50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• signing_megs
    signing_megs Posts: 35 Member
    Whoops I forgot to check in here for a few weeks. I’ve been pretty good on tracking,even on days I go a little or waaaaay over. I’m nervous because I am able to workout a lot right now, and am loosing a little. Come fall when I start back to teaching, I won’t be able to workout as much. I’m trying to focus on the now and worry about August when it gets here.

SW: 204.6 in May
    CW: 199.2
    Short term goal: 185 by the end of summer
    GW: 150
    CWL: -5.4
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Ok... the above post won’t let me edit... glad that is not a nude!

I was glad too! I had a new friend on here three years or so ago who posted a nearly nude on her feed. I open mfp at work! Yikes! Did not expect that. I think she deleted it after a few hours but vry disturbing...

You may have put some back on...but look at the difference between now an '04!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Week 1: -4.2
    Week 2: -1.8
    Week 3: -1.8

Trucking right along. Stalled for half of one week & all of a second week until the very last day - then, whoosh! All caught up. So glad to have experience, the MFP community, & apps like HappyScale to keep reminding me that losses aren’t linear!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    @chrysaliscove - congrats on the WHOOSH!!! I love those!! I have been considering using happy scale to log daily. I have been using it for weekly for a long time. IDK if it would add to anxiety tho…

@carriestrine - YAY UNDERE 215!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!! I found an accountability partner at work who encourages me to walk a lap of the building each our. We have been doing this for 2 weeks. My steps have increased by about 4k per day. The most awesome side effect is that it clears our head and we are more productive! Take 3 minutes for your mental health!!

Tomorrow is my official weigh in. I am 201.6 this am. I would REALLY like to be in the 100s!!! SO CLOSE!
    I am growing out my silver hair. I stopped coloring it 16 months ago. I have said for a couple months that when I hit 199 I will have the big chop and cut off all the brown. Well, that appointment is tonight!!!!! I will be traveling some next week and decided to go ahead on faith and determination that it will be gone in a day or so. I have never had short hair - always ponytail length or close. I am excited for something new! AND - if I don't like it, it can grow out... RIGHT??
  • ChrysalisCove
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @chrysaliscove - congrats on the WHOOSH!!! I love those!! I have been considering using happy scale to log daily. I have been using it for weekly for a long time. IDK if it would add to anxiety tho…

My personal experience is that it does the opposite - it lets me take stalls / plateaus in stride, because I can see that I’m still on a downward trend overall.
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Tomorrow is weigh in day. I’m annoyed with this week. It’s been the same up and down point this and that.
    Has anyone else has rough weeks like that where the scale just bounces back and fourth between the same 2 - 3 different weights.
    How did you break it. I mean I’ve cut out all junk. No fast food making meals at home. ALWAYS under or at my calories.
    What gives.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    mc62412 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is weigh in day. I’m annoyed with this week. It’s been the same up and down point this and that.
    Has anyone else has rough weeks like that where the scale just bounces back and fourth between the same 2 - 3 different weights.
    How did you break it. I mean I’ve cut out all junk. No fast food making meals at home. ALWAYS under or at my calories.
    What gives.

Well this week the scale claimed I gained five pounds and has reluctantly removed one every day since. Stupid lying cow...

I don't have a solution, other than give it time. Drink a lot of water. Watch the sodium.(I watch the sodium and then...LEAP! DEVOUR!!! Don't do that...)
  • mc62412
    mc62412 wrote: »
    What gives.

Well this week the scale claimed I gained five pounds and has reluctantly removed one every day since. Stupid lying cow...

I don't have a solution, other than give it time. Drink a lot of water. Watch the sodium.(I watch the sodium and then...LEAP! DEVOUR!!! Don't do that...)

These scales ! One day I weighed myself twice Cause it didn’t weigh....and then I proceeded to weigh another SEVEN times ! And I got a different number every time ! Stupid.
  • mc62412
    Ok...today was weigh in day.
    I’ve been EXTREMELY annoyed all week cause I’ve been up and down the same few point somethings all week ! It was so infuriating ! And it really made me feel like, just eat what you want. Who cares anymore. BUT weigh in day did not disappoint. And I couldn’t be happier.

