30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    Down 3 pounds! 31 to go.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    edited June 2020
    *deleted double post**
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 Excellent!! Great job!!
  • suegreg2
    @MommaGemz Thank you! I can wait to get back into the 180's. Currently 191.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 16

TGIF! It's a short day of school for the kids, but I still have alot of errands to run today, so not a short day for Mommy. I'm meal planning and writing my grocery list this morning. I'm trying to save from Meals from my daily log to make meal planning and tracking easier, but thee appears to be a display bug with the My Meals tab. I just opened a ticket on that. I'd like to have about 10 solid "base" meals in that tab to provide a solid framework for eating and meal planning, but also gives me some variety.

I'm less and less inclined to have the standard once-a-week Take-out lunch with my husband because I feel it derails my efforts for a day or two after, even if it's relatively healthy meal. I don't know if that's just perception or reality, but a break from take-out can't hurt. Besides, I'm not strongly craving anything right now, so it's best to save a meal out for when the craving is REALLY strong.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • suegreg2
    Happy Saturday! Wishing a great weekend for all!
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 Happy Saturday to you too! B)
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @MommaGemz I know what you mean about a takeout lunch derailing your plan... it can be disheartening seeing a gain, even if it's only a temporary one caused by salt.

I haven't had a single takeout since getting back on the wagon and I've been debating with myself when/if I'm going to break that streak and if so, what would be worth it for me. There are so few places that publish full nutritional info, and I like to know the numbers so I can work around them.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 17

My husband and I just bought a stationary bike and it arrives next week! I'm so excited! Steps are helping for sure, but they don't really have any cardio effect. Getting up and moving is important for sure, so I will still work on getting 10K steps, but now I have a means of getting my heart rate up without going outside (Texas way tooo hot and humid) or bouncing (most workout DVDs). (A future goal will be starting to use the Bowflex we have, but that's a future-future goal - I'm going to ramp up gradually).

I made a mistake and waited too long to have lunch and got struck with some low blood sugar. That made me HANGRY. Besides that today was a pretty laid-back day and it was easy to get in my steps and keep on track with my calories.

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale Nutritional menus are a lifesaver when planning a meal out for sure! Then I go and get cravings for places with no nutritional info, like my favorite Indian or Pho place :s Great job on the No Takeout since you started - that's an accomplishment for sure!
  • suegreg2
    @MommaGemz I truly appreciate your dedication to walking. I really need to get back into it. On the plus side, I love my stationary bike. On days I don’t swim, I usually jump on it and peddle away while doing laundry. Mine runs different programs, so at least there’s a little variety. Have fun!
  • suegreg2
    Ugh! Today is one of those days. I didn't sleep well last night and I'm grumpy and just want to eat pancakes! But, if I don't make them, I can't eat them, so eggs it is! Have a great Sunday!!
  • MommaGemz
    suegreg2 wrote: »
    Ugh! Today is one of those days. I didn't sleep well last night and I'm grumpy and just want to eat pancakes! But, if I don't make them, I can't eat them, so eggs it is! Have a great Sunday!!

Oh my gosh I know exactly how you feel - lack of sleep makes me crave dangerous foods! Be strong!
  • suegreg2
    @MommaGemz Thank you! I did okay so far, and even swam for over an hour! I wish I had your motivation to walk, though!
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 Sometimes the motivation to walk to totally not there, but.... I still want to have the green checkmark, so I do it :D
  • MommaGemz
    Day 18

I got to sleep in this morning, so I had a little more energy to tackle the day; however, this is my busiest day of the week. I ate breakfast and some coffee and it was full speed after that. Now that I home school the kids during the week, all of my other projects need to be done on the weekends. I used to spread it out through the week. So I was up and moving all day and got the steps in that way. Because I was so busy I thought less about food and snacking. Now I'm exhausted and I just want to sit down and kick my feet up, but I need to get the kids bathed and into bed first. Sunday is definitely NOT a day of rest for me. :#

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • MommaGemz
    Day 19

It's a Monday and I feel really slow going. My sleep wasn't great last night and I am relying heavily on coffee to get this home school day with the kids going. I'm trying to keep moving to stay alert, so at least I'm working on my steps.

Does white rice make anyone else retain water? It seems to be the carb that has the most negative effect on my weight loss efforts. I would eliminate it entirely if my husband didn't love rice so much. I'm going to have to start getting riced cauliflower for myself. Maybe do a 50/50 mix or something. (I actually already had some in my freezer and tried out a 70/30 mix with rice - not bad at all :smile: )

I ended the day with much more energy than I started. I got in about 1000 more steps than I normally do and I'm hoping for better sleep tonight.

Initial Daily Goals:

Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @MommaGemz I haven't noticed any issues with white rice - for me, it's just too much salt. Sounds like you've found a good compromise though with the riced cauliflower. :)

You're doing so well with all those green ticks, well done to you for sticking to your goals! Hope you got a good night's sleep - I find it has such a big impact on my weight. I think many people underestimate the interaction between sleep and weight loss.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    Hi,I didn't receive the friend request.I will try & send you one.Struggling to navigate the site!! Love reading your daily posts.Keep up the good work 😃
  • MommaGemz
    @izzyred9400 It could be my own user error, but I did receive your request <3 Happy Tuesday and I hope to help support your journey as well!