30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    @thelastnightingale I definitely notice a difference in how much I want to stick with a plan based on the quality of my sleep. I now set an alarm in the evening to remind me to stop what I'm doing and get ready for bed. :D
  • MommaGemz
    Day 20

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my stationary bike today! Then we have to put it together, so I probably won't get to try it out until tomorrow. Eeeeeeee!! :D

I did have a crappy incident as a small business owner that really crushed the rest of my day. I wanted to comfort eat SO BAD. Being a small business owner is truly 99% positive and satisfying, but that 1% can really be a soul-sucker. Regardless, I managed to stay on track with my meal plan. Okay... maybe I snuck in a cookie, but I was still within my calorie range :wink:

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have about 30lbs to lose!
  • MommaGemz
    @AleLue_1 Excellent! More friends for support!
  • MommaGemz
    Day 21

BOOOOOO.... My stationary bike did NOT arrive yesterday and I am really bummed. And the company does not have a new estimated time for delivery, so... I wait. :(

I had a difficult day yesterday, so I had poor sleep last night and I'm tired today. I weigh-in tomorrow morning, so I need to be extra diligent not to snack to "stay awake" today. But there will be extra coffee for sure. I'm trying to also keep my sodium intake lower today so I don't retain extra water before weigh-in.

In general this week has been extra frustrating, disappointing and exhausting. All of the components that really trigger me to comfort eat. I'm doing my best to have the willpower and just make it to Saturday when we can have our Anniversary celebration.

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅

50066269426_27ee165b43_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    Happy July 1st!!

50066549707_6d6e7192fb.jpg
  • mpluna64
    mpluna64 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there! That's fat me in the photo from just before quarantine. (we went to Sarasota from 3/5-10 - I don't regret it)! I am a lump. I sit in the same chair all day working or doing minimal housework. I have a full house again, after the empty nest. My son was in the Peace Corps in Peru and got evacuated at the end of his service - hasn't lived home since 2012, and my youngest daughter was class of 2020 at her university, so that was a rough patch. Middle daughter is in NY - ground zero of the virus - haven't seen her since December. The only fun thing to do was family dinner. But I eat my feelings, so I've gained weight from that "beautiful" before pic - Last I looked was 201.4. Goal is 150, but I'll take 160. I've been working with a trainer, and paid her in advance because she was about to go under in March - first we did FaceTime, but since May 15 she has been coming here (I'm in Virginia). It's 3 hours of exercise a week, plus I will walk the dogs a few miles on the weekends. Honestly, I'm a binge eater, and when times get tough I get snacking. Now I feel lousy and have no stamina. Today was day one of tracking. I was really hungry all day, but I had about 1300 calories (goal is 1200) and ate very well; breakfast was 1 slice bread with 1 (measured) TB natural no sugar peanut butter and 1/2 banana; lunch was salad made by my super healthy new grad w/ some chunks of leftover meat from last night; watermelon for snack and dinner (also made by daughter - she cooks vegetarian on wednesdays) shakshouka (eggs and peppers), zucchini fritters and shishito peppers for dinner. Tomorrow is my night to cook. It's all mental for me. I know what to eat (not mint milanos!) but sometimes......it's like falling off the wagon. Anyway, thanks for listening.......
  • MommaGemz
    Weigh-In Day - Week 3!

Start: 196.2
    Last week: 191.6

TODAY: 189.4

Down 2.2 last week, and 6.8 total
  • MommaGemz
    Day 22

Today has been SO completely overwhelming. So many things to do and not enough time or hands to do them.

Amazon was completely out of stock of the stationary bike I had already ordered when it was listed as IN STOCK, and didn't know when they would get them back in stock. I canceled my order. I spent some time doing more bike research only to find that all bike companies are giving a 60 day lead time for delivery and some... will only deliver to the curb! I scoured local stores and finally found one that has one of the bikes I wanted in stock right now and available for pick up. I ordered it, and my ordered was processed only to find out.... that store was actually already sold out as well. SERIOUSLY sick and tired of stores selling me something that is actually out of stock. Now I have found another store that sells the bike I want (but overpriced) and will 'supposedly' deliver it next week. We'll see :(

I also had a long list of business tasks to catch up on, home schooling, cleaning, groceries, steps - UGH. So tired. I barely, barely made my step goal today.

