to alcoholism in her family, and that she just feels 100% better each morning.
    https://people.com/music/miley-cyrus-talks-sobriety-after-vocal-surgery/
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    I love your ideas @FeelinFooFoo ! It's about how we spin it in our brain. I am proud of all of us!

I woke this morning and had a full day of moving boxes and furniture for my son who is moving home with my ex. I felt so fresh and energetic when I woke up and faced the day with NO hangover or headache. I ate my greek yogurt with strawberries for breakfast, instead of having to feed a hangover with an egg Mcmuffin.

Tomorrow, my daughter is having her wisdom teeth out, and I would not want to be relying on alcohol to deal with the nerves I am having. Instead, I can just give myself some positive self talk that everything will be ok. I don't have to dive into a bottle, and then screw up the day feeling ever more anxious. If I were still drinking, I am sure I would have hidden a bottle of white wine in my closet for a few swigs to calm my nerves. And before I would know it the bottle would be empty and I would be a terrible "nurse" for my daughter.

I agree with Lottie who said even two glasses of wine make me feel quite sick the next day. I know as I age, even a little alcohol just doesn't agree with me. I know that my menopause symptoms are exacerbated as well.

@JenT304 Have a wonderful weekend!! Lots to celebrate. <3
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    @Beka3695 Um, that is way cross the line by your boss, IMHO. Great she's that trusting, but that sounds out of bounds even if you aren't trying to work!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    @Beka3695 Um, that is way cross the line by your boss, IMHO. Great she's that trusting, but that sounds out of bounds even if you aren't trying to work!

Lisa, this was the second dream... didn’t really happen.

Technically a nightmare