DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
75rzzpg1u3ks.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

JULY STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our July Step Challenge will be starting tomorrow, Sunday June 28th through Saturday Aug 1st!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for June.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving As best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

5ubvfhc1aoxc.png

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png
  • mari_moulin
    vaa96gojcw1o.png

Hello everyone! A new month is here and your team is still looking for a couple of motivators to help keep up team activity and motivation.

We are looking for active, motivated, consistent individuals to help your team through the new month.

What do you need to do? Well here it is...

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:

* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

Let Linda or I know if you are interested in helping out your team. ❤️

04lg8k2h2smc.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    mpy9jzpr6gvc.jpeg

JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Your team captains have been discussing ways to keep activity up within our team and have found a little self care challenge we could try.

We would love to hear how you did with each daily self care challenge. Post in here how you did, what you did, how you did it and even share a picture or two.

Staying healthy and fit is not always about food and exercise but also about our mental and emotional health. Take some time for yourself. Remember, SELF CARE is NOT SELFISH ❤️

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg

kmcmxqgcxg6c.jpeg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    @mari_moulin Please count me in again for the July step challenge.

Looking forward to the self-care challenge too.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    Welcome to the July challenge! My name is Linda and I am co captain with the wonderful @mari_moulin. We are here to support and offer you encouragement. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are also looking for some team motivators. Check out Mari’s post above.

I am 56, married, mother of 3 and have 3 beautiful granddaughters. I have 2 fur babies named Nick and Lady. I am originally from Newfoundland and now live in Southwestern Ontario.

I have been part of this group since February 2019. The challenge has been a great source of motivation. I have lost 63.2 pounds since starting with the group. The best way to get the most from the group is to participate in as many challenges as you can and check in with the group daily.

During the June challenge I reached my first short term goal of onderland. I am going to Scotland in October so I am going to set a new short term goal of 185 pounds by the end of September. I will break that down into 5 pound chunks in the next 3 months.

Stats
    5’4”
    SW 262.8
    CW 199.6
    LTD 63.2 pounds

July challenge goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum daily
    2. 10,000 steps/ day (new goal this month)
    3. Stay within calorie goal daily
    4. Drink 8 cups water daily
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm Sunday to Thursday
    6. Lose 5 pounds during July challenge
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    @mari_moulin please include me in the July step challenge.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week one
    Sunday
    P. W. 251
    C. W. 242
    L. T. D. 70
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Hi! We are almost in July!
    I have been having some trouble to get into the community lately.

I give my steps from this week:
    22 June 6.799 steps
    23 June 11.750 steps
    24 June 16.847 steps
    25 June 9.652 steps
    26 June 12.792 steps
    27 June 17.791 steps

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    mpy9jzpr6gvc.jpeg

JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Your team captains have been discussing ways to keep activity up within our team and have found a little self care challenge we could try.

We would love to hear how you did with each daily self care challenge. Post in here how you did, what you did, how you did it and even share a picture or two.

Staying healthy and fit is not always about food and exercise but also about our mental and emotional health. Take some time for yourself. Remember, SELF CARE is NOT SELFISH ❤️

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg

kmcmxqgcxg6c.jpeg

I find this a great idea.
    I use different tools. I love to sing out loud
    Dance with the feeling. When it rains I go out and I have a rain shower that charges my energy.
  • lindamtuck2018
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week one
    Sunday
    P. W. 251
    C. W. 242
    L. T. D. 70

Impressive loss this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    mpy9jzpr6gvc.jpeg

JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg

kmcmxqgcxg6c.jpeg

I find this a great idea.
    I use different tools. I love to sing out loud
    Dance with the feeling. When it rains I go out and I have a rain shower that charges my energy.

I love the rain shower! I used to walk in the rain years ago. It just made me feel new.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/27 9,769 @mari_moulin I will join the July step challenge

Overall yesterday was a pretty lazy day. I didn’t get my nap as the grandkids stayed until late afternoon. I am going to try and accomplish something today.

The pool I go to will not be opening to non residents at this point. I go to a pool and small gym that is part of a townhouse complex. My daughter lives there so the kids can go 2 days a week. It is sad because I normally spend a lot of time at the pool with them. I taught both my granddaughters how to swim.

I walked as soon as I got up this morning. Today I am going to be mindful of getting my water intake as our supper is a little higher in sodium than I would normally have.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 6/27: 21,123
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    News flash! Last minute new team member for you - @stephipeanut will be along shortly!
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2020

Username: michelleywardell
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 182.5
    CW (Current Weight): 181.4
    LTD (Loss to Date): 44.6
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 4/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 6/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine

Tasks for Today ---
    Clean Litter Boxes
    Do Dishes
    Prune and Weed on West Perimeter of house
    Take trash and recyclables to outside bins

Have a great day everyone!! 🌞
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    7ledwaxoctrc.gif
    h2qjdjz8vg36.png

crsaqcd5shpw.png
    3cpx0zn54yro.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1. Weight No More 0.59%
    2. Shrinking Assets 0.09%
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1. Weight No More 28.7 lbs
    2. Shrinking Assets 4.8 lbs
    3. Mission Slimpossibles 1.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1. @Ademann1 3.17%
    2. @cassiegetsfit2013 2.62%
    3. @timibotkin 2.17%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1. @timibotkin 6.2 lbs
    2. @Ademann1 6.0 lbs
    3. @cassiegetsfit2013 5.4 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @UCGRocks
    @888Angie888
    @raleighgirl09
    @SMcFall0215
    @trooworld
    @missGYST
    @Gidgetgoescrazy
    @Boehle

6pqffmehcsv2.png

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps 6/27: 21,123

Impressive steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    jugar wrote: »
    News flash! Last minute new team member for you - @stephipeanut will be along shortly!

Welcome to the team @stephipeanut!
This discussion has been closed.