Women around 5’6, what is your goal weight?

Replies

• mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    I'm 5.5.5 and right now I sit just at 205. I started at 231 and just those 26 pounds has made such a difference in my overall shape. (See my profile pic!)

I have a long torso and arms, and a bigger behind so my structure makes me looks more solid. My goal weight is 170. BMI says I should be around 135-150 but I like the way my body looks around 170. It's honestly up to you. There is no "ideal" one size fits all because we are built differently.

When it comes to size, I started in a 22, 2XL plus size and now I am in a 15-16, XL women's (even squeezed into a 14!!!), and my goal is a 12. I figure another 30 pounds down and that isn't unrealistic!
  • elsavonwitchtone
    elsavonwitchtone Posts: 2 Member
    My goal is 117.
  • elsavonwitchtone
    elsavonwitchtone Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5'6 and 171 :( I used to be 115, 125, 130, 145 lol now I am huge. 10 years ago I was 227. My goal is 117.
  • SunshineWalk
    SunshineWalk Posts: 8 Member
    130 lbs. I'm 5 ft 5.5 in. I'm at 152 now. (clothing size US 10 and 12) I hold my weight in the belly area and thighs. My first time and only time to set off losing weight was four years ago. I was 174 and got down to 121. (clothing size US 4 and 6) I still had belly fat but everything else looked unhealthy. I started weight training and felt very comfortable at 130.
  • dex391
    dex391 Posts: 18 Member
    I’m 5’6. Currently 156 and feel good at this weight. I’m considered large frame so I look smaller than my actual weight.
  • missyelainious
    missyelainious Posts: 30 Member
    I am 5’6” and am 132 right now. I am aiming for 126 and would like to fit comfortably in size 4 or 6. I started the year at 164 for reference!
  • jenlaggg
    jenlaggg Posts: 1 Member
    5'6" here.
    My goal is a pants size of an 8, which puts me around 160lbs. At 145, I'm in a size 4.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    I’m 5’5.5. Almost 60 years old not narrow, and carry a good deal of weight in my chest (DDD). I’m at 135 now and pretty happy with it. I’ve lost 75 pounds. It came from everywhere but my chest which is a bit annoying. I was hoping get a bit smaller there because it makes certain exercise uncomfortable even with a top notch sports bra. .
  • wanderlustisamust
    wanderlustisamust Posts: 4 Member
    5'6". My first goal is to get to 150. Once I reach that goal, then I can reassess! I don't eat at a huge calorie deficit, so my weight loss is slow. 150 is a ways away for me, and would be a different pant size, so I'm just looking forward to celebrating that. The lowest I've weighed as an adult was 130, and that was with a significant amount of muscle on me. That would maybe be the "ideal" for me, but given changed life circumstances, I doubt I'll ever be that physically active again (I was working out 6-7 days a week as my boyfriend owned a gym, and I felt the need to "keep up". I definitely burned out on that, and then so did the relationship :D ). However, I'm hoping to find a more sustainable way of building muscle and staying fit, and to gradually decrease my body fat percentage over time, so we will see!
  • lisajamesmac
    lisajamesmac Posts: 30 Member
    Around 132lb, 42lb down so on to the last 8lb
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    It depends on what you are looking for. I don’t want to look like a Calvin Klein model, but if that’s what you want, you’ll aim to be way thinner than me. It also depends on how much muscle you are aiming for since muscle weighs more than fat.

I am currently 187 and aiming for 135ish, but as I get closer to that, I’ll modify my goal based on the appearance I’m aiming for (I want to be a sporty fit chick with some muscle mass, closer to fitness model than body builder though).
  • gailmjones
    gailmjones Posts: 1 Member
    I'm setting my goal as 160. My high was 198 & now am 190. My bigger goal is to eat healthier & exercise daily; we'll see where I plateau. I think you'll know when you hit the proper weight for yourself.
  • Summer_Raine_01
    Summer_Raine_01 Posts: 16 Member
    5'6 here, goal weight of 140-150.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    5'5.5" here - my UGW is 125, but I'd be really pleased with 135.
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm 5'6" I look best, IMO, around 155 to 160lbs
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 627 Member
    I’m 5’5” and 52 years old. My current weight is 126. Highest weight was 145.
    My goal is 120. Once I get there, then I’d decide if I want to try for 115.
    In terms of size, I don’t find clothing sizes very consistent, so don’t think about those.
  • burgerqueen20
    burgerqueen20 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5ft8 so a little taller but I have got to 134 before and was a little too boney, looking back I feel I looked my best around 145-150.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Ideally 140lb but I just want to get my UK size 12 genes on!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,304 Member
    I'm 169cm (5'6 1/2ish?) and feel best around 62+- a bit. Less weight means my face looks terribly haggard and unhealthy and my calorie allowance is too low.
  • Oneka5
    Oneka5 Posts: 106 Member
    I'm around 5ft5. My goal weight initially was 150. I am about at 150 now and still have a lot of body fat so i'm bumping my goal to 140. The number on the scale doesn't bother me as much as it did but I assume I'll prob need to weigh a little less to get this extra fat off.