Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Monday 29 June

My mum died in the early hours of Sunday so no goals from me on Sunday or today. I will post goals tomorrow.

Take care of you for us. You are important and loved by many. My condolences on your loss.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    @ZizzyBumble I’m so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. Allow others to help you where they can. ❤️

@cesse47 Thank you for suggesting sloppy joes. I made some tonight and it was a great change of pace. (I used ground turkey, not ground beef, and didn’t add any brown sugar or sweetener.)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run 6 miles. 1 hr reading
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: leftovers. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup? 1 hr writing: letter to B. Garden 3-8.
    6. Color! 1 hr Google certification.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Wed book group. Thu play practice. W 10-3 3, R off 6, F 10-6 bike/walk, S 10-6 bike/walk, N 3-8 3, M off 10, T off 3. Check with PCP about SHBP screening. Loyal Tea before play practice Thursday. Thursday visit parents - take photos. Need to begin working on Google certification! Fri Jul 3 Hamilton. Blood work Thursday AM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. @SERmom3 - I have NOT seen Hamilton before! We have a thriving local theater community in my area so I go to a lot of community shows. I don't think I've been to a professional show in... actually I don't know how long! As a teacher I get "summer brain" and I have trouble keeping track of what day it is ;D
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Monday Action Plan
    1. Up by 6,pill, timer, weigh😀
    2. Pets, shower, pill😀
    3. Breakfast =yogurt +Kashi😀
    4. On video by 0728😀
    5. Weights before lunch😀
    6. Lunch = salad + chicken😀
    7. Walk after lunch😀
    8. Dinner = “tv dinner”😀
    9. Notary☹️—paperwork still not fixed/ready
    10. ATM 👿
    11. Bills👿
    12. Figure out Tuesday workout slot😀
    13. Upstairs by 9🤨—I get to sleep in tomorrow so got upstairs later...
    14. Layout clothes😀
    15. Journal😀
    16. Meditate ☹️
    17. Lights out 9:45👿

Today was a bit off. I went to bed feeling odd, woke up feeling a bit sick. Started coughing in the shower and seriously considered getting a COVID test. But wasn’t worse by evening, so hoping it’s just extra dramatic allergies. But I did have a mid-day binge from feeling “wrong” and I really struggled to get my work done. Contained the binge and ate my lunch and dinner pretty normal. All told I’m not green, but I think I’m under maintenance. Crossing fingers for tomorrow!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up by 0730,pill, timer, weigh, pill
    2. Walk
    3. weights
    4. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
    5. At desk by 0900
    6. Lunch = salad + chicken
    7. Call to get paperwork fixed
    8. Dinner = left overs
    9. Notary
    10. ATM
    11. Bills
    12. Upstairs by 9
    13. Layout clothes
    14. Journal
    15. Meditate
    16. Lights out 9:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
    One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating (through June)
    1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘
    🧘🧘🧘🧘🚫🚫🧘🧘🧘🧘
    🧘🧘🧘🚫🧘🧘🧘🧘🚫

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for a peaceful, content household.

WOTY: Habits
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Catching up here...
    @PackerFanInGB Sorry to hear about your job loss. No matter how it happens (gently or surprise) it’s a blow. I hope you find your way forward—new job, or just new life focus—quickly so you can find a new routine and contentment.

@azulvioleta6 Hi! Sounds like you’re somewhat north of me, geographically. Thank you for keeping those important programs going. I’m sure the people like you who make it happen behind the scenes are never as appreciated as you deserve. And I hope you can find some other online classes that might appeal...you’re doing the right thing by staying indoors to keep safe.

Hugs and best wishes to everyone else. It’s been a hard first half of 2020. Let’s hope for better luck in the second half!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I'm seeing so many brilliant goals above... Today's commitment is to stick to my calories. Simple. I'm just going for one goal, but it feels like a difficult goal today, hence writing it down.

I've woken up early and feeling hungry, have eaten twice as much as I normally would and substantially earlier. Ugh. I'm going to suffer for that later... I did eat slightly under yesterday, so maybe that's prompted it, but I think it's more likely the lack of sleep. My weight does not deal well with sleep deprivation...

I figured if my body was hungry, I should feed it. Just means I have to be really careful for the rest of the day to stay within my allowance. Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so Tuesday is not a day to go off the rails! ;)
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    JFT Tuesday: log everything, stay in the green.

@ZizzyBumble I’m so sorry to hear about your mum, I can’t imagine how sad that must be.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member
    @ZizzyBumble , I am so sorry to read of your Mum's passing, many sympathies and hugs to you.

JFT Monday 29th June

Log everything did until evening
    Stay in the green no
    Back exercises no
    5 fruit and veg 5
    Walk 20 minutes, bad weather
    Make shower curtain no, ironed the pieces, and now I'm walking round about them on the floor

Yesterday was not good, I got myself into a right grump. Ate ok until evening when I demolished around half a tube of crisps. I only stopped because I knew it could cause me stomach problems if I kept eating them. Really feeling the strain of everything right now, just want to go to bed and hide!

