Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

New products that caught your eyes recently?

1110111021104110611071132

Replies

  • NathansMommy429NathansMommy429 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    4ddnh82aloc5.png

    UMMMMMMMMMM

    THIS stuff is so GOOD! Incredibly sweet and tastes just like drinking liquid cotton candy! I try to stay away from it but every now and then..
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,765 Member Member Posts: 5,765 Member
    4ddnh82aloc5.png

    UMMMMMMMMMM

    THIS stuff is so GOOD! Incredibly sweet and tastes just like drinking liquid cotton candy! I try to stay away from it but every now and then..

    Wish they made a sugar free/diet version!
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 24,285 Member Member Posts: 24,285 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    This was sooo good!


    ryq04hqdkneq.jpg

    Ok. Again, I am fine with these began options. What I do have a huge problem with is the labelling. Even if this was available here I would never buy this for that reason alone.

    The above is not tuna. This is tuna.


    Out of curiosity, how would you find it acceptable for a brand to communicate that this is a food designed to replicate the taste and texture of tuna?

    I'm not sure who the question was referring to, but if it was to me I can explain easy. First, curious as to what the alternatives actually taste like and I wanted a quick snack that was under 100 calories and easy. Second, it is easy. I have been a plant based pescatarianfor years. Due to ethical, enviornmental and some health reasons pertaining to metals, mercury autoimmune) Ihave been vegan. As a vegan,I do not eat any fake- meat- egg replacementssimply because I just don't want it. Seafood I do like. So it was interesting to see.
    As a huge past consumer of fish, it did have a similar satiated to the tuna packets I used to get- quite frankly it was denser and more filling. It was befinately nothing but I cansee the connection. Anyway I enjoyed it.

    Someone said he would never buy it because he dislikes the name, that it shouldn't be called "tuna." I don't understand how he would prefer have a brand communicate that this is a product designed to remind people of tuna.

    No idea, not my job.

    Milkless milk.
    Meatless meat.
    FIshless fish.

    Makes sense to me.

    If you can't imagine any type of marketing for the product that rouse your ire, I'm thinking that says more about you than the marketing of the product. It's a simple way to communicate that the food is designed to remind the eater thinking of tuna. Same with plant milks or meatless meat. It's the fastest way to communicate what the product is meant to be used for.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,113 Member Member Posts: 1,113 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Mom! Dad! Stop fighting!

    Go to your room!!!!
    Mom and dad arent fighting, this is adults talking lol we both love you very very much... but daddy a bit more.

    :D:D:D

    THIS is silliness at its best ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,765 Member Member Posts: 5,765 Member
    cgupup4y7edg.jpeg
    These are really good! Nice serving size for 200 calories. My favorite was the morning jump. Loved the mix of almond blueberries and chocolate. They are like chocolate nut clusters but have added protein (8g per pack). I liked them a lot more than I expected. I ate 4 packs at once they were so good, lol.

    I got them free with rebate on amazon! Definitely worth trying for free.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,765 Member Member Posts: 5,765 Member
    They are offering free rebate via visa gift card after item ships when you purchase on amazon :smiley: I just ordered yesterday and got my gift card today!


    https://www.facebook.com/1841639076156161/posts/2663451063974954/

    tlur1q79wy22.png
    edited June 28
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 24,285 Member Member Posts: 24,285 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    This was sooo good!


    ryq04hqdkneq.jpg

    Ok. Again, I am fine with these began options. What I do have a huge problem with is the labelling. Even if this was available here I would never buy this for that reason alone.

    The above is not tuna. This is tuna.


    Out of curiosity, how would you find it acceptable for a brand to communicate that this is a food designed to replicate the taste and texture of tuna?

    I'm not sure who the question was referring to, but if it was to me I can explain easy. First, curious as to what the alternatives actually taste like and I wanted a quick snack that was under 100 calories and easy. Second, it is easy. I have been a plant based pescatarianfor years. Due to ethical, enviornmental and some health reasons pertaining to metals, mercury autoimmune) Ihave been vegan. As a vegan,I do not eat any fake- meat- egg replacementssimply because I just don't want it. Seafood I do like. So it was interesting to see.
    As a huge past consumer of fish, it did have a similar satiated to the tuna packets I used to get- quite frankly it was denser and more filling. It was befinately nothing but I cansee the connection. Anyway I enjoyed it.

