Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) for July 2020

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    We invite you to join us for the July edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC)
    click the link here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137630-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2020
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm back for July! Even though I will need to leave near the end of the month for vacation, I still find it valuable enough to join for the beginning of the month. I've been part of the UAC since last August, and even though I've been in the Winner's Circle the past couple of months, I didn't make it this month. But that doesn't mean I dropped out-- which is a testament to the power of the UAC. It motivates me as a competitive person, but it also is made up of a supportive group of people who I feel accountable to-- but in a nice way :) Every is very friendly and supportive-- I'd encourage you to join!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    This challenge has become a way of life for me and if you want to be fitter, healthier and happier come and join us! 3 rules, no weigh in, support, lovely group, you will never be ridiculed for not making it to the much coveted winners circle, awesome challenge!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    If your looking for a great supportive group.youve come to the right place. Exellent leader and awesome group of people.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am intrigued. I do have a few questions, though:

1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    I usually do something most days, but Sundays, I generally use that as a rest day. I am following a HM walking plan, and that day is built in, my body needs that rest. How will this factor in here?
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    Is there a check of diaries or do we post what we have eaten each day, or honor system?
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    I have been a "average out" type of person. I may not be hungry on Monday, so my calories may be lower, but Wednesday, I may be ravenous or have an event (birthday etc), so I may go over a few. However, when the two days are averaged together, there isn't an overage. When I was losing weight (before I went off the rails!) before, this worked, and allowed me some freedom. But with this group, it is only a day-to-day thing?
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.
    Maybe I'll see when/if I join, but just wondering how the reporting goes & what it looks like.
  • RangerRickL
    Ultimate Accountability Challenge, July 2020
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND and emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
    The accountability is a daily report of:

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

Click this link to join us: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137630-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2020
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member

I usually do something most days, but Sundays, I generally use that as a rest day. I am following a HM walking plan, and that day is built in, my body needs that rest. How will this factor in here?
    Is there a check of diaries or do we post what we have eaten each day, or honor system?
    I have been a "average out" type of person. I may not be hungry on Monday, so my calories may be lower, but Wednesday, I may be ravenous or have an event (birthday etc), so I may go over a few. However, when the two days are averaged together, there isn't an overage. When I was losing weight (before I went off the rails!) before, this worked, and allowed me some freedom. But with this group, it is only a day-to-day thing?
    Maybe I'll see when/if I join, but just wondering how the reporting goes & what it looks like.

If you go to the FAQ's much will be answered in more detail but here's some

1) "daily exercise" = "intentional activity". Sunday would be your "active rest day" you might take a walk at a strolling pace rather than running, or only do stretches, (or clean the garage or do something else that you don't consider "working out"). The options are wide open.

2) Strictly honor system.

3) Details in the FAQ's . Keep in mind that "your chosen upper limit" might include eating every last one of your exercise calories if necessary. You may not tend to eat most of them, most days ...

4) reporting is as much or as little as suits you personally. it ranges from "3 x yes" to more details of positives and challenges.

and no one is EVER "eliminated" .... you could "not manage to meet one or more requirements" 4 or 10 or 23 times in one month ... but just keep at it, consider yourself "in training" for the next month, and know that you are becoming more self-aware and discovering / developing / strengthening sustainable habits and strategies that suit YOUR personality and situation. That takes time. Next month, aim for at least one less unintentional Pass Day used.

On the 1st of every month, everyone "reboots", has three available Pass Days, and works towards the external incentive of the next "Winner's Circle List".
  • RangerRickL
    @BMcC9 Thanks for answering those questions. I have been unable to sync with MFP for several hours.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    This is a great challenge if you need a buddy to cheer you on. We all need that little boost to get us started and keep us going. Since you are committing to exercise and maintain a calorie count it helps you to stay in check. For example a couple of days ago i really wasn't motivated to exercise. However knowing i was going to check in later with a report I went ahead and did my walk. Felt great and afterwards was so glad I did.
    This is a great group of caring people. Join us.
  • BMcC9
    This is a great challenge if you need a buddy to cheer you on. We all need that little boost to get us started and keep us going. Since you are committing to exercise and maintain a calorie count it helps you to stay in check. For example a couple of days ago i really wasn't motivated to exercise. However knowing i was going to check in later with a report I went ahead and did my walk. Felt great and afterwards was so glad I did.
    This is a great group of caring people. Join us.

Life Happens. Persistence and over-all trends should be your over-all perspective. In one-month-at-a-time chunks. With an eye to discovering what would be long-term realistic for you and your situation.

Celebration events are still to be celebrated (something that you PLAN to use or potentially use a pass day for )

Frantic times and sick-days or injuries may happen to throw you out of your successful routine (unintentional, unplanned pass days)

By continuing to check in with us, you have a way to own your choices - discover habitual trends you didn't even know you were doing - and come to realize that one unintentional bad day doesn't have to turn into a string of them.

Hope to see you soon.
  • BMcC9

Clarification:
    Tracking is for self-awareness purposes, and taken to mean that you logged everything as accurately as possible (good, indifferent, or otherwise) in your MFP food diary so that you KNOW whether you were under or over your "chosen limit of daily calories". Your diary privacy setting is 100% up to you and can be locked to "you only" or wide open if you would like to request feedback. If you didn't track it, you can't honestly be sure whether you were over or not.

If it has calories (including liquid calories) it "counts against your chosen limit". This way, you aren't tricking yourself into thinking you are eating something that "Doesn't count" or that your "single portion" is in reality 2.5 portions (and that many more calories) if the weight were compared with the nutritional info on the package. It also gives you a record to look back at later, to help notice trends that show up on "inadvertently over" days, or make informed decisions or how to make substitutions or modifications that you feel you can live with. There are no "bad / forbidden" foods (barring personal medical conditions / diagnosed food allergies)

But reporting on the "3 x yes/no" is 100% honor system.
  • RangerRickL
    @BMcC9 Thanks for helping!! I deeply appreciate you and your enthusiasm!
  • RangerRickL
    See lots of great team members testimonials above. We only promote our challenge the last week of each month.

Ultimate Accountability Challenge, July 2020
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND and emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
    The accountability is a daily report of:

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

Click this link to join us: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137630-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2020
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    hi id love to join too ill sign up fro July Kate x
  • Uzii1
    Uzii1 Posts: 104 Member
    Hi can I join
  • wishback
    wishback Posts: 24 Member
    Hi, I'm excited to do this challenge! Retirement, menapause and a pandemic were my perfect storm for gaining weight. I hope this will help me develope some good habits and get back in shape.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Thank you @BMcC9 and everyone else. Looks like I'll venture on over and give it a go. I was so good, but like @wishback said, there has been a perfect storm effect lately (retirement, moving cross country, starting college, injury and age!) with me too. Need to get accountable!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,949 Member
    Hi Friends!

All the UACers have done such a great job above that I’m not sure what to add!

I’ve been a member for 26 months (since April 2018), as I neared the end of my weight loss journey. UAC helped me lose my final & toughest 20 lbs.

Most importantly, UAC has been instrumental in my maintaining my weight loss of 70-72 lbs for The past 22 months❣️

Please join us! Your Future Self will thank you several times a day as your engrained UAC habits make losing & maintenance easier & more sustainable!

DO give yourself 1-3 months to practice and hone these habits. #NeverGiveUp!

We’re here for you!
  • RangerRickL
    @MadisonMolly2017 is right, the best reason to join us is the great and caring people who shared their stories above.
    Please read the many stories above. If that makes you interested, then click the link to join the July Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC).
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137630-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2020