Down 115lbs! (Excited & Unsure at the same time)

2»

Replies

• SamDuncan09
    SamDuncan09 Posts: 1 Member
    A massive well done, regardless of the clothing predicament just always be proud of what you've accomplished.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Wow! Congratulations! You look fabulous!

Yes, it can be weird trying to figure out what looks best on a completely different body... trying to find your new style... just be patient and keep trying things on every now and then. Eventually you’ll find things you like! Have fun shopping!!!!
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    I'm looking forward to a cute/sexy LBD! Little black dress.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Take time to enjoy your success. It is weird and somewhat unexpected, that buying clothes in different styles and sizes to flatter a smaller figure is actually difficult. years and decades of buying dark clothes to hide fat is hard! I understand. But, you will ..in time ..make the shift. In the meantime..don't let that challenge ruin the fact that you've accomplished so much..are so healthy and look amazing.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    You look amazing congratulations!!
    Wear your confidence with a smile :)

When I am in between sizes Ill wait till old navy has a sale and buy some jeans, basic ts and a few work blazers in x size. Its new but not expensive this way. You can keep changing them out and dressing them up with jewelry and scarfs or down for a weekend.
    When I've learnt to size myself properly I like to thrift and shop on poshmark for higher quality pieces, however it took me some time to realize that yes I do fit in Whatever X size.
    Good luck and enjoy:)
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    One year I bought a fashion mag after the September fashion shows and then I went through them
    All and dog eared the ones I like. Then I went back through and realized I like structure w ultra feminine stuff. (Leather and lace anyone?). Not saying that is the only way to do it but it helped me have focus. That and work out wear. ALL the athletic apparel! 😂👍🏼🙌🏼 Good work!
  • kedwards4267
    kedwards4267 Posts: 21 Member
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration! You look amazing and you should be very proud of yourself.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Fantastic job!! I think going shopping is going to freak you out for a bit but just enjoy trying things on seeing what you like and develop your own new style! You look fabulous! Absolute inspiration for others
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hmm, perhaps try an app like Pinterest?

That way, you can get a sense of your personal style tendencies before spending the time and money shopping.

This approach can work at every size.

I have boards with notes for items I want (from formal to casual outfits or pieces, to shoes, to workout gear and accessories) and items I've purchased.
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Vdubz27 wrote: »
    mc62412 wrote: »
    Good job. It’s not easy so be super proud and explore ! 😬 when did you start your transformation. I just started mine in April.

I started mine back in 2016 very slowly. Took about 3 years to lose 50 lbs at first. Then in sept 2019 I kicked it up and have been super motivated since!

That’s great ! Way to go.
  • adrianey
    adrianey Posts: 3 Member
    The best thing to do regardless of size, is try on things that make your heart happy. You see someone wearing an outfit on the street, magazine etc. just try and find it or similar items and put them on. I find that every time you will be amazed by what the inner you finds beautiful, comfortable and out of your normal comfort zone. On occasion you will need that extra push to just try it so here are my words for that, " When you walk with your head held high and your confidence is soaring you will look friggin amazing in anything even a crumpled paperbag, its the confidence that sells any look."
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    great accomplishment! Unless you are at your goal weight, what I did was go to Goodwill. It has TONS of new and slightly used clothing. Pants are $4, shirts/blouses $2, accessories are WAY less expensive than even WalMart. Once I'm at my goal weight for a number of months I may go back to "regular" retail stores and get my permanent wardrobe. Or I might keep having fun by visiting Goodwill (or other resale shops) to get cool new (to me) stuff.
  • TNTDeb34
    TNTDeb34 Posts: 1 Member
    You look fantastic! A great role model for all of us. You have worked hard and deserve to buy yourself something new and enjoy the new you :)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    You'll get used to the "new you" in time. Just go with the flow...You look wonderful! All of your hard work shows. Isn't that the best part of losing weight? Your determination is obvious. Congratulations!

Eventually, clothes shopping will have a new normal. Buy what makes you feel good about yourself. Just don't let these feelings make you start eating again. :s
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Yeah! It is a nice problem to have. 😋

My advice is to take your time. Start out with a few bottoms and tops, basics. Try on anything you like but be critical of what actually fits well and works for your lifestyle. Don’t buy fancy outfits if you are more of a homebody. Because there are so many options available to you now you may be tempted to buy everything that’s cute and fits. If you have a good friend or family member that is objective and has a fashion sense, bring them along. I usually need a second opinion and if I ask a sales associate, but only about half the time will you get a truthful (sincere) answer.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Vdubz27 wrote: »
    This goal is huge for me!
    But I also find myself struggling with this new “identity” beyond the plus size section.
    I am now wearing a large shirt which I probably haven’t done since middle school.
    It seems like a world of shopping options have opened up but I’m more confused than ever!

Anyone else? Tips?

Here I am!

@Vdubz27

There is a thread in my larger losers group called "Fat Brain" and it is very specifically about the struggles with your mental state catching up with your new physical state. The reality is that even though weight loss takes a long time for many of use it is a fraction of the time we were heavy. I am, personally, adjusting to a weight I have not been at for 33 years. Over that time I learned to live with my ever increasing limitations... they became my normal. I had a TON of mental baggage and it has taken time to unload most of it.

It is a sometimes fun and sometimes daunting process to adjust to your new reality. Some people will dismiss it as a trivial because they can't imagine how this could be a "real" problem but it can make you feel a little lost at times.

I am still not very accustomed to wearing nicer clothes. It didn't help that when I finally started investing more money in clothes the country locked down and I had nowhere to wear any of them.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    Regardless of your size, whatever that may be, I've found one thing to be true (and I have been many different sizes over my adult life). Well made clothes make you look so much better than poorly designed/cheaply made clothes. Spend the extra money to purchase better tailored clothing. You will look even more amazing and will feel great for it. Your worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!