40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    I've gone for an hour walk before work the past 2 weeks; great way to start the day!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Deadlifts, and squats today. Working my way back up the mountain. Meanwhile, checking around for a bench as a back up plan.

Aahh... deadlifts and squats...I haven't done "real" ones since early March! My "heavy" bar at home

I am starting over and trying to cope with my strength loss.

Was supposed to compete in May and for obvious reasons it was postponed to November. I'm now on a ramp up program to get back on track.

Today is day 2 and I can't feel anything on my body. Thank goodness for Godsmack, Disturbed and The Hu as those guitars gave me the inner strength i needed to push through.

Has your gym reopened? Do you a plan in mind for when you return?

We will reach the mountain tops once again.

• caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids, Happy Monday.
    My body is in shock for sure. I REALLY DISLIKE MY COACH RIGHT NOW!!!!LOL . The ramp up program is DEFINITELY a shock to my entire body. I had no idea sandbags were so darn heavy. I am happy as a pig in mud to be back at the gym. The Hu, Godsmack and Disturbed was the playlist of choice to keep me in the ZONE.
    I am pooped.
    Have a good night kids
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    My "gym" is at work, and I'm not at work. I don't know if they will open it to staff when we go back, just because it will be one more area to be sanitized I have no idea what to expect, so I'm just doing Sydney Cummings "summertime fine 2.0" 12 week program plus whatever cardio I want to add. If there is another program online that would be better, please share!
  • gam3rguy
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 2: Legs"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey kids, Happy Monday.
    My body is in shock for sure. I REALLY DISLIKE MY COACH RIGHT NOW!!!!LOL . The ramp up program is DEFINITELY a shock to my entire body. I had no idea sandbags were so darn heavy. I am happy as a pig in mud to be back at the gym. The Hu, Godsmack and Disturbed was the playlist of choice to keep me in the ZONE.
    I am pooped.
    Have a good night kids

That comment made me laugh, Kym. 😁 We used to make jokes at boot camp sessions about how much we hated the trainer. Loudly. So he could hear us. It was all in good fun, but he knew he was pushing us to work harder.

• gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
    yesterday afternoon I banged out "T25 GAMMA Rip't Up"!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    My coach SUCKS.....LOL, my body feels as if I've never worked out in my life. How are the rest of you feeling that went back to the gym? With the resurgence in cases, I'm nervous this hard work could be short term.
    Have an awesome evening.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Drink lots of water, caramel!

I have been lifting throughout the Pandemic (...my gym closed and so I worked out from home....my gym is still closed and I doubt I will be comfy going back until a vaccine arrives years from now...). I don’t lift as often because my home gym is in a basement room, which I find claustrophobic. But I do force myself to go and lift at least two x per week.

Our new house, whenever it is finished, will also place the workout room in the basement. But NO walls will be in that basement and LOTS of light. So, hopefully I can find the lifting experience less traumatic and more exhilarating.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Did a kettlebell circuit Wednesday. Still sore today. Got to get back on a regular workout schedule.
  • gam3rguy
    Gym is open. Banged out chest, shoulders and tris yesterday...legs today!
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Starting T25 tonight. Wish me luck!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Good luck! I just tried T25 gamma recently. I completed alpha and beta a few years ago.
    I ran at the park today. It was hotter than I like, but it was also intermittently windy, so that helped a little.
  • AllPositive1
    7hmqi0s5cbh2.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Banged out some back & traps at the gym!
  • caramelgyrlk
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Banged out some back & traps at the gym!

How was it? Are you surrounded by plastic shields? I saw a video clip of a gym with plastic shields in between each treadmill and elliptical.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Front and back squats today and a bit of accessory work. I hate hollow rocks. I have marky Mark's on my program for tomorrow. Can someone enlighten me? Can only find the rapper when I Google this strange exercise.

• AllPositive1
    Front and back squats today and a bit of accessory work. I hate hollow rocks. I have marky Mark's on my program for tomorrow. Can someone enlighten me? Can only find the rapper when I Google this strange exercise.

Try searching for Marky mark workout. I think that's what you're looking for.