Meals were my standard, but last week I did manage to get some frozen scallops at Aldi and decided to make a pasta dish tonight. It was a great change of pace!

Initial Daily Goals:
    Calories ✅
    Steps ✅
    Water ✅

One perfectly weighed portion of my very favorite ice cream (Blue Bell - Moollenium Crunch) to save the day!

50068977528_91505028a7_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    @mpluna64 This year seems to have really challenged everyone is ways we never ever expected. I haven't seen my Mom (who lives 10 miles away) in 4 months now. She's a senior, recently recovered from Cancer, and we just don't want to risk her health. I'm now home schooling my two kids, which I never, ever considered before. It's a big change for everyone. I too ate ALOT of my feelings over the last couple of months. Gained back way more than I had lost the year before and was too stressed out and anxious to consider exercise or tracking calories.

I'm wishing you and your family the very best! Best wishes in getting back on track and I hope everyone stays healthy! <3<3
  • mpluna64
    mpluna64 Posts: 4 Member
    So sorry about your mom. Thank goodness for video calling, I hope. Are ok today and saw trainer.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Oh, @MommaGemz. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, he looks like such a sweetie. Is it helpful to talk about him, or does that just make you sad?

Well done for being aware of your triggers and making an effort to stay on track. It really is tough when you're faced with sad situations like this, but being aware of how you would have reacted in your past life is so important. And you know you would have reached for all fo the food, but you're past that.

I hope you enjoy your anniversary when it comes - you deserve a nice day, and taking one day out to have some time for yourself is not going to derail anything. You'll get straight back on that wagon the day after, and you'll deal with your feelings then, rather than eat them. You've definitely got this - you've been so good so far and we definitely all believe in you.
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale Thank you so much! I know that the ups and downs of life have been the reasons that I've failed to reach my goals in the last few years. Now I know that this is a process of continuing to stay on track regardless of how life is feeling at the moment. About not letting food be the means of comfort, and remembering that I really NEED to develop a coping method that does not revolve around food.
  • kel_E
    kel_E Posts: 12 Member
    Hello MommaGemz, I would like to join this discussion. I have started Myfitnesspal today. I will be turning 50 this
    month and I need some motivation. You are doing a great job! I am a serious stress snacker. I have been trying to
    lose the same 25lbs the last 9 years, but in all honesty I can only get pass losing 10 and then it comes back on
    again. I have been married for 27 years and our oldest son just finished his 2nd year of college (extreme stress) and our youngest son just graduated high school, and will hopefully be attending the college of his choice in August. We are waiting to see if the University allows on campus housing. Hope to be successful together. I definitely need a healthier coping method to life.
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    @MommaGemz What a woman of beauty and dignity you are! You have had so many ups and downs lately, and you have handled them with such strength. You have provided a comfortable place on MFP for all of us to safely share our own struggles and victories. THANK YOU! Prayers that today is a bit more relaxed and "MommaGemz-centered".
  • MommaGemz
    @kel_E Welcome! I seem to experience of losing the same handful of pounds over and over. Then when I hit what I call my "settling point" (where my body likes to settle) - instead of pushing harder I get complacent. I'm hoping with more group support and daily accountability posting I can push through. But honestly, that point is still 15 pounds away so I even have to get there first :o

Congratulations of your kids' achievements this year! I imagine it was a difficult one to keep motivated when the schools transitioned to online and Seniors lost many of their events. My kids are both in elementary school, so we felt the huge stressor of managing their daily school learning.

Best wishes on your journey and I hope you check in and keep me posted on your progress! <3
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 Congratulations on the 4 lb loss! Fantastic! Thank you so much - we had a nice, relaxing day yesterday. We ate and drank what we wanted, and I decided to do NO work whatsoever. It was super recuperating!

And mowing the lawn in the summer heat is NO joke! That's some work and sweat for sure