Last weeks weigh in : 266.7
    Today’s weigh in : 264.2
    -2.4 😬

I’m going to chalk up my back and fourth to that time of the month. 🤔
  • abuford4
    abuford4 Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations to all the people with such important successes. You're keeping me going right now. I just did my weekly weigh-in and I weigh the exact same as I did last week at this time. It was a not-great week in terms of eating and exercise. It wasn't dreadful - just not great. I did find the protein shake place in my town, and that makes a great commuting-breakfast, so that was a win. I'll keep that going one day a week. Things I learned: I need to make grab and go breakfasts. I need to track my food every day. The drive-through is not my friend. I will change these things, and if I can add in a few days of yoga this week I will be making baby steps towards a healthier life.

Trying again for 171
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    abuford4 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the people with such important successes. You're keeping me going right now. I just did my weekly weigh-in and I weigh the exact same as I did last week at this time. It was a not-great week in terms of eating and exercise. It wasn't dreadful - just not great. I did find the protein shake place in my town, and that makes a great commuting-breakfast, so that was a win. I'll keep that going one day a week. Things I learned: I need to make grab and go breakfasts. I need to track my food every day. The drive-through is not my friend. I will change these things, and if I can add in a few days of yoga this week I will be making baby steps towards a healthier life.

Trying again for 171

No gain is good! I have turned on to protein shakes. Make my own. 12 ozs cold water, 1 tablespoon oatmeal, 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, 1 cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries, tight fistful of power greens which are spinach, kale, chard and one scoop protein power either vanilla or chocolate. I blend with a Braun multiquick hand blender. Total time less than 5 minutes.
    Never thought I would like it but it is frothy and crunchy. Even my husband likes it and he is extreme finicky.
  • AgnesFerniot
    AgnesFerniot Posts: 62 Member
    down 2.5 #. B)
  • ChrysalisCove
    SW: 245
    UGW: 160

Week 1: -4.2
    Week 2: -1.8
    Week 3: -1.8
    Week 4: -2.6

Rounding out the month with a 10.4 pound loss 🥳
  • AgnesFerniot
    AgnesFerniot Posts: 62 Member
    July start Weight: 217.xx
    July Goal Weight: 205
    Ultimate Goal Weight:

July 1 :
    July 8:
    July 15:
    July 22:
    July 29:
    July 31
    B)
    A big crunch will come in August to beat me up.
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    My weight has been all over the map, especially this past week. I’ve fluctuated from 195.8 to 201.1 ... I’m going to attribute it to a combination of strength training and my cycle, but it’s so defeating to see a crazy flux in the scale! 🎢 🎢
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    IDARae wrote: »
    My weight has been all over the map, especially this past week. I’ve fluctuated from 195.8 to 201.1 ... I’m going to attribute it to a combination of strength training and my cycle, but it’s so defeating to see a crazy flux in the scale! 🎢 🎢

Oh, if you're working out more than usual and it's your period, it will definitely be hard to figure out what your 'real' weight is. Give it a week or so and the scales will be kinder. Props to you though for working out whilst on, I've never been the sort of girl to do that. I just want to curl up under a blanket eating chocolate!

After a bad day yesterday, today felt a bit easier. MFP tells me today is day 50. Imagine that. It's 50 days in and it's only just starting to feel a bit more 'normal'. If anyone reading this has just started trying to shift those 50lb and it feels difficult, power through. You have to stick with something for ages until you start to form a habit.

I've just finished one of my 'treat dinners' for less than 450 calories and really enjoyed it. I mean, I could eat it all over again, but I won't. In the past, a treat dinner was a proper blow out for at least 1,500 calories. I feel like I'm appreciating food more now. I've always loved food, but because I have to 'ration' the calories, I try to taste each calorie rather than mindlessly wolf everything down whilst multitasking.

Tomorrow's task is going to be to attempt to make soup... I haven't made homemade soup in ages, so this could only go one of two ways. Complete success or utter disaster. We'll see...