What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Nobody told me I would be surprised by my own anatomy.

There have been a few people here worried about 'lumps' that turned out to be bones.
    In my case, I wondered what the hard lump was halfway down the midline of my chest. Turns out it's the xiphoid process, a part of the sternum which, in my case, sticks out forwards a bit. Phew! :smile:

If you used to be obese, it’s not unusual for your xiphoid to “pop” forward to accommodate your belly. Then when you lose weight it looks odd. But chances are good it will gradually return to it’s normal position, mine did after about a year.

Yeah, I was very surprised to read about that. I wonder if the 'popping back' depends on age since the xiphoid process ossifies by 40 years old or so (I have a few years left :smile:)
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    That you will set off alarms in the hospital when they hook you up to a heart monitor because your resting heart rate is so low. Not because you have a heart condition, but because you are in really good shape.

Love this!
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

I absolutely love this post, this is so accurate especially the mirror!!! (from past experience haha not now) Thank you for this post, its amazing. I see around 800 people everyday at work and you obviously get to know people and some people you just nod at or w/e .. amazing how many people want to talk to me or suddenly show an interest.. mad that isn't it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!