How long will this be an issue?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    0p7yshvg3asl.png

Wouldn’t let me edit previous post to include a screenshot.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yeah, "My Home" isn't really functional.

I don't mind as the actual food logging, which is what I use it for, seems to work fine. Really hope they're not migrating towards a "pay-to-play" model...
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    wk4sbbgi9ui5.png

Looks like this!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited June 2020
    My brother uses a free app called FatSecret that does nearly the same thing as MFP and he loves it. Maybe time to switch!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost access to my meals. I get the website message of "Please Note: Currently, our site does not support "https add-ons" you may have elected to use with your web browser. If you've enabled such an add-on (such as HTTPS Everywhere) please exclude MyFitnessPal from the add-on's list of sites to see if that helps."

I don't run anything like this. Plus on the app parts of ingredients are missing while the calories are still there.

I also get logged out here constantly. After every post I reply to or make, and a few more random logouts per day.

Totally not impressed.

That particular error is one I see when I'm having a network error on my side (either outage or slowness to the point of internal time-out), FWIW. I'm not saying that's for sure why it's happening for you, but I'm reasonably certain that's the explanation for some cases where it happens for me.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Site is terrible lately. When I open the app most times I get "updating" and it takes forever. Syncing with Garmin is hit or miss. Support is basically non existent! Keep being told "they're working on it."
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    MrUgly wrote: »
    A week of this. The website is almost unusable. App this works okay, but man...
    xm5wzotwx832.png

dqz5bjfi5bwt.png

yrnzv9djl1z4.png

I've been getting that message for the last 3 days, but I just tried to access MFP on my mobile and it loaded fine - went back to the laptop and it's still giving me the error. Which is a pain.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Google Fit not synching to MFP for me, either.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    This is totally not usable. If I don't use it for a few days until they get it fixed, then you lose your daily streak of days. I know I can fix that but why should I "have" do that. It should work and correctly. I did find a "work around" today by going to community, which is why I'm here, and then going back to home and it worked. Who knows if it will work again. If this doesn't straighten out and not have so many problems, I'm out of here too.
  • drewf57
    drewf57 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2020
    They posted a message yesterday about the FitBit stuff: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045064472-Scheduled-Maintenance-on-Step-Tracking-6-25

I'm wondering if it's not going well, because my Strava data isn't syncing anymore now.
  • greysteelfitness
    greysteelfitness Posts: 1 Member
    So...anybody care to recommend my new nutrition tracker? because this crap will not do. I won't keep paying for a nonfunctional app.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost access to my meals. I get the website message of "Please Note: Currently, our site does not support "https add-ons" you may have elected to use with your web browser. If you've enabled such an add-on (such as HTTPS Everywhere) please exclude MyFitnessPal from the add-on's list of sites to see if that helps."

I don't run anything like this. Plus on the app parts of ingredients are missing while the calories are still there.

I also get logged out here constantly. After every post I reply to or make, and a few more random logouts per day.

Totally not impressed.

That particular error is one I see when I'm having a network error on my side (either outage or slowness to the point of internal time-out), FWIW. I'm not saying that's for sure why it's happening for you, but I'm reasonably certain that's the explanation for some cases where it happens for me.

Nope, those same exact things has been happening for me on my phone and computer from different locations. It is also not syncing the past two days to my Fitbit. I uninstalled and reinstalled my Fitbit, checked all settings...
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    drewf57 wrote: »
    They posted a message yesterday about the FitBit stuff: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045064472-Scheduled-Maintenance-on-Step-Tracking-6-25

I'm wondering if it's not going well, because my Strava data isn't syncing anymore now.

Thank you for this, now I know why
  • OmarVinden
    OmarVinden Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I don't use MyFitnessPal's app because of the way it is. Cronometer has been good to me. I don't use any devices but it claims to work with Strava and Fitbit.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    I do not think the internet was build to be Pandemic proof so when most people decided to stay home and spend all day on the internet it just started flipping out.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    My Fitbit is not syncing with MFP. Glad I'm not the only one...

Same...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Totally not impressed.

Hmm.. still not fixed for me. I don't have home internet but use my phone data. With a strong signal yesterday and today. Still get the error message that I'm using an extension that I should not be using in computer browser, and most of my recipe ingredients are gone in the app.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Mfp has gotten steadily worse since I started using it in 2013. It’s even more irritating that I’ve never been able to find a comparable substitute.
  • skennelly3163
    skennelly3163 Posts: 8 Member
    Yeah really happy to pay for a years worth of premium for it to not work for days on end... I can't get my messages half the time.. I can't get to my main page to Check in for a couple of days now. It is super annoying.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm a tracker by nature. ;) I've been using a notebook and my CalorieKing books until it's fixed. If you like forums you'll find many of those other joints to be about as boring as watching paint try.