Foods that are ripoffs

13»

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    oh, and any and all dry cereals - I quit buying boxed cereal ages ago because a single serving doesn't even come close to filling me up and I'll be starving again within an hour. I'd need probably 4 or 5 servings just to feel satisfied, so I stick to other things for breakfast. Though old fashioned rolled oats and quick grits do well in keeping me satisfied for a single serving.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    oh, and any and all dry cereals - I quit buying boxed cereal ages ago because a single serving doesn't even come close to filling me up and I'll be starving again within an hour. I'd need probably 4 or 5 servings just to feel satisfied, so I stick to other things for breakfast. Though old fashioned rolled oats and quick grits do well in keeping me satisfied for a single serving.

I have half a serving of cereal with my unsweetened soya yoghurt, a handful of pumpkin seeds & chia seeds and a large handful of berries (all weighed, of course). More filling, but the cereal definitely is not a waste then. A full serving with milk - yeah, forget that.

Pasta is my big disappointment, but I've started doing half-and-half with courgetti so that I reduce the calories and carbs but still have some pasta on my plate.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    jacqQ2017 wrote: »
    Alcohol, oil. Not saying I never use either but I generally prefer to spend my calories elsewhere.
    alcohol-free beer can be pretty low-cal. Not sure if you're in the UK but I like Brewdogs' Punk AF & Nanny State, and the budweiser 0% is alright too.

I loathe beer. I will have a rum and coke or a fruit drink occasionally but it's a couple times a month so ultimately not hard to fit in. But it I have to choose between creme brulee and a mojito? Creme brulee wins.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited June 2020
    Chips, beer, creamy dressings, milk chocolate, plain potatoes, store-bought bread, ice-cream with no mix-ins, cheese on salads or burgers, and regular mayo are usually not worth the calories.

Calorie-dense foods that I DEFINITELY find worth the calories: peanut butter (fave food), clear liquor (for that drunk experience :D ), dark chocolate, sweet potatoes, homemade fresh bread, bacon, high-quality ice-cream with exciting flavors/mix-ins, avocado, and dark-meat chicken (chicken thighs, etc).