June 16 - June 30: where have you been and where are you going?

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
Share your goals for the second half of June!

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    204.4 now....gonna try to be 202 by June 30! Trying to inch my way down to the 190s.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,578 Member
    My goal is to have a loss this month. So far I'm still just up and down 1 or 2 lbs. Got to get to were I'm not eating my burned caleries. So that my body will decide to loose.
  • MsAdventure19
    So I’ve been struggling with goal setting for these two weeks - I’ll be relocating to Southern Africa (where I work) and this is going to involve some extended travel time beginning next week followed by a 14 day quarantine that won’t wrap up until July 10th. During all of this I am going to have much less control over my food choices and my daily routines are going to have to shift dramatically. All of my exercise practices revolve around being out and about hiking and biking and that won’t be possible. Yikes!!

I thought about setting a goal of just trying to maintain my current weight for the next month or so, but I’ve been doing so well and it feels sad to let that go. So, I think I’m going to settle on a goal of moving from 197.5 to 196 - it’s less weight loss and maybe I can still make it happen despite everything.

We’ll see!
  • MsAdventure19
    Hello! I hope everyone is doing well and seeing some progress towards goals. I haven’t had access to a scale for a little bit, which is kind of weird and interesting. But I have been making good food choices and getting some exercise (though not as much as usual), so I feel pretty good about how things are going. Hope things are going well for everyone else, too!
  • tmbg1
    I'm down to 203 so far. I had one off day at shake shack but I don't feel bad because I was celebrating having my family all together.
  • cannmom
    cannmom Posts: 18 Member
    Hi all! I'm new to the group. I want to be finally below 220 by the beginning of July.
  • tmbg1
    cannmom wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new to the group. I want to be finally below 220 by the beginning of July.

Welcome! Here's hoping we can all reach our goals!
  • MsAdventure19
    cannmom wrote: »

Yes, welcome!! We do a lot of goals by two week/half a month increments. For me it’s really helpful to set a short term goal, share with some other people, and work towards it. This process definitely helps me feel less overwhelmed and more successful - I hope it helps you, too. Glad you’re here!

• tmbg1
    Well it's June 30 and I'm steady at 203. I didn't make my goal but I am still heading in the right direction. I had family in town and did some celebrating so I'm glad I was able to not gain! These mini-goals are keeping me on track!
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Well it's June 30 and I'm steady at 203. I didn't make my goal but I am still heading in the right direction. I had family in town and did some celebrating so I'm glad I was able to not gain! These mini-goals are keeping me on track!

That’s great! I think it’s fine to recognize times when maintaining is a realistic goal and that this is a marathon not a sprint. I know for me, if I can’t take a reasonable break every now and then and give myself some grace To splurge on a meal or take a day off from exercise, I’ll eventually give up all together. I’m glad you have yourself some space to enjoy your family without overdoing it!
  • MsAdventure19
    Ok - the day is here and despite all the potential obstacles of travel and quarantine, I did get to 196. I still think it might just be dehydration. But I’ll take it!