Fitbit syncing problems

boognish1972
boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
I just can't get my Fitbit to sync with MFP. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps a number of times and it just won't work. So, my question is whether there is actually any value in continuing to use MFP, or if it just makes sense to log my food directly onto the Fitbit app. The food tracking portion of the Fitbit app has actually improved quite a bit over the years and I'm not sure I would be missing much by dropping MFP and just using that exclusively.

Replies

• michelec37
    michelec37 Posts: 4 Member
    Same situation for me for the last day and a half, it’s annoying!
  • akeough
    akeough Posts: 1 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. My steps from yesterday finally synced but my steps for today are missing.
  • rpzachry
    rpzachry Posts: 1 Member
    ^^^^^ same here.
  • vocallycool
    vocallycool Posts: 5 Member
    I'm also experiencing this issue. I hope it gets resolved.
  • MrAstro
    MrAstro Posts: 24 Member
    Mucked up yesterday, synced overnight and is now not updating again today,
  • jasmine702
    jasmine702 Posts: 1 Member
    mine isn't working either :/ I need my steps so I can see my calories.
  • syl67roy
    syl67roy Posts: 1 Member
    No step syncing between MFP and Fitbit in two days! Is anybody looking into this????? That's too long to be down guys...
  • estesdale
    estesdale Posts: 1 Member
    My Fitbit steps synced yesterday, but nothing is showing today (6/25). :(
  • nursenic1510
    nursenic1510 Posts: 1 Member
    no steps syncing for me either, thought it was because i had upgraded to premium but reading these comments dont think it it, hope it gets sorted soon
  • dtannous78
    dtannous78 Posts: 1 Member
    Same situation here. My steps from yesterday synced overnight, but today nothing. It's so annoying. I've uninstalled and re-installed and still having problems. I wish this would just work - this is not the first time I've had this issue.
  • napierworld99
    napierworld99 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,068 Member
    Me too
  • norbbakk8548
    norbbakk8548 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here. Seems to be a major issue, would appreciate any comment from MFP and/or a general notification and confirmation that there are issues right now
  • Lauramolloy123
    Lauramolloy123 Posts: 1 Member
    My food isn’t linking to my Fitbit
  • drewmckenna1
    drewmckenna1 Posts: 1 Member
    26.06.20. Unable to synch for 2 days, uninstalled, reinstalled, reset both. Nothing
  • shrinkingweez
    shrinkingweez Posts: 25 Member
    No steps syncing for me either. It's syncing the other direction, so my food is showing up in my fitbit app, but my exercise/steps aren't coming through to MFP. It's super frustrating as I need that to know what I should be eating for the day.
  • Toast4350
    Toast4350 Posts: 1 Member
    My steps weren't syncing and after reconnecting both apps, re-installing both apps, still nothing. Calories logged in on MyFitnessPal are no longer being tracked on my Fitbit either.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    The relationship between Fitbit & MFP is iffy at best. I use both: MFP for logging and for the community aspect. And Fitbit to gauge how much I'm moving.

I have the same 'weight loss' goal set in Fitbit as MFP, even though I don't log food there. One thing different about Fitbit: it gives you credit for movement as you do it, while MFP assumes a certain activity level all day. What does this mean? When I look at the Fitbit app, it tells me how many calories I have for the day based on what I've already done.

Right now Fitbit tells me I have 1232 calories available to consume. Its early in my day (not yet 8am) and I did a 25 minute walk. But that 1232 will increase as I move more thru my day. My goal is to eat around 1400 and for Fitbit to tell me I can eat around 1500. So as long as the Fitbit # is lower, I know I still need to do more today.
  • toddmike1964
    toddmike1964 Posts: 5 Member
    My steps haven't synced since the early morning of June 25. Tried the usual fixes. Still not syncing....
    Please fix!