Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »

It's great to be back. Hope to restart my new normal in this unnormal time we're living in right now. Hope y'all have a great day!

Wow -- and I thought my year was bad!! You have been through SO much .. I am so so sorry. I hope your year turns around, and things will start to improve. Hugs
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Friday June 26
    1L of Water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Saturday June 27
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

@mytime6630 - I’m so happy to see you back. I can’t imagine how torn you are but I think you need to keep your daughter outside for your husband’s sake. Hugs to you.

@ZizzyBumble - I’m sorry that it is getting to be that time for your Mom, but I’m glad they have eased the restrictions so you can be there. It is so hard on families when they can’t connect at times like this.

@littleblackskirt - it will be nice to be able to open. The cost of extra precautions in both time and money are a necessary evil right now. We hired extra housekeeping staff and made checklists to make sure nothing is missed at our home. If I were you l, I would just make sure I was practicing good hand washing and remembering to keep my hands from my face while cleaning. I agree you need to have some income.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    @cesse47 - I hope the rest of your year gets better.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run - 10.5 miles. Email Dr. Bates
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations. FIND NAME TAG.
    4. Lunch: leftovers. Write a blog post - album?
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup? 1 hr writing: letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. LAUNDRY? GOOGLE CERTIFICATION!!!
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Wed book group. Thu play practice. N off 10, M 10-6 bike/walk, T 3-8 6, W 10-3 3, R off 6, F 10-6 bike/walk, S 10-6 bike/walk, N 3-8 3, M off 10, T off 3. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Loyal Tea before play practice Thursday. Thursday visit parents - take photos. Need to begin working on Google certification! Fri Jul 3 Hamilton. Blood work Thursday AM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. G Suite tomorrow HAS to be a priority. Long run too.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member

JFT Friday

- Protein bar for breakfast :(
    - Morning Meeting :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Shop :smiley:
    - Log everything :smiley:
    - Stay Green :smiley:
    - Exercise, Ride or walk :(
    - No cookies/candy :(
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Y'all make it happen today!

I just wasn't feeling it yesterday. I went to bed at 11:30 and didn't get up until noon. I still didn't feel great, but knew I needed to get up. Hubby and I went for a nice bike ride today. Added a half hour to my duration, meaning I did almost 2 hours. Only got 28 miles in, but it is my longest ride this year. I'm happy with it. I couldn't log in this morning to post goals, but had a decent day all told. Cleaned and lubed the bikes while hubby grilled steak, then after dinner I babied myself a bit. Bubble bath, self tan, nails.

While I'm here, I post goals for Sunday.

- sleep in
    - Get dolled up for a graduation party at 2
    - Be mindful of food at the party
    - If the weather holds off I'll walk, if it rains, I'll ride the Peleton
    - Log everything
    - Stay green

Have a blessed day y'all!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @cesse47 , I really hope the second half of 2020 is better for you, you've had more than your fair share of bad times!

@Snowflake1968 , I'll be working from checklists too. The main guidance is 20 pages long, with extra instructions from the holiday agency. I was self employed for many years, I'm not used to following instructions! It weighs on me that this is so important, I'm sure you understand that given where you work.

JFT Saturday 27th June

Log everything yes, a bit of estimating though
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercise no
    5 fruit and veg 4
    Walk? Weather is bad 30 minute walk and mowed lawn before rain got heavy
    Print off new instructions for business, make lists started
    Paperwork no
    Do small jobs some

Yesterday was a good dieting day, I even turned down a takeaway as I wasn't really hungry! That is a big thing for me :)

JFT Sunday 28th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk? Weather is awful today
    Finish paperwork and lists
    Try and sew a shower curtain
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2
      Mon 22: 149.7
      Tue 23: 149.5
      Wed 24: 149.4
      Thu 25: 149.8
      Sat 27: 149.9
      Sun 28: 149.8

JFT Sat 27 June:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷centring
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷117
      Cardio: > 30🌷HIIT /walk/jog w weights
      Strength: > 10🌷Legs
      Flex: >10🌷Standing Pilates 35 mins
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷7609
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷8
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷 meditation:✅ Write journal:
      🌷HIIT glutes/legs :sweat_smile:
      🌷do/hang out Fold/Put away laundry✅
      🌷Watch TV: ✅Puzzles:✅ crochet:✅