    Someone said he would never buy it because he dislikes the name, that it shouldn't be called "tuna." I don't understand how he would prefer have a brand communicate that this is a product designed to remind people of tuna.

    No idea, not my job.

    Milkless milk.
    Meatless meat.
    FIshless fish.

    Makes sense to me.

    If you can't imagine any type of marketing for the product that rouse your ire, I'm thinking that says more about you than the marketing of the product. It's a simple way to communicate that the food is designed to remind the eater thinking of tuna. Same with plant milks or meatless meat. It's the fastest way to communicate what the product is meant to be used for.

    Please do explain this to me like im 5 so that I miss a point here.

    I'm really not trying to explain anything to you like you're five, so I apologize for that. I'm more trying to understand what kind of marketing wouldn't raise ire from non-vegans here.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,877 Member Member Posts: 4,877 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Mom! Dad! Stop fighting!

    Go to your room!!!!
    Mom and dad arent fighting, this is adults talking lol we both love you very very much... but daddy a bit more.

    I'm still waiting for mom to weigh in. I'm hoping to make bank on this fight thing.

    Or...you could just cook for me forever and ever and ever cuz...damn! :)
  • GreenValliGreenValli Member Posts: 1,015 Member Member Posts: 1,015 Member
    wait... these were a thing???
    v1j1a2wg6zl7.png

    I am watching for these!
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 3,326 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,326 Member
    A new to me product: smoked salt

    How come no said anything!?

    I had some today on salted caramel ice cream (Natrel's lactose-free brand) and I was very pleased with the state of the universe. I have also tried it with caramel toffee. Perhaps using it for non-dessert food is in order too?

    vfwpm29ww072.jpg

    Apparently available on Amazon, I got my box at the local farmer's market a few weeks ago.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,820 Member Member Posts: 7,820 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    A new to me product: smoked salt

    How come no said anything!?

    I had some today on salted caramel ice cream (Natrel's lactose-free brand) and I was very pleased with the state of the universe. I have also tried it with caramel toffee. Perhaps using it for non-dessert food is in order too?

    vfwpm29ww072.jpg

    Apparently available on Amazon, I got my box at the local farmer's market a few weeks ago.

    I tried this a few years ago, and it is a staple in my cupboard - my local store sells it. Being 'pleased with the state of the universe' is SOOO accurate when having flaked sea salt on ice cream!😛
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 3,326 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,326 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Go to IKEA. They have 4 jar mix set for $5 of flaky smoked / flavour salt. Really good stuff.

    While I try to avoid the place, I'll make the effort for this lol Thanks for the suggestion!

  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,820 Member Member Posts: 7,820 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Go to IKEA. They have 4 jar mix set for $5 of flaky smoked / flavour salt. Really good stuff.

    While I try to avoid the place, I'll make the effort for this lol Thanks for the suggestion!

    This would be worth going...thanks indeed!
  • thelastnightingalethelastnightingale Member, Premium Posts: 416 Member Member, Premium Posts: 416 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    A new to me product: smoked salt

    How come no said anything!?

    I had some today on salted caramel ice cream (Natrel's lactose-free brand) and I was very pleased with the state of the universe. I have also tried it with caramel toffee. Perhaps using it for non-dessert food is in order too?

    vfwpm29ww072.jpg

    Apparently available on Amazon, I got my box at the local farmer's market a few weeks ago.

    This looks dangerous. I could eat a box of regular Maldon's as it is, I don't want to find out what my reaction is to their smoked salt! Honestly, it's only the knowledge that too much salt is bad for me that keeps me from snacking on salt flakes. If I didn't know better, I totally would.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,637 Member Member Posts: 4,637 Member
  • oocdc2oocdc2 Member Posts: 1,307 Member Member Posts: 1,307 Member
    ta0rf9yxz0z2.png
    why.

    It's times like these I want to be a fly on the wall at R&D...who the *kitten* thought this would a good food product?
  • cdudley628cdudley628 Member Posts: 544 Member Member Posts: 544 Member
    ta0rf9yxz0z2.png
    why.

    I'm so confused as to what this is? A fizzy slushie yogurt?? What even?
Sign In or Register to comment.