Not losing

Hi I've been doing MFP for 3 weeks, every day I've stuck more or less to the calories. I also run 3 times a week. The scales haven't moved though, even though MFP says 'in 5 weeks you'll weigh...' any ideas?

Replies

• Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1

Also the "more or less" is going to have an impact and suggests not weighing things probably eyeballing etc . Try to commit to accurately logging for a few weeks before worrying
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited June 2020
    Be accurate and consistent in staying at your calorie deficit, NOT more or less calculating. Are you weighing everything you eat on a food scale?

PS..don't pay attention to the 5 week estimate.
  • scrowley531
    scrowley531 Posts: 2 Member
    Ok thanks. I will give it a try.
  • roger00022000
    roger00022000 Posts: 21 Member
    I know that this may seem counter productive, but I don't weigh anything. I keep track of what I eat, log what I eat based on what this system deems to be a "portion" and up or down the servings (not the size, but the number of portions.) Since I am not really trying to rapidly lose huge amounts of weight, or to become a body builder or marathon runner, this seems to work for me. I am gradually losing weight, and my daily activity as increased to the point that as long as my daily (estimated) calorie intake remains at or below what was determined to be enough for me (2070 cal/day) then I'm happy. I weigh myself periodically (multiple times a week) and keep a record of my weight with a chart that I update weekly on Saturdays before doing anything else. I have weight to lose, and time to do it so that it is not uncomfortable, and I am gradually going down. I'm healthy, happy and moving in the right direction, which is all the matters to me. For me, the only progress that matters is that what I weigh this saturday is equal to or less than what I weighed last week, and next week is lower than this week. To me, THAT is making progress.