JFT Sun 28 June:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep:
      Meditation: 🌟Calm Being🌟
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30🌟Interval walk/jog
      Strength: > 10
      Flex: >10 🌟yoga stretches
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I get to do:
      🌷meditation:✅ Write journal:
      🌷HIIT glutes/legs :sweat_smile:
      🌷laundry - put away
      🌷Skype with family
      🌷Declutter - bathroom; writing desk
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
      🌷write on Birthday project for grandson
    • Kuhl50
      Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
      Daily habits: track😀, exercise, 😀journal😀
      Saturday Action Plan
      1. No alarm wake, pill, timer, weigh, pill, pets 😀
      2. Long walk before it gets too hot😀
      3. Breakfast = protein pancakes 😀
      4. Meal plan😀
      5. Grocery shop😀
      6. Lunch = left overs😀
      7. Make 3 salads👿—didn’t check this To Do list and I forgot!
      8. Roast chicken for salads😀
      9. Dinner = salad + chicken👿—but made MFP recipe for pork loin with sweet potatoes and onions, a favorite!
      10. Upstairs by 10😀
      11. Layout clothes😀
      12. Journal😀
      13. Meditate😀
      14. Lights out 10:45😀

I feared and unstructured weekend day, but luckily I gave myself enough to do that I didn’t end up binging. Now I have to decide drive to meet my DH and DDs over at the beach, or luxuriate in having the house to myself...2 very good options to choose from!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Sunday Action Plan
      1. Wake at 7,pill, timer,weigh
      2. Pets, make coffee, pill
      3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
      4. Make 3 salads
      5. Pack salad in cooler
      6. Start dishwasher
      7. Get dressed and out door by 8:30
      8. Exercise: walk on beach and/or kayaking
      9. Lunch = salad
      10. If come home: bills, trash, clothes bags
      11. Change out towels
      12. Dinner = grill?
      13. Upstairs by 9
      14. Layout clothes
      15. Journal
      16. Meditate
      17. Lights out 9:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
      One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating (through June)
      1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
      🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘
      🧘🧘🧘🧘🚫🚫🧘🧘🧘🧘
      🧘🧘🧘🚫🧘🧘🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for a peaceful, content household.

WOTY: Habits
    • Kuhl50
      Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
      @cesse47 Oh No. what a 2020 you’ve had. I’m so sorry. All I could think reading through was of a meme I read (not that my mom ever said this to me, but i thought it was funny):

“Is that offer still open to slap me into next year?”

I’m sure things will start to stabilize and you’ll feel better a year from now but I’m sorry you have to go through it all right now! 😢
    • cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      @suzij27 sorry to hear about oral surgery. Here are a few things I enjoyed: avocado, sloppy joes, meat balls, baked beans, cottage cheese with raspberries (no seeds).
    • cesse47
      Thanks everyone for your kind words and hugs! And, thanks for reading my whine!! LOL
    • cesse47
      JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

Tasks for Today ---
      Clean Litter Boxes
      Do Dishes
      Prune and Weed on West Perimeter of house
      Take trash and recyclables to outside bins
    • cesse47
      I lost my job on Wednesday. Leadership decided that based on revenue, they were eliminating my position. Since I had the least amount of seniority in the organization, it was me who was let go. So, I've been in a funk, trying to figure things out. I've been working for 43 years, and the last 30 years has been doing pretty much the same thing, so not sure what I'm going to do now at 60 years of age.

I tried to get on here but couldn't get in for a day or two, and then I stopped trying for a few days.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss. Are there organizations that will help you search for a new job? Or, are you on your own? Hang in There!!

When you log in and get a message that says there's a problem, click on the Community Tab to see if you can get to the Message Boards. That's worked most times for me. Then I can log food, exercise, etc. Just can't get to Home Page ... until they "fix" whatever the issue is.
    • jenwalkingfurther
      jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
      JFT - Saturday
      15k steps👍
      Log everything 👍
      Stay within calorie target 👍
      7hrs sleep👍
      Run! 👍

Late! But JFT - Sunday
      15k steps 👍
      Log everything
      Stay within calorie target