TRIMSTONES Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    WEEK ONE - HEALTHY HABIT

Here's mine folks...

On Saturday mornings I used to hate getting out of bed after a long, hard week of work, not enough sleep and probably too much wine on Friday night. I'd stay in my bed or on the couch playing on my phone.

In December I decided to break that habit and replace it with a healthy one. Now on Saturday mornings I go for a bike ride with my husband. We cycle around our town, taking in the scenic routes, and shout "good morning" at everyone we see. Around 95% of people shout good morning back. It makes us happy, it makes other people smile, and it works off some of the Friday wine calories too 😁
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    A healthy habit I want to focus on is # getting outside for atleast 15 mins each day rain or shine with my toddler. Hoping this helps me get more vit d; helps my steps and more importantly helps my toddler learn the importance of being outside daily.
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Thank you for the clarification. I'm good with everything! Thanks for being so patient with me as I get the knack.

This week my goal is to eat anything I eat at the dining room table. I find my least satisfying eating is done away from the table when I'm not really focusing on what I'm eating, but on watching a movie, reading, working.

Also, I'm happy to build my friends' group, so feel free to send me an invitation.
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    6/29 steps: 4,250
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    I'm breathing a slight sigh of relief as I am not the last one joining the step challenge. It does mean that I need to do laundry today!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »
    6/29 steps: 4,250

@ShredWeek1 I signed you up for the Step Team since you sent your steps in for the 29th. If you have the 28th, please send it, as our month of stats began on Sunday, the 28th. Also, what would you like to set for your daily step goal? It's not something you have to reach daily...just what you'd like to strive for...I usually say it should be reachable but push you a little :smile:

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    I'm breathing a slight sigh of relief as I am not the last one joining the step challenge. It does mean that I need to do laundry today!

@kmfeig87 Yes, you are NOT the naked walker for July! LOL Anyone want to step up and join for July?!! Yes, if you're last, you can wear a fig leaf...position it carefully!
    Jessica
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Jax_Grim Congrats! 👏 That was lots of hard labor! Your fence looks great!! 💪
  • Arc130
    Arc130
    Steps
    Sunday 6/28- 14641
  • Arc130
    A healthy habit that I've been able to stick to is to drink mostly water or unsweetened tea instead of any sugary drinks. Occasionally I may have a sugary drink like a glass of soda or juice, but for the most part, I drink water.
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    My recent healthy habit is cutting back on the artificial sweeteners.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    mynacha73 wrote: »
    @jen_967 no DBS yet, tho Dad had it recently for his PD and has had great results. I'm not quite ready for it yet for my ET, but I've started the process of learning about it.

So glad your Dad has seen great results. IT's life changing. I had my right side done last September. I'm returning Wednesday for my left side.
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    29/6. 9,717 steps

I considered walking the missing few hundred steps around the bedroom but ... 😉
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    6/29 steps - 15,285
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    6/29 9,016
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    So after vacation I still had 2 days off. 100% intended to workout, so what do I do? 7am om my 1st off day, I put a new 5 gallon jug on our water dispenser and got it on just fine but went to straighten myself after getting it on and the whole left side of my back knotted up, and I couldnt move. I'm moving now but so sore, ugh.

I've done something similar before. Its the most sore I had been in my life. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
  • Arc130
    Arc130
    Steps
    Monday 6/29- 10177
  • Arc130
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    So after vacation I still had 2 days off. 100% intended to workout, so what do I do? 7am om my 1st off day, I put a new 5 gallon jug on our water dispenser and got it on just fine but went to straighten myself after getting it on and the whole left side of my back knotted up, and I couldnt move. I'm moving now but so sore, ugh.

Ouch!! I hope you feel better soon!
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Been doing good on week 1 healthy habit of getting outside everyday. Been for 30 min walks Mon and Tue.
This discussion has been closed.