60 yrs and up

Replies

• dawkson2017
    dawkson2017 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi..... im a 67 yo single female, from Melbourne, Australia.
    I joined mfp a couple of weeks ago to keep track of calories and macros.
    I have used anothe app for years, but mfp seems to work better for me across android and apple platforms.
    Im at a bmi of 21, but could lose a couple of cms from my waist to get my height:waist ratio below 0.5.
    Before Covid, I did social ballroom dancing a couple of times a week.... 6 hours total. With social distancing, that has gone out of the window for a long time, especially if you dance with multiple men! So, I have been walking the local streets.... the park path is a bit too busy at times.... weather permitting, 1 hour to 2 hours a day.....I have discovered some nice gems in the neighbourhood.... but whats with the young adults always with a takeaway coffee in their hands? The cost!
    Have a good day.... just going out for my walk, with a podcast on .... LowcarbUsa.
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)dawkson I had to take a hiatus from my line dance classes and I miss them. I love to walk and I live in a neighborhood with wide streets and almost no traffic so I can walk whenever I want. I listen to podcasts and audio books. The podcasts I listen to are about happiness, meditation, or food. I hope you'll keep coming back.

:) Barbie from NW Washington state
  • 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone .
    :) X
  • marie19781
    marie19781 Posts: 123 Member
    Today I’ll take Naprosyn first!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    @BobWillers, that's an amazing photo! I love it! You have definite photographic skills, and I suspect a much better camera than the one in my li'l cell phone. I should consider a better camera, but I have to admit my enthusiasm is really more for growing unusual plants, than photographing them for best effect.

Thanks for sharing that!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    marie19781 wrote: »
    Good Morning. Yesterday my walking friend cancelled so I did the next best thing, exercises at home. For over 2 hours I combined walking up and down stairs , squats, deep knee bends , etc. I was cleaning/ purging the closets , cleaning the floors , never ending. Then I found 20$ in a beach bag from last summer! Breakfast over , time to “ exercise “.

Super
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member
    marie19781 wrote: »
    Good Morning. Yesterday my walking friend cancelled so I did the next best thing, exercises at home. For over 2 hours I combined walking up and down stairs , squats, deep knee bends , etc. I was cleaning/ purging the closets , cleaning the floors , never ending. Then I found 20$ in a beach bag from last summer! Breakfast over , time to “ exercise “.

Nice going!!! I love finding what I call surprise money that I totally forgot I had.
  • dawkson2017
    dawkson2017 Posts: 18 Member
    I also have been having trouble logging on to the Community section. In Australia. I, too, had a high calorie day yesterday..... decided to make some keto crackers, using only almond meal and mozzarella cheese in the microwave.... serves 10.... scoffed the lot! Then made a fake fast food friday pizza with keto base.... serves 4! Scoffed the lot! Decided i had better do 800 cal today! Surprisingly total carbs yesterday were still under 30 grams.
  • BobWillers
    BobWillers Posts: 33 Member
    A parcel arrived this morning from my other daughter. She really tries to help.(not)
    A bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, a large box of liquorice, and a wine glass that holds a full bottle of wine!
    Bless her...............Get Thee Behind Me etc.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member
    I seem to have intermittent connection problems all the tome with MFP. Yesterday was also a rough eating day for me. But today is a new day, so onward and upward!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Hi all, I haven't been able to get on here lately it just wont let me, hope your all doing well.
  • springchickadee
    springchickadee Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am new to this board, but not to MFP. I go off and on my food tracking and fitness routine and the pounds keep creeping up. It seems I have gained about 10 pounds per decade since I was in my 20's. I am only 5 feet tall and at 65 years I now seem to teeder between 146-149 pounds for the past year. I would like to lose 20 pounds or at least 15 pounds. I like to drink wine and eat carbs! That says it all I think. But change is never easy. Lately I am trying to eat more low glycemic foods. I was going to a local gym at the university 3 times a week and really loved it, but since covid19 I have slipped back into a pattern of no structured excercise. So onward and never give up, right? :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I participate in this thread and two others so I haven't felt alone even though I go almost no where and have had to give up my two weekly dance classes and my weekly exercise class. I feel so fortunate to be able to communicate via the internet.