Feeding the 4 o’clock beast...

realnurse26
realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
Any of you guys know him? Shows up for me when it’s been hours since lunch and not quite supper time yet. I’m probably doing my early afternoon snack wrong, because I’m starving by 4. Anyone have any good snack suggestions to help tame the beast, lol?

Replies

• River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    Hard boiled eggs work well for me
  • jessicadloza
    jessicadloza Posts: 5 Member
    100 calorie Greek yogurt, string cheese, or 2% cottage cheese. Or some fresh raw veggies (carrots, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, etc.)
  • nikkigetsthinner
    nikkigetsthinner Posts: 19 Member
    I usually munched an apple, get an orange, drink a glass of milk, eat some Greek yogurt, or boil an egg.
  • cleopold4
    cleopold4 Posts: 16 Member
    Protein

my everyday breakfast
    I have
    1 egg,
    2 toast,
    130g baked beans
    ,4 mushrooms
    couple handfuls of spinach

I know its hard, but I delay ..its more brunch..about 10am~11am

this keeps me till 6pm dinner time

I have a couple of red wines with my 800 calorie dinner.. my dinner is usually very filling. ie lots veg, potatoes ..a chicken breast, some mung bean pitas

I have room for a crumpet with honey with my nightly coffee

This is what my daily 1500 cal +150 calorie exercise gain looks like.. and I usually have about 100-300 left over.

Push comes to shove , I could give up a wine and also using my calorie surplus I could have a lovely tuna and onion/tomato sandwich at 4pm. if I really needed to.

:-)
  • realnurse26
    cleopold4 wrote: »
    Protein

my everyday breakfast
    I have
    1 egg,
    2 toast,
    130g baked beans
    ,4 mushrooms

I have a couple of red wines with my 800 calorie dinner.. my dinner is usually very filling. ie lots veg, potatoes ..a chicken breast, some mung bean pitas

This is what my daily 1500 cal +150 calorie exercise gain looks like.. and I usually have about 100-300 left over.

Push comes to shove , I could give up a wine and also using my calorie surplus I could have a lovely tuna and onion/tomato sandwich at 4pm. if I really needed to.

I’ve never had a crumpet. 😊 Is that something like an English muffin? Or more like a cookie? Just curious. Lol

• tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    I sometimes use this little tactic: I ask myself, “ are you hungry enough to eat an apple?” If my answer is NO, then I guess I’m not really hungry-maybe I’m just bored, or frustrated, or tired or stressed. And so I don’t eat anything, and just wait for the next meal. If my answer is YES, then I will eat... an apple. ( it doesn’t always work, because sometimes I tear into the cookies, but hey, it’s about having a variety of tools in your toolkit).
  • realnurse26
    I sometimes use this little tactic: I ask myself, “ are you hungry enough to eat an apple?” If my answer is NO, then I guess I’m not really hungry-maybe I’m just bored, or frustrated, or tired or stressed. And so I don’t eat anything, and just wait for the next meal. If my answer is YES, then I will eat... an apple. ( it doesn’t always work, because sometimes I tear into the cookies, but hey, it’s about having a variety of tools in your toolkit).

Love it. 😊👍🏻
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I usually eat my biggest meal at 4 pm. Lighter breakfast and lunch, lighter still 2nd dinner.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    cleopold4 wrote: »
    Protein

my everyday breakfast
    I have
    1 egg,
    2 toast,
    130g baked beans
    ,4 mushrooms

I’ve never had a crumpet. 😊 Is that something like an English muffin? Or more like a cookie? Just curious. Lol

I'm in the US and they are VERY hard to find here. Sometimes Costco carries them and I get a bunch of them for my grandmother (she's from England). They're kind of a cross between an English muffin and a donut if you can imagine that consistency. Kind of doughy. So delish with a little syrup on top! I'm drooling thinking about them.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    I usually feel hungry mid afternoon, but I'm not really hungry...I just want something to munch on. Lately, I've been eating a mixture of blanched sugar snap peas and green grapes. Sometimes with a cup of coffee or tea. I can eat quite a few peas for not a lot of calories and it gives me the same crunchy satisfaction that munching on a bowl of potato chips would. And the grapes are a nice sweet dessert.