JFT Tuesday 30th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Walk
    Parents weekly shop
    Pay parents bills
    Complete paperwork for business
    Load car for trip tomorrow
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    I need to be quick this morning, but @ZizzyBumble I am so sorry about your mom 💖💖.

Yesterday 6/29

1. Pay attention to hunger levels and listen 😞
    2. Get 30 minutes of some kind of activity/movement😁
    3. Finish work by 5:30😑
    4. Cook dinner😞
    5. Do some sort of cleaning😞 I did not feel well yesterday

JFT 6/30

1. Pay attention to hunger levels and listen
    2. Get 30 minutes of some kind of activity/movement
    3. Finish work by 5:30
    4. Do workout
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Monday: all things logged
    Tuesday: log everything
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    BIG hugs to everyone. Seems like a really tough week across the board.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink water each time at the sink
    3. Eat when hungry/stop when full
    4. Wash face/brush teeth am
    5. Write chore goals on fridge
    6. Order groceries
    7. Call meme
    8. Wash face/brush teeth PM
    9. Bed by 1030
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @ZizzyBumble - I’m so sorry about your mom. She was lucky to have you taking care of her. 💕

MONDAY:
    - Log everything / stay green🔴
    - Exercise🔴
    - Meal plan / grocery list🟢 shopping ✔️
    - Housework🟢
    - E - book club meeting @ 9🟢
    - S - softball practice @ 6:15🔴 - cancelled
    - Prep July budget🟢
    - Continue clearing gmail🟢

Rain, rain, rain! We hadn’t had any rain for weeks and now we’re stuck under a cloud for the next few days. My kids are normally outside all day, so this is a challenge. I think I’m driving up to the beach this afternoon just to park and have a picnic in the car. Anything to break up the day.

JFT TUESDAY:
    - Log everything / stay green
    - Exercise (weights)
    - Laundry / housework
    - E softball practice...might get cancelled
    - Continue clearing gmail
    - Close out June budget

Be well! 💕
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    For today, Monday 6/29 (yesterday)
    1. Run errands from last week. Get car inspected and reregistered. ✅
    2. Record everything on MFP and stay in the green.👎 I went slightly over.
    3. Write in my journal.✅
    4. Be kind to myself and others. ✅
    5. Clean off kitchen table and counters. Too many papers stacked up! ✅

I just have not been feeling well and it is frustrating and that has bled into not sleeping well. Is it the medicine I’m taking? Allergies? The food I’m eating?

For today, Tuesday 6/30 . Take care of myself!!
    1. Eat familiar foods in smaller amounts more frequently and see if that helps.
    2. Exercise - walk for a minimum of 30 min.
    3. Take a nap this afternoon if I am tired.
    4. Write in my journal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    @ZizzyBumble - So sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    JFT - Tuesday June 30
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

I didn't post goals yesterday, it was a terrible day work wise that started even before the clock struck 8. I am hoping that today is better. I came to work instead of using a sick day so that's something.

There was a lot I wanted to comment on, but didn't make notes thinking I would remember. I got distracted and now don't remember.

My cousin that was told she had skin cancer at the end of April had some good news yesterday, they got all of the cancer. They were concerned that it had gotten into the soft tissues in her throat but it was clear! She has one more reconstruction surgery on July 13 and then should be able to start the healing process.

I hope everyone has a great day.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    JFT Monday
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Protein Bar for breakfast :( Didn't feel good
    - Figure out CUSUM Loop for FMC :smiley:
    - Do trial run for method I developed and see if it works... :smiley:
    - Lunch under 400cal :smiley: Only had a pear
    - Log Everything :smiley:
    - Stay Green :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - No candy/cookies :smiley:
    - Peleton :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :(

Have an awesome day y'all!

Tuesday is club ride day, and I really want to go, but I'm tanked. I've hit it fairly hard recently and my legs are just heavy and slow. Not a great combo for riding. I've also been a little queasy the last few days so calories have been low. Also NOT good for riding. I'll try to work on healthy calories today and hope I perk up by evening.

Tomorrow we leave for our camping/white water trip in PA, so there will be some laundry and packing this evening. I like when my Tuesday is like a Friday!

JFT Tuesday

- Work on calculations for new test
    - Call photographer to set up Sierra's senior pictures
    - Get in at least 800 calories before ride - damn, forgot my lunch.
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol
    - No candy/cookies
    - Club ride, just a few hills, but they are sizable. Anytime the road has the word Ridge in it's name it's a clue.
    - Dinner with the club post ride
    - Load vehicles for trip
    - Bed by 12:00

Have a great day y'all!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Tuesday:
    1. Take at least one outdoor walk
    2. Track liquids--drink at least 8C water
    3. Finish grocery list for personal shopper
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    So many on here with so many struggles .. hugs to you all. As they say, we are all in this together. 2020 is a challenging year. About the only thing we can control is our own health.

Goals today will be simple again,
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go for a walk. Its raining now, but hoping tonite to get out.