How long will this be an issue?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost access to my meals. I get the website message of "Please Note: Currently, our site does not support "https add-ons" you may have elected to use with your web browser. If you've enabled such an add-on (such as HTTPS Everywhere) please exclude MyFitnessPal from the add-on's list of sites to see if that helps."

I don't run anything like this. Plus on the app parts of ingredients are missing while the calories are still there.

I also get logged out here constantly. After every post I reply to or make, and a few more random logouts per day.

Totally not impressed.

That particular error is one I see when I'm having a network error on my side (either outage or slowness to the point of internal time-out), FWIW. I'm not saying that's for sure why it's happening for you, but I'm reasonably certain that's the explanation for some cases where it happens for me.

Hmm.. still not fixed for me. I don't have home internet but use my phone data. With a strong signal yesterday and today. Still get the error message that I'm using an extension that I should not be using in computer browser, and most of my recipe ingredients are gone in the app.

Apparently should have been more clear in what I wrote: I'm not saying that local network problems are the only thing that can cause that message. I'm saying it appears to be one thing that can trigger that message, based on my experience with getting the message (and about 30 years professional experience with software testing, so I'm not typically imaginative about things like this).

I'm glad network connectivity is not an issue for you.

Ideally, nothing would cause an opaque message like that to show up on the consumer/user side. Ideally, it would be trapped and turned into an intelligible error. Making that ideal thing happen is much more difficult in a distributed, multi-client scenario (i.e. I mean app or machine client, not human client).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I've been getting the CloudFront errors here locally for when it doesn't have a page cached and has to go back to mother - and mother apparently isn't responding fast enough.

You always wonder what sites have done on the back end to start terribly having issues.
    Tried to add more server sites, tried to upgrade existing, routing problems, going for cheapest provider, ect.

Because this is different than prior short-term issues syncing with 3rd party sites, during which people complaining of that Garmin didn't have issues, and MFP's own site didn't have issues.
    This isn't so specific.
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    Mine finally did sync with YESTERDAY'S Fitbit results, but I guess Thursday was lost. Hoping this means they are making progress.
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
    I am here, and yes, I do have the "Member" status for a few more days. As noted very plainly above, I took up the 30 day FREE trial of the upgraded membership, and immediately cancelled it once I found that it simply was a worthless upgrade for me. I continue to "enjoy" the "benefits", which apparently include the coveted "Member" moniker next to my name, but trust me, I'm not paying a penny for this BS.
  • oeagleo
    Does anyone from MFP actually read these forums ,or is this simply a place where the users can whine about the shortcomings of the app? Has anyone got an update on the "progress" toward fixing this? Having an IT background, it seems to me that any 1st year HS student could have completely rebuilt this system in the month it's taken to screw it up. This is a shame, as MFP "was" a pretty decent app for what it was designed for, but it appears that sine UA took it over, they're more interested in selling stuff than actually performing a service. Just my 2c worth.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Have been unable to get into "MY HOME" page consistently and it has gotten almost impossible.
  • heybales
    UA took over years ago - these are recent issues, like within the last month.
    So much has been added on since then. Likely some spaghetti code they build onto.

I don't pay nothing and have Member next to my name - not sure why that is confusing some in this thread.

And no MFP isn't reading these forums for troubleshooting attempts.
    It would really be worthless to attempt to in my opinion.
    You can watch another member try to help someone with a tech issue, the skill level, ability and the distractions just make it useless.
    Hence having trouble tickets.
    But they don't work those on already known issues of which they can duplicate - which would be a waste of time really.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Get used to it. I've been here a long time and there have been lots of issues for awhile
  • vincecupw
    vincecupw Posts: 2 Member
    Well My Home page now works for me, but trying to access either My Foods or My Meals still gives the error "Sorry, we are not able to process your request at this time."
  • oeagleo
    Odd, it works fine apparently on my iPhone, but absolutely refuses to acknowledge the Samsung. Going on for a month? Isn't that enough time to actually address the issue? Or at least an update?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I just disabled all add-ons I have in Firefox and tried it again. I still can't access my meals via the browser. And in the iOS app the meals are still incomplete.

Come on, MFP: this website lost a huge chunk of it's usability. get your engineers to look into it and at least acknowledge that you're busy trying to find a solution.
  • roger00022000
    roger00022000 Posts: 21 Member
    Surprisingly, I don't seem to be having any major issues with it. I do occasionally get an error trying to load my home page, but I haven't had any problems with food logging or exercise logging at all. Even the home page tends to refresh after a little bit of time. Maybe its just good timing for me.
  • ToneGrail
    ToneGrail Posts: 9 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost access to my meals. I get the website message of "Please Note: Currently, our site does not support "https add-ons" you may have elected to use with your web browser. If you've enabled such an add-on (such as HTTPS Everywhere) please exclude MyFitnessPal from the add-on's list of sites to see if that helps."

I don't run anything like this. Plus on the app parts of ingredients are missing while the calories are still there.

I also get logged out here constantly. After every post I reply to or make, and a few more random logouts per day.

Totally not impressed.

That particular error is one I see when I'm having a network error on my side (either outage or slowness to the point of internal time-out), FWIW. I'm not saying that's for sure why it's happening for you, but I'm reasonably certain that's the explanation for some cases where it happens for me.

I'm having the exact same issue.
  • ToneGrail
    ToneGrail Posts: 9 Member

Totally not impressed.

I'm having the exact same issue
  • roybrew
    roybrew Posts: 1 Member
    Yes, ever since the recent "maintenance" I also cannot access my meals, etc. Get the same message about the add-on, which I don't have. Problem happens with any browser I use (Firefox, MS-Edge, Chrome). Web site is broken.
  • heybales
    I got that add-ons error after correcting a food item (I do have several to stop ads, cross-connecting, ect and thought I disabled them all as a test), and then trying to view my Food items to select it for a meal.
    Since that failed I just searched for it - and there my correction was at the top of the search list anyway.
    I know for a fact my correction didn't update the public database that fast.
    I've never tested that before, perhaps your personal list always showed at the top anyway so no big whoop.
    But I was glad there was workaround.
  • mchenryrose
    mchenryrose Posts: 3 Member
    Yes! I been having a issue this. When I go into a meal to put in for break, lunch, dinner, etc. This is what I get... Please Note: Currently, our site does not support "https add-ons" you may have elected to use with your web browser. If you've enabled such an add-on (such as HTTPS Everywhere) please exclude MyFitnessPal from the add-on's list of sites to see if that helps.... I put in a coplaint with them, they sent me to do this test... I pass all of them. So I did a copy & paste sent it back to them. I havn't heard anything from them... They always send a message on their site having issues, not this time.
  • mchenryrose
    mchenryrose Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2020
    This is what I have been doing. I look up in the past for the meal I want... Under quick took and add it for today, it will ask me if I want it for Dinner etc. It's the only way I can enter my meals, instead of picking items one by one. Hope this helps.
  • vincecupw
    vincecupw Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2020
    As of 01:00 on Tuesday June 30th this problem appears to be fixed, all sections working